SoCali Fit Sighting thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
i know, but i doubt it makes any difference in driving feel. Plus i think he pushes it hard alot cause he let me, that prolly speeds up the process

hahah no it doesn't. that's terrible for the car. it's certainly speeds up the process of his car dying...

Old 09-21-2008, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
oh well, its a Honda, it wants you to rape it HARD!

Old 09-21-2008, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know about RAPEing someone else's car....

Old 09-21-2008, 03:39 PM
is anyone from the 818 area? SF Valley.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member

....... yeeeeah... i don't know where you heard that one from.... ?

Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
i know, but i doubt it makes any difference in driving feel. Plus i think he pushes it hard alot cause he let me, that prolly speeds up the process
i'm @ 1.5k miles now and it's been officially over a week since i got it! I drive like a grandma 99.9% of the time and I can count the number of times i've hit vtec still too

Originally Posted by saiko
hahah no it doesn't. that's terrible for the car. it's certainly speeds up the process of his car dying...
and actually, I was in a hurry to put some good miles on the car because of all of the dyno'ing, test, r&d'ing that's going on with the car. I'm really smooth and nimble with the throttle and consistently avg over 42 mpg including LA 605&405 traffic everyday. The only reason I let him push the car is because he's a fellow fitfreak and i already had the main major breakin/tune up/maintanence already done. I wouldn't do anything in sum1 else's car that i wouldn't do in mine. If you'd ask to drive the car and asked to push it, i'd prbly let u 2

Old 09-21-2008, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saiko
....... yeeeeah... i don't know where you heard that one from.... ?
mm cuz on my sister's RSX when you VTEC it screams harder and louder hahaha

Old 09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
HAHA!! i chased down an nhbp gd3 last night cuz i thought it was jazn, but i pulled up next to it and it was two asian dudes... LOL!!! i just said, "sup? i thought you were somebody else cuz you got the same wheels... anywayz, check out fitfreak.net!" so that was awkward.

oh and earlier that day, i was next to a stock ssm gd3 at a light with a FINE ASS HOE driving and she didn't even look at me... wtf?

Old 09-21-2008, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper

oh and earlier that day, i was next to a stock ssm gd3 at a light with a FINE ASS HOE driving and she didn't even look at me... wtf?
Who you calling HOE??

Old 09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
mm cuz on my sister's RSX when you VTEC it screams harder and louder hahaha

You know 90% the fun things we do aren't good for ourselves. I'm just saying I push my car from time to time, but it's never healthy for the engine. Honda builds engines that are amongst the highest quality, but all engines have their limits.

It's like running. (I'm a runner) For the first few weeks, you can't go all out on every run. You have to build up to a level where you can keep a consistent pace and then you know when you can push and go all out. the number one thing is that you should always let your engine build up to a point where it's broken in.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
i'm @ 1.5k miles now and it's been officially over a week since i got it! I drive like a grandma 99.9% of the time and I can count the number of times i've hit vtec still too

and actually, I was in a hurry to put some good miles on the car because of all of the dyno'ing, test, r&d'ing that's going on with the car. I'm really smooth and nimble with the throttle and consistently avg over 42 mpg including LA 605&405 traffic everyday. The only reason I let him push the car is because he's a fellow fitfreak and i already had the main major breakin/tune up/maintanence already done. I wouldn't do anything in sum1 else's car that i wouldn't do in mine. If you'd ask to drive the car and asked to push it, i'd prbly let u 2

oh trust me, I hit vtec all of the time. For the first 3-5k, I was really easy on the engine. I don't have that 2nd gear crunch. and I think that there's a gate on first gear so you can't shift into it on certain speeds. I'm able to down shift to first at 10-15 mph. but i don't because I don't like rev matching.

Me pushing a car is redlining it. You down? hahaha I go at it with my friends sometimes but yeah, I drive my friends cars all of the time and I always have respect for things. I was taught always return something that somebody let you barrow in the same or better condition it was when they gave it to you... unless that is... they tell me to "GO!". hahahaha

this thread is greeeeeeeeat but back on topic

so cali fit sightings

yesterday
3 pm
bom fit
black rims (gun metal perhaps?)
tanabe touring exhaust
middle/old aged asian man driving
wouldn't look at me.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
on riggins street, saw a blue tinted fit with a transformers sticker on the front side window with hood deflector! woo looked nice

Old 09-21-2008, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
i have one last question, do you think an engine torque damper makes a big difference, i dont know if it's just my car alone but if i step on the gas too quickly at higher revs alot of times i get a longg pause where i hear the engine rev up but the car doesn't accerate AT ALL! It's scary cause i imagine that when this happens my engine must be flexing like crazy. I dont rev my car high very often and rarely exceed 6000rpm even when going as fast as i can, but i figure this pause is not good for mounts and such, does ANYONE else experience this?? btw this happens alot while high speed cornering exits when i floor it out

Old 09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
sounds like loss of traction.... Or you're not releasing the clutch lol. but yeah, for the money the, an ETD will do it's job well and help u put more power to the ground by lessening wheel spiN BUT if you want a huge difference in "exiting corner traction" I would highly recomend getting an LSD.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
OK seriously back on topic. I saw an SSM sport, dropped, tinted, and mugen visor'd going down rancho niguel and turning into a neighborhood. i waved at him but no response

Old 09-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
i have one last question, do you think an engine torque damper makes a big difference, i dont know if it's just my car alone but if i step on the gas too quickly at higher revs alot of times i get a longg pause where i hear the engine rev up but the car doesn't accerate AT ALL! It's scary cause i imagine that when this happens my engine must be flexing like crazy. I dont rev my car high very often and rarely exceed 6000rpm even when going as fast as i can, but i figure this pause is not good for mounts and such, does ANYONE else experience this?? btw this happens alot while high speed cornering exits when i floor it out

Doesn't sound like you're releasing the clutch. haha i don't have this problem so Idk. James my be right as well

Old 09-21-2008, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by los_creeper
was next to a stock ssm gd3 at a light with a FINE ASS HOE driving and she didn't even look at me... wtf?
If some creep drove next to me I would look over either....

Old 09-21-2008, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
hahaha no im not on the clutch and it's not because of the lack of LSD either, if we're ever at the same meet again maybe i can show you what i'm talking about if you've brave enough to ride w/ an asian driver

Old 09-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
hahaha no im not on the clutch and it's not because of the lack of LSD either, if we're ever at the same meet again maybe i can show you what i'm talking about if you've brave enough to ride w/ an asian driver
uhhh i'm Japanese. don't talk down asian drivers. I drive very well. lol

Old 09-21-2008, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
when i say asian i really mean vietnamese/westminster drivers. Of course a JDM driver is gonna be good at driving. Oh and sorry when i met you, i thought you were korean.. haha

Quick Reply: SoCali Fit Sighting thread