Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

07 Year End Results!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up 07 Year End Results!!

I saw that no-one made a post yet for any results for 07. I also just wanted to brag some more

For AutoX, I ended up coming away with overall points 1st place for HS in my region (Susquehanna Region SCCA). Also, in a few events I came in 2nd only to a multiple year national champion.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice job being consistent and attending all the events.

Do you have a season championship runoff? Only the Top 5 drivers with at least 6 events attended?

How many runs do you get? 4 per event? No practice runs, only walk the course?

How do you do on Pax overall for the day?

Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
honestly, im usually middle of the road when it comes to pax, but in the last event, driving the mini, i got 28/104, so not too bad.

theres no runoff, we get 3 or 4 depending on time constraints, and we only walk the course. at one event we had a LOT of noobs, so we did a parade lap.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyshk0
honestly, im usually middle of the road when it comes to pax, but in the last event, driving the mini, i got 28/104, so not too bad.

theres no runoff, we get 3 or 4 depending on time constraints, and we only walk the course. at one event we had a LOT of noobs, so we did a parade lap.
There are usually several levels/layers of competition.

First there are the drivers in your class. Some don't come to all events but always drive well. Some attend everything and do well enough each time to pick up points. Some have more than one car and pop into various classes through the year/season.

Then there are some events that pay attention to raw times and then there is PAX. My region only looks within your class and PAX.

Competition within class can be tough but doing well in PAX is the more difficult thing to do because you're given a handicap and that's how we compare our raw times. It isn't fair if you don't max out the allowable or legal upgrades for your given class.

So within stock class you can legally- (are you planning to drive in a non stock class?)
Add any drop in air filter
Add any shocks of the same size
Add any cat back exhaust
Use any DOT tires on stock sized wheels
Use any alignment

How many of these have you done?

We drive 4 runs for each event and at the end of the season we have runoffs of the top 5 drivers in each class- each takes 3 runs and there is no PAX- only competing within class.

At the end of the year we award for overall PAX through the season and overall Points for the season in addition to the runoff.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
i was racing bone-stock, down to the tires. i may be moving to sts, but i dunno if i wanna do that yet. the guy that typically wins sts is consistently in the top 10 for pax (mark chiles is usually 1,2, or 3, and he runs HS). that and, i dont really think the fit would be competitive in sts unless i dumped a couple grand into it.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyshk0
i was racing bone-stock, down to the tires. i may be moving to sts, but i dunno if i wanna do that yet. the guy that typically wins sts is consistently in the top 10 for pax (mark chiles is usually 1,2, or 3, and he runs HS). that and, i dont really think the fit would be competitive in sts unless i dumped a couple grand into it.
If you are bone stock then you did very very well. Tires make the biggest difference about 2 seconds per run or more. R compounds or at least Extreme Performance Summer tires are better than any all season tires.

Fresh drop in Air filter is good. A worn or clogged dirty air filter is bad.

Shocks are good.

Cat back exhaust is OK, mostly better sound, looks good and might weigh less than stock exhaust.

Agressive alignment is good but does wear tires a bit more.
If you can adjust front or rear camber then go as negative as possible.
Front toe can be 1/16" toe out and rear toe 1/16" toe in.

Street Touring S allows for many changes that are legal. Pax is adjusted for those changes. If you do only a few changes then you really won't do as well in that class for PAX although you might against the other drivers depending on their level of upgrades and driver skill.

Do you run with premium gas? You can try 1/4th tank to save a little weight.