Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

January FFC Meet! (Sunsplash Park, Daytona Beach, FL)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
January FFC Meet! (Sunsplash Park, Daytona Beach, FL)

Threaded this here from the Florida Community Subforums to get the word out to more people...

EDIT:
Is it just easier for me to just set a date and you all work it out???
Let's set this one, rain or shine, on Saturday January 26th, 2008, starting at 12 noon until whenever (say mid/late afternoon).
(It's homecoming for me personally the weekend prior, so this one works out better)
If the weather is nice bring frisbees, volleyballs, etc. to play on the beach, or your surfboard, etc. if you want too!
Bring food and snacks, or there's plenty of grocery/convenience stores nearby too.

Unless someone informs me soon that there's another meet that will conflict, plan on cruising to Daytona from where ever you all are for a great day in the sun (hopefully!)
Refer below for address to location, I can provide directions for anyone who needs them.

Hey guys and gals!
I'm thinking I'd like to get a fit meet together out here in Daytona. Not that I don't mind the cruise out to Orlando, but I'm sure you guys might like a change of scenery.
I'm thinking Sun Splash Park in Daytona on 1A, near the ender if Int'l Speedway Blvd/US-92.
It's 611 N. Atlantic Ave. Daytona Beach, Fl.
It's just a parking lot with beach access, but it's open and public and if the weather is nice it'll be a great day by the sea.
Also, there's plenty of spots on ISB close by to cruise over to and grab some food, and there's also mini golf, go-karts, etc. nearby, so we can just wing it.
Before I set a date/time, I was curious if anyone knew if there was a Lollicup meet or another meet planned this month, as I don't want to plan it on the same day. I'm thinking Sat. 1/19, Sat 1/26 or Sun 1/27.
So, for all those interested, what date(s) sound good? I figure it's not too far down the road, but not last minute either so work/time off should be doable for most of you.
I'll make up a flyer too for you guys to download or something and spread the word.
What do you guys think???
Time to get the FFC up and runnin!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I got your PM man....

I dont know of the next Lollicup event. I know its going to be at the Florida Mall location and those normally suck. If I hear/see about the next one Ill keep you all posted. If there is one, itll probably be late this month. My guess, the day after this meet. (27th for non counters.)

Id just leave this meet for the 26th. Timing is good unless you just want to push it to beginning of next month to allow people to call for time off?

Old 01-07-2008, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
SOrry to bombard with repeated info
I thought the 26th would be safer, since the lollicups were typically sundays, and I hope that a weekend is slightly easier to plan for for people who work/go to school.
If everyone comes back and replies that saturday is just no good, then i'll bump it to february, so we'll see.
It'll be nice to have a change of scenery, like you said the florida mall location doesn't have much, shall we say, ambience. But you can't go wrong with a sunny(hopefully!) day at the beach, right???

Old 01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
'Sounds like fun, I think we could make it. Saturday's are best for most people probably. Saturdays always get my vote.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Make the date permanent and i will ask off that day. The 26th sounds perfect since I can call off because of my injured leg.

-Hieu

P.S. The last pic of FFC drawing i made, is it the logo we are going to use? If it is then I will make one for myself and see if you guys like it.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
jan. 26th - mark your calendars!

And if everyone seems to be for it, I vote to get some pricing and run that decal Hieu.
It'd be great to get a run of them made in time for the meet to distribute. Hopefully it won't cost too much. I think the more you order the cheaper it becomes, right?

Also, anyone heading out to tommorow night's UCF night meet? I'll be there. Probably will be in orlando earlier in the afternoon/evening so if anyone wants to hang before hand, let me know.

There are only two reasonable excuses for not being at the jan 26th meet: You work a job with a heartless supervisor (lolz) or your fit exploded.
That is all.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 PM
I am trying to get out of work now!!! This should be very cool. Just curious what the age groups are of those that normally go?

Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
typically seems early to mid 20s.
but I'd love to see a bigger age range. everyone demographic uses the fit for one reason or another, even if it's just a point a to b ride for some.
I want to see dropped fits with custom this or that next to bone stock fits or fits with the seats folded to make room for bikes or camping gear, or big roof racks with kayaks or anything in between.
it's just a great way to get together and meet people you may not otherwise.
I hope you get the time off!!! Hope to see you then!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
well its ranging right now from 18 to like 30+(Since the last time I've been to a meet) so, If you're older then Sweet. Everyone is welcome in my book, BUT BUT BUT (You HAVE TO OWN a FIT!!!) J.k

-Hieu

Old 01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Squirrely
'Sounds like fun, I think we could make it. Saturday's are best for most people probably. Saturdays always get my vote.
Great! If you make it out you might be our first tidewater fit!
Of all the meets I've been too I've never seen any color besides silver, blue, red, or white. I know there's some black pearls in the area, local honda dealer just got a blaze orange in stock, hopefully that makes someone happy soon. but have yet to come across a tidewater!!
Wish we got lime green or bright yellow over here in the u.s...
but I digress.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Funny.... I just checked, Jan 27th is the next Lollicup. Its at the "good" location of Semoran in Winterpark. (Semoran and University)
Starts at 3pm.

As of right now, I wont post it. Well use this meet as the monthly meet for January.
Im sure Ill go anyway depending on what others want.
Ill just put it in bold for those who DO want to attend.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 01-07-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Glad that worked out then - thanks for the info.
I'll probably get out to the sunday one too then, but it'll be nice to have an all fit meet the day before too.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Forgot to add the time. Heeh
I figured instead of making a thread it wont leave a lot of pressure for people to pick a meet to go to. If this is our first monthly meet we need to get all the Fits out there.

I have a feeling a thread will be made anyway. I didnt do it!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
hopefully I'll have some new goodies by then...

Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Sumbitch - I just erased my whole post.

The tidewater color is probably not the most popular color for the youngins' who like to 'pimp out' their cars, but it was my second choice. (I felt it more important to be different from my spouse than get my #1 color choice and be a twin). I'll have to hurry up and get it waxed and shiny before the meet. We bought Zaino's car care kit, but it looks pretty complicated to me. What ever happened to rubbing compound and wax?

The word "youngins' probably gave me away. Some of you will get your wish. I/we will stretch the age attendance. We are half a century old (damn it hurts to say that - where's my rum?) I feel 30. Really.

BTW, I'm willing to pay for my decal - no problem. I appreciate the time and effort being spent on it. Looking forward to meeting all of you and getting my decal.
(and taking my Fit on it's first trip!)

Old 01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ive seen tidewater up close once. A lot of my friends think its a girlie color, I honestly like it. Its deff not a younger crowd color though.

I saw my first black berry pearl a few weeks ago. I thought it was black but the purple hint caught my eye as it was parking. I walked up and screamed "BLACK BERRY!?!" The owner; who was pretty cool said "Yupp! Just got it!"
It was at the UCF meet so he was expecting some questions. I didnt just sneek up to him and scream it as he was randomly parking. Well, I kinda did.

Both car very nice colors.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
I think the color (tidewater) has potential with the right mods. Even just a tint can turn just about any color out there into a bit more aggressive styled.
I've yet to see the blackberry I'm anxious to see it sometime. hopefully it'll be out tonight at the UCF meet?
Anyone heading out? I'm hoping to have a couple new fits in tow this evening with me from my side of the state.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 PM
What do you mean by "tint"? Windows? (Ok, I'm dumb here, gotta ask).

Old 01-08-2008, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, window tint. and not dumb! I shouldn't tend to assume everyone knows that when I say tint, it means windows. It could be any number of things. We take for granted things like that... no worries.
But yeah, I think a window tint gives a good "attitude" to any car, and in this climate, it's also very functional, protecting the interior from fading, cracking, etc. and keeping it a little cooler when it's parked. Just my opinion anyway.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I know there are legal limits to the window tinting. Do you know what those numbers are? And how dark is it?

Quick Reply: January FFC Meet! (Sunsplash Park, Daytona Beach, FL)