Has anyone ever seen my Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by zilla8
I'll be on the look out

I'm on the Westside myself Santa Monica and roll to both Super car Sunday and CC down in Irvine

would be cool to have a few others roll with me

I will post up in the southern Cal section when I plan to go again
Just PM me whenever you feel like meeting up. I usually go to Torrance, Orange County, Monterey Park, and Rowland Heights.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Nice ge man , wats the purpose of having two different size of wheels

Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by sr.sedan
Nice ge man , wats the purpose of having two different size of wheels
Well, if you check out what people said on the first page, you'll see some reasons why I have this setup. I have the rear at 15" for the sake of being lightweight & flexible in a way that I want it to be. Another good thing about smaller wheels is that it's cheaper. F1 is hardcore. They run with 13-14" wheels. They want more meat from the tires instead.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 06302
Acura RDX shark fin antenna
Was it plug & play? Any difference in reception?

Bosch lightweight aerodynamic windshield wiper (just one wiper)
Post up a pic.

Fog light delete
You just removed them? Did you use the Base covers (not sure if they fit)? details...

Car's got some nice mods on it so far. Looks good!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
F1 uses small diameter wheels because that's what the FIA allows in the rules/reguations. The teams would like to move up to a larger diameter.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir

Post up a pic.

You just removed them? Did you use the Base covers (not sure if they fit)? details...

It's been a while since I listened to the radio with the stock antenna, cause my friend gave me some longer & nicer antenna (the one on my first pic). I think it was a Fairlady Z antenna. Forgot. The shark fin sounds great to me. It should be better if not the same as the stock antenna. I usually play music through my iPhone, cause radio stations don't always put on good driving music for people to listen to. I like to listen to Initial D music. I consider it one of the best music to listen to while driving. I uploaded an updated pic with the shark fin.

I never took a closeup pic of the Bosch windshield wiper. I'll upload a somewhat clear pic of it so you get the idea of how it looks with the car. It was a 2006 discontinued model. It's supposed to be better than the one they currently have.

Fog light delete: I took it off for a few reasons. I plan to put on some kind of mesh as a cover to make it look cleaner and to prevent little animals from going inside. I never had an animal go inside before, but there's a chance that it could happen haha.
1. Weight savings. Every bit counts.
2. Improved aerodynamics
3. My lights are bright and wide enough anyway so no point.
4. The delete acts as a brake duct for air to cool down the brakes, thus making them stronger.
5. It gives the car a sportier look. High performance sport cars are an example.

I'm glad you like the car. We can meet up some time with your car so we can see what we can do to improve your car and to see how my car drives. It's not meant to just look good. It's supposed to drive well as well. Pretty much everything I put has some kind of function that improves the drivability of the car. I could've made it look crazy, but I choose to keep it somewhat of a sleeper. Don't want to attract unwanted attention.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:41 PM

Post up a pic.

Hope this gives you a better idea of how the single wiper looks.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I guess having different size wheel is a preference thing

Old 07-09-2012, 04:43 PM

Old 07-09-2012, 05:13 PM
Yea, but it's stupid to get really big wheels. It's just for looks. Bigger wheels are heavier and more expensive.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
It's been a while since I listened to the radio with the stock antenna, cause my friend gave me some longer & nicer antenna (the one on my first pic). I think it was a Fairlady Z antenna. Forgot. The shark fin sounds great to me. It should be better if not the same as the stock antenna. I usually play music through my iPhone, cause radio stations don't always put on good driving music for people to listen to. I like to listen to Initial D music. I consider it one of the best music to listen to while driving. I uploaded an updated pic with the shark fin.
Cool.

How was the installation?
Was is a direct swap, or did you have to tap/splice wires?

Been thinking about removing my fogs too, barely use them, and now one of them has a microscopic hair line crack that I'm sure will get worse.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Cool.

How was the installation?
Was is a direct swap, or did you have to tap/splice wires?

Been thinking about removing my fogs too, barely use them, and now one of them has a microscopic hair line crack that I'm sure will get worse.
The installation was not that big of a deal. Had to adjust the wires a bit, but that's it. Just order the Acura RDX shark fin and you'll see what I'm talking about. I got the shark fin for $100.

You should definitely remove the fog lights. If you manage to find some mesh, that'll be best. I left mine open so plenty of cold air can go in and cool the brakes. They'll last a lot longer, and feel a lot stronger. Let me know how this goes for you.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
when are ya gonna lower it?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM
why does your car look like its in a junk yard?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by cokeismetal
when are ya gonna lower it?
Already lowered it with Tanabe springs... Planning to get Bilsteing B14 PSS later though...

Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by cokeismetal
why does your car look like its in a junk yard?
I replaced the stock windshield with a laminated windshield. The company makes OEM windshields for Benz. The stock one cracked a bit when I rolled off a mountain with the car. I only replaced the windshield and side mirrors. I got APR carbon fiber mirrors.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:30 AM
So wats ur next mod

Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 AM
So wats ur next mod
I'm interested in cams, but not when it's like $500 and we need to provide them with a stock cam for them to work on... Few other things that I'm looking forward to is a Modulo wing and Bilstein B14 PSS... It's easy for me to get Honda stuff since I got connections...

Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Just PM me whenever you feel like meeting up. I usually go to Torrance, Orange County, Monterey Park, and Rowland Heights.
cool will do
I like to run in the Santa Monica mountains during the week when the traffic is light.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Question

The installation was not that big of a deal. Had to adjust the wires a bit, but that's it. Just order the Acura RDX shark fin and you'll see what I'm talking about. I got the shark fin for $100......
Swapping pins? or direct plug & play? It would be nice to know what I'm going to get into before buying the RDX one.

Still haven't decided on the fogs, might just do a retrofit on them to make them more useful.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever seen my Fit?