Nelson Honda complaint - need input

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
Nelson Honda complaint - need input

Hi guys,

Long story short, I went to Nelson Honda (used to be Spirit Honda) in El Monte for some warranty work. Made appointment on Monday for today at 4. Went in at 3:30pm, was told it was too late and they do not have technicians or space to work on my car. Earliest they can do is Friday morning or Monday.

I was upset because they took down my appointment time and was promised i had a spot...I even used my PTO to get out of work early! I go to school in Irvine, work in Downtown LA and I'm busy 7/7 days. I don't have time for that BS and re-scheduling.

So I made an appointment for Sat at Sierra Honda. I also called American Honda Corp. to file a complaint against Nelson with the 2 service advisors' names. They gave me a case # too to reference.

My question to you guys is, what is the percentage that American Honda will actually do something or contact the dealer about it?

(Btw, I gave them consent to let dealer know that I called in)

Thanks

Old 07-30-2010, 03:34 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
will probably give you a free oil change or something... wont really do anything.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Better Business Bureau > Filing corp. complaint

Contact the BB and file with them. It's how I got a lube shop to pay for a new engine for my Civic.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by mikejet
Better Business Bureau > Filing corp. complaint

Contact the BB and file with them. It's how I got a lube shop to pay for a new engine for my Civic.
Really? You recommend the BBB because this dude was inconvenienced and had to burn some PTO at work... Like Chris said you'll likely get a free oil change but being that they didn't damage your car, or directly cost you money nothing will come of it.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Really? You recommend the BBB because this dude was inconvenienced and had to burn some PTO at work... Like Chris said you'll likely get a free oil change but being that they didn't damage your car, or directly cost you money nothing will come of it.
Bad service is bad service. Even if he doesn't get anything it will be on file with them at the BBB and if people look up that business they will see outstanding complaints.

I don't see a problem here.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:05 AM
He didn't get bad service, in fact he got no service. I'm sure there were circumstances at bay. People leaving because they were sick, people calling out. Fucking people always trying to get something for nothing.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
He didn't get bad service, in fact he got no service. I'm sure there were circumstances at bay. People leaving because they were sick, people calling out. Fucking people always trying to get something for nothing.
No where in the original post is he asking for anything. It sounds more like he wants the dealership to be aware of the bad service that happened.

Yes, no service is bad service when a company makes a promise to you. If something like that happens you can complain and go somewhere else.

I really don't see an issue here.

I agree with the OP's concern. I've gone to my dealership without any problems and recommend them(Diamond Honda!) but if they did that to me I would file a complaint and go else where.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:28 PM
When someone calls corporate Honda to complain they are 100% of the time looking to get something for free. He even goes as far to ask what will come of it, clearly looking for some sort of handout.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
to clarify, my goal in contacting corporate was to make the service dept. aware of the bad service. the service manager is a good guy...i like working with him, but its the advisors that are bad service people.

i dont want anything free - heck, i bring my own oil and pay for their oil change service. im not the type where i want something for free...im complaining on principle. a dealer provides service. when a dealer does not provide service, then there's something wrong with that equation. Ok, lets assume someoone was out sick, i even called to confirm 2 hour before my appointment time and they acknowledged the appointment.

so no, im not looking to get anything free...but more to make them realize the way they are practicing could be improved upon.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm...I don't know about bad service he never received any...yeah he made an appointment and they couldn't take him in. Why? would be my question I mean sh!t happens and it could be a number of legit reasons. Is it worth complaining to Honda or the BB? IMO no...that would just be wasting more of the OP's time.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
i dont plan on doing anything past contacting american honda, which i did immediately yesterday. i will just go to another dealership. if american honda is going to do something or notify the dealership then so be it, if not it's fine as well. You can argue that contacting american honda was based on my emotions at that time, but it definitely made me feel better after contacting them haha.

but imo, service starts when you contact the dealership requesting an appointment..not just when you physically present at the location.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:04 PM
You are correct that service starts when you make an appointment. I think the proper route to have followed with this would be to have asked to speak with the service manager before leaving the dealership. If nothing else he would have been able to explain exactly why service could not be given same day, possibly even made things happen for you.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, i would of talked to the manager but he wasn't present at the time.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Fiticious did the right thing, filing a formal complaint with Honda America. if these dealerships don't know they're doing something wrong how do they know what to fix?

if enough people complained about the guy picking his nose at the mc donalds fry station or the ass-hat manager at jack in the box who won't give you a second pack of ranch even if you've ordered 10 spicy chicken sandwiches, they'll shape up when they know their job is on the line.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
^lol at the ranch comment. haha.

in essence, the dealership should be thanking me for revealing their flaw and improving their service dept. lol

Old 07-30-2010, 01:48 PM
I have worked at a Honda dealership. My best advice is to go early in the morning for any type of service, warranty or maintenance. Making an appointment might help, but due to the amount of cars that drive up on a daily basis, service advisors and techs will always be busy.
Good Luck.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:57 AM
Hmm I thought it was just me getting crummy service at Honda there's always something wrong when I go.I use to go hellah early for service n I would also call ahead of time but then I show up and all of a sudden no techs were in..like really?? Even for my recall..I still haven't gotten that fixed cuz when I went the guy was a complete douche to me..so now I just do my own oil changes and other services.I was totally dissappointed in the way I was treated numerous times, and this was at various locations

Old 08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
went to sierra and they were wonderful. if you guys ever go there, stop by their cafe..its not too bad. i had their italian omlette with hashbrowns and coffee...and it was under $5 after tax.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Fitcious
went to sierra and they were wonderful. if you guys ever go there, stop by their cafe..its not too bad. i had their italian omlette with hashbrowns and coffee...and it was under $5 after tax.
What?!?!?! Cafe with omlettes at a dealership?!?!

hmmmm

Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
^lol, not just omlettes, there's like full on bfast..with sausages, bacons, bagels, eggs, etc. free coffee as well. apparently its been there...but no one notices it since its between the honda and chevy dealer..and who goes to the chevy dealer anyways? hahaha