Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

January FFC Meet! (Sunsplash Park, Daytona Beach, FL)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I think florida is 15% is the darkest you can go. Thats what i have!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
ITIts 35%-40%....
Ive been told by cops so many different things. Ive been told 20, 27, (wtf?) 30, 35, 40. All of them by cops. My Fit is 15%, Ive got a ticket for it. I was pulled over for speeding. Got a speeding ticket and one for my motha chicken tint!

My Mx-6 is 5%. Ive had 4 tickets for it also.

EDIT. Just looked it up.
I think this is bull. My rear windows were tested and I got my ticket.
Stick with 20% all around. You shouldnt get bothered.

Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 28% of light in.
Back Side Windows: Must allow more than 15% of light in.
Rear Window: Must allow more than 15% of light in.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 01-09-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Some native floridians can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the general rule for the law is 35%/15%/15%, meaning the front windows must allow 35% light transmittance(colorwise this is gray/smoke), and the rear door windows and rear hatch must allow 15% light to pass (this is nearly black).
If you go to a reputable tinting shop, they will tell you specifically. I remember my tint guy also informing me that since tint film is not always exact with light transmittance, the law has some elbow room, like plus/minus 5% I think.
Also, you can have an "eyebrow" of tint across the top of your windshield, like a sunscreen. I find it great on sunny days when it is difficult to see street lights from glare. Make sure the shop doesn't forget to tint the little triangle windows in the front!
If you do have window tinting done, do some research, price out the local shops, and listen to what people say about them. The shop should have a clean workspace and it should be indoors, i.e. garage with doors that can close. The tiniest bit of dust or particle can cause bubbling in the film later on. also, just because one place might have expensive rates doesn't mean they are great. I got my entire car done for 150, and the service and materials and labor/skill was top notch. make sure the tinter provides a warranty, and ask about the brand of film they use (it should be reputable, and by coincidence the better film manufacturers out there also tend to manufacture storm window films and home tint application films as well - my shop also carried bulletproof glass reinforcement films, to prevent cracks and shatters.)
anyway that's my rant. I think it's a good investment that is both form and function. Save your interior and look good doing it
My car has the darkets Legal FL tint, here is a photo:

Old 01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
I was cruising around town and saw a blue fit with hid, I u-turned and tried to catch up but I couldn't find him. If you're on here say hi

Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
I had one instance where a cop asked me about the tint. he's one of the local officers who lives in my apt. complex. He test the windows and said it was okay. Also, the shop I went to put a validation sticker inside my door for law enforcement to see and check, which states the window tint on this car is in adherence to all florida rights and restrictions, etc. etc. And I have all the paperwork in my glovebox which also validates it.
But, like in Ray's case, we all know well that law enforcement tends to "interpret" the laws for each individual case, sometimes not for the best interest of the citizen... but I digress...
I think that as long as you have validation like that and papers, well I'd hope you wouldn't get bothered or ticketed for it. If you have validation stating you're within the confines of the law, then I'd contest any sort of citation.
Back home (ME) tint shops had to give a validation card, issued by the secretary of state, to all cars with aftermarket tint. If they were questioned by law enforcement, you provide the card, and you're fine. Wish that was similar here.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
I love that I'm contributing to an off topic discussion in my own forum... I think I'm the one that sparked it too... lol... I'm good at tangents. Anyway, I meant to start this sooner.
RSVP!!!!

Add your name to the list, or subtract it if my assumption is wrong...

1. sevenaprils
2. mx6gt89
3. fit_2_fcuk
4. Squirrely
5. bdiehl
and so on...

On a related note, I've gotten word of the location for our March FFC Meet. Here's the details
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/flor...tml#post218521
This is a MicroMachines Meet put on by KamiSpeed of Orlando.
We should plan to meet at a central location, then cruise over to the meet and hopefully have a strong presence of fits among the k-car crowd. let's give the scions/toyotas a run for their money!!!

Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
Some native floridians can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the general rule for the law is 35%/15%/15%, meaning the front windows must allow 35% light transmittance(colorwise this is gray/smoke), and the rear door windows and rear hatch must allow 15% light to pass (this is nearly black).
If you go to a reputable tinting shop, they will tell you specifically. I remember my tint guy also informing me that since tint film is not always exact with light transmittance, the law has some elbow room, like plus/minus 5% I think.
Also, you can have an "eyebrow" of tint across the top of your windshield, like a sunscreen. I find it great on sunny days when it is difficult to see street lights from glare. Make sure the shop doesn't forget to tint the little triangle windows in the front!
If you do have window tinting done, do some research, price out the local shops, and listen to what people say about them. The shop should have a clean workspace and it should be indoors, i.e. garage with doors that can close. The tiniest bit of dust or particle can cause bubbling in the film later on. also, just because one place might have expensive rates doesn't mean they are great. I got my entire car done for 150, and the service and materials and labor/skill was top notch. make sure the tinter provides a warranty, and ask about the brand of film they use (it should be reputable, and by coincidence the better film manufacturers out there also tend to manufacture storm window films and home tint application films as well - my shop also carried bulletproof glass reinforcement films, to prevent cracks and shatters.)
anyway that's my rant. I think it's a good investment that is both form and function. Save your interior and look good doing it
My car has the darkets Legal FL tint, here is a photo:
Wow! That is REALLY dark! I don't think I'd go that dark because it would remind me too much of living in the NW where it's dark and gloomy - something I left for a reason. My son's car is dark like that and I feel like I'm in a cave in his car. However, some tint would be great. Too bad I'm only working one day this week - makes me feel rather poor....

Old 01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I hope i have my mugen front bumper by then.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by fit_2_fcuk
I was cruising around town and saw a blue fit with hid, I u-turned and tried to catch up but I couldn't find him. If you're on here say hi
I don't think you were talking to me about the blue fit were you? I don't live in Orlando. And I'm clueless about "hid" - probably not me.

It's hard to tell from the pictures (reflections) but I think your tint is about what I'd want. It looks good.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:07 PM

Heres 15% tint.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Yep, looks good. Nice looking car. Did you buy it that way? It looks like it's sitting in a car lot.....?

Old 01-09-2008, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Squirrely
I don't think you were talking to me about the blue fit were you? I don't live in Orlando. And I'm clueless about "hid" - probably not me.

It's hard to tell from the pictures (reflections) but I think your tint is about what I'd want. It looks good.

My fit or Hieu's fit?
I think we're actually close to the same. Do you have 15% all around or just the rear doors and hatch Hieu? Depending on the photo and sun and angle and stuff, tint can look alot darker or lighter...
I hope that Mugen bumper is on too. In an ideal world I'd be running 5psi with a kraftwerks logo across my windshield, lol. But I don't think that's going to happen... we'll see.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe we can talk about fun stuff you guys want to do at the beach on the 26th???
...or not. Just throwing that out there...

Old 01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Squirrely
Yep, looks good. Nice looking car. Did you buy it that way? It looks like it's sitting in a car lot.....?
hehe, no i bought the car looking like yours in red and hooked it up a bit. The shot was from a monthly car meet we usually go.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
Do you have 15% all around or just the rear doors and hatch Hieu?.
Yea its 15% all around. I wish i did 5% though.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Goood God!Just googled the address in and its about 2 hours and 45 mins from where I am,dont think ill be making it guys.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
I'm there!! Count me in..probably bring the Wife and kids for some fun in the sun.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Sup! I have a blue fit with HID's and I live in the orlando area. It could of been me, but if it wasn't Whats sup anyways =).

I am going to try to make it to the daytona meet on the 26th. So far i shouldn't have to work that day. It's going to be my first meet. Can't wait to meet other fit freaks

Originally Posted by fit_2_fcuk

Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Well... all of those talkin about tint I was ticketed for my tint. Its 15%.
They tested my driverside rear window in bright sunlight and the meter said "12%." I got a ticket. If my speeding ticket wasnt enough.

Since everyone else is posting pics, Ill do so. My tints not purple either, its the lighting.

Everyones going to have new stuff. Damn, I need to find new rims in 2 weeks then. Eww, you all will see my F-ed fenders.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Bump for my new wheels that I hope are on the car by this meet.

Quick Reply: January FFC Meet! (Sunsplash Park, Daytona Beach, FL)