Alberta fits!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks! Its crazy how light these are.
For the first few minutes on the henday i had some vibration in the steering wheel, but it kinda went away after a bit. Not really sure what that was all about.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good, man!

Old 11-16-2015, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man. I like the meaty tire look! I cant wait to see how these will turn out in blue

Old 11-17-2015, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Those in a nice deep blue would look sweet. We'll be opposites! Until I switch back to pie cutters at the end of the month for snow season.

Old 11-17-2015, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
You should sell the pie wheels and use the money for something nicer
Spotted a TW GE at WEM with some plastidip wheels and emblems. Gunna leave him a note for our little group lol.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by connor55
Spotted a TW GE at WEM with some plastidip wheels and emblems. Gunna leave him a note for our little group lol.
Is it lowered and have aftermarket tails?

Old 11-17-2015, 07:42 PM
Wow it's been a while since I've been on the boards. Your wheels are looking good Connor!! I'm now rocking the Steelies and Blizzaks for winter. 15's look funny to me.
I heard about the snow you guys got in GP spryter! I hope the highways won't be too bad between here and there.
Still need a meet! I saw the red GD with HID's, mugen visors and exhaust about a month back. It's good know that car is sill around.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Is it lowered and have aftermarket tails?
I didnt get a chance to see the back but it looked like it was stock height. He was gone before i could come back lol. Oh well

Originally Posted by GE8Girl
Wow it's been a while since I've been on the boards. Your wheels are looking good Connor!! I'm now rocking the Steelies and Blizzaks for winter. 15's look funny to me.
I heard about the snow you guys got in GP spryter! I hope the highways won't be too bad between here and there.
Still need a meet! I saw the red GD with HID's, mugen visors and exhaust about a month back. It's good know that car is sill around.
Yeah theyre pretty meaty looking after the 17s but they sure ride smooth.

Looks like it could be our turn for snow, at least a little tonight. This will be my first winter being lowered, im a little worried about my mugen lip. I should build a sharp metal edge to plow snow lol.

Im up for a winter meet if you guys want. Coukd make for some cool pics in the snow for sure!

Old 11-17-2015, 08:17 PM

Im up for a winter meet if you guys want. Coukd make for some cool pics in the snow for sure!
As long as the meet is somewhere warm! Coffee meet? (I'm a wimp in the cold)

Old 11-18-2015, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
As much as I would love to, I want to keep the original wheels around for resale. I'm thinking about switching from the Minis if I keep the car for longer than a year. When people sell nice wheels up here, they go cheap for small cars. Someone sold a set of Ray's G-Games for $400 in mint condition with almost new tires. I could've bought them and sold them on eBay for double.

Originally Posted by GE8Girl
I wish I could afford Blizzaks. My Dunlops are a decent winter tire, though. Winter meet would be cool (no pun intended), but I don't think I'd make it. I don't want to get into the details, but I owe my parents a lot of money due to an emergency that came up last month.

Besides, it's more fun if I have something new and shiny to show off, right? Maybe time for some new pipes, or a Progress RSB, or maybe something more JDM?

Old 11-18-2015, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
I didnt get a chance to see the back but it looked like it was stock height. He was gone before i could come back lol. Oh well
Oh haha. I know there's another GE here on the west end that has aftermarket jdm parts, idk if he still owns it though.

I might get a set of those in 15x7 instead, the looks of the Slipstreams never actually die out. They look good on almost everything.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
You should get in touch with him haha.

I got 6.5 for winter clearance. I think i can still fit chains on if i desperately need them. The 55 to 40 offset makes it a little bit tighter.

Old 11-19-2015, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
I think chains are going too far. I drove the Fit one winter lowered on Skunk2 with 195/50/15 winters and 15x6.5 Slipstreams and I've survived with no problems. Only issue I can see is if you park somewhere with deep snow, you might need a little rocking or pushing to get out because of how light the body is.

Oh and around spring time, watch out for the road humps in the middle. Those hurt lowered vehicles.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
I plow the middle of the street at stock ride height. If I lowered my car, the city would have to put me on the payroll.

Something cool is on it's way here from Osaka. Should be here Monday.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
The GD is ready for another hibernation.

Attached Thumbnails Alberta fits!-dsc_0014_1.jpg  
Old 11-20-2015, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Looking good! Hopefully you can come out to a future meet in the summer.
Time to start carrying the winter emergency kit around with me again. I have an inch and a half of clearance over my tire at the tightest point , so that should be enough to accommodate chains if i drive really slow lol.

Yeah im definitely expecting to do some plowing this year. I hope it doesnt damage anything.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Hopefully I get new wheels by summer.

Old 11-20-2015, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Me too! Got any other plans for the GD?

Old 11-21-2015, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Next year? A Flashpro for sure, then finish up my gauges, and maybe wheels. A buddy of mine gave me his quick release kit, so all I need is a wheel.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
Looking good! Hopefully you can come out to a future meet in the summer.
Time to start carrying the winter emergency kit around with me again. I have an inch and a half of clearance over my tire at the tightest point , so that should be enough to accommodate chains if i drive really slow lol.

Yeah im definitely expecting to do some plowing this year. I hope it doesnt damage anything.
Better book appt at body shop now for the spring - lol Hey we got 2-3 inches of white stuff last evening. Will stay home til I get my snows on on Wed.

Quick Reply: Alberta fits!