Beautiful, just fucken beautiful!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
huh? ^ lol

Old 03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
i was just a teenager in high school so scare tactics worked on me back then, not so much anymore..

my best guess about cops in the south bay is that people that fit my profile are [generally] street racers so every teenage asian driving a honda is assumed to have illegal modifications. to their surprise my engine bay was stock -- at least it looked stock. sohc zc engine, header with the OEM heat shield welded on, and a gutted OEM air box with a high-flow filter always flies under the radar
Ahhhh I hate that they do that to people who don't know the law. They're supposed to serve and protect, but more often they falsely incriminate. Good to see you've learned!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
i used to get pulled over for being a teenage asian with a shaved head driving a honda all the time when i lived in the south bay. since it happened so often i always drove by the posted speed limits. typical response from the officer was, "you fit the profile of someone we're looking for.. pop that hood and step out of the car. are there any weapons or drugs in the car you want to tell us about?" ... i was even hand-cuffed once while they searched my entire vehicle -- bastards made me late for work.

no use in shitting a purple twinkie whether you agree or disagree with someone's opinions regarding cops. cops are people, people are biased, people are kind, people are douche bags. when you get pulled over hopefully you get the good cop and not the one waiting to ream you with his nightstick because his wife is leaving him for his brother's foreign roommate... kthnxbai
Good point. Cops are people and people can be biase, have feelings, and have problems like the rest of us. WHat happen outside the job often affect the person on the job (like his wife leaving him and he's taking it out on a motorist).

Old 03-05-2010, 02:35 PM
This is southbay... socal... everyone learns that cops here are like that. It's true that i go 10+ mph on the road cause everyone else is going super fast. So without looking like an old asian man driving on the road I match my speed with others. So people that says they drive under or at limit... let me stamp on a BS sign on your head.

2nd... having an exhaust will totally give you a ticket... most likely fix it. But it all depends on your attitude with the cop and their attitude. Some will let you go easily and some will toy with you. I've always thought tanabe exhaust is a good alternative to keeping stockish look and also not being REALLY loud out there. Thus why I love it...

But I think these lil fix it tickets doesn't stop people from having exhausts on their cars. And it shouldn't ... you know cops should just chill outside muffler shops and pull over anyone who comes out of it. Cause if they want to make money off modified exhaust --- those are the people they should get.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by DatFIT
This is southbay... socal... everyone learns that cops here are like that. It's true that i go 10+ mph on the road cause everyone else is going super fast. So without looking like an old asian man driving on the road I match my speed with others. So people that says they drive under or at limit... let me stamp on a BS sign on your head.

2nd... having an exhaust will totally give you a ticket... most likely fix it. But it all depends on your attitude with the cop and their attitude. Some will let you go easily and some will toy with you. I've always thought tanabe exhaust is a good alternative to keeping stockish look and also not being REALLY loud out there. Thus why I love it...

But I think these lil fix it tickets doesn't stop people from having exhausts on their cars. And it shouldn't ... you know cops should just chill outside muffler shops and pull over anyone who comes out of it. Cause if they want to make money off modified exhaust --- those are the people they should get.
Or they could just goto every planned car meet.

Do I speed on the freeway? Yes. Am I risking getting a ticket for it? Yes. Do I speed on surface streets? Hell no. Cops have way too many places to hide.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
honestly i try to go 67mph as much as i can on the fwy... save gas. hahaha that is unless im really in a hurry or there is too much fast traffic around me, then i gotta jump to 75.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Honestly, I got 75-80 on the fwy... since everyone goes at that speed. And there are more out there that goes waay faster. But when I match my speed with the traffic its always at 75-80mph...

On the street I go about 5mph above the limit... again people go at that speed. And I match with them. Gotta be sneaky like a ninja yo. But if I have to go to the potty bad... all hell breaks loose.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
OP sucks you got a ticket. 400$ seems a lot for the speeding. Last year I got a ticket on my motorcycle. I was going 55 on 40mph zone ... The cop also got me for exhaust since I have two brothers (loud) exhaust on my cbr600rr. But my ticket was 330$ ... The exhaust was not fix it also... I just paid the fine and went on with my life. I broke the law on speeding I'll accept that. Also having exhaust... but I have a reason to have exhaust. But it's not like our exhaust are louder than the freaking harleys out there.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
The cost for citations keep going up. Good way for the state to make up the deficit.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
You had better plan on taking a defensive driving course because your insurance rates will go up if you don't..... I think everyone on the road should take one and people that use cell phones when driving should be flogged on Saturday mornings on the town square or at the very least face the same penalties as drunk drivers.