Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

P2R B-Spec Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PowerRevRacing
The car does not have any suspension in that video. Just stock shocks with Progress Springs. Not good for racing, but that is why we were running the Falken Azenis as well. Should have the Honda Suspension in about 3 months.

Finally got some good tires for the car (Thanks to BFGoodrich & Honda Racing) and going to be racing it on August 20, 2011 in Homestead Miami Speedway with FARA.

nice! my buddy used those on his k24 ITR. great tire. cant wait to see you guys go bat sh!t with the suspension.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
your graphics are horrible, but the car is bad ass, as as stated above the suspention upgrades are going to be freaking crazy and i myself cant wait to see the final product and results, too bad you're clear across the country, i'd love to come out and watch! you and j'crim have sick cars and inspire me to do a little racing of my own in the near future - as stated in the beginning of this thread "manufactures don't wanna support older models" i too am moving on from my CRX track car to start to track my 2010 GE and have several companies interested in slight sponsorships if i really prove i'm going about it in the right way, so this thread is jus fuelling the fire!!!
keep up the great work, i will be watching you - you too j crim!!!

one last thing - do you have a short shifter? and if not why not? (i have noticed that in my crx when tracking it that my shorter throws and circuit hero extention made the shifting out of and into the corners soooo much easier with the knob right next to the wheel, maybe i just suck at shifting otherwise) it will be the next mod i get for the fit as soon as i can find a decent one that doesnt seem to mess with the syncro's - oh and do you run the stock diff?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
your graphics are horrible, but the car is bad ass, as as stated above the suspention upgrades are going to be freaking crazy and i myself cant wait to see the final product and results, too bad you're clear across the country, i'd love to come out and watch! you and j'crim have sick cars and inspire me to do a little racing of my own in the near future - as stated in the beginning of this thread "manufactures don't wanna support older models" i too am moving on from my CRX track car to start to track my 2010 GE and have several companies interested in slight sponsorships if i really prove i'm going about it in the right way, so this thread is jus fuelling the fire!!!
keep up the great work, i will be watching you - you too j crim!!!

one last thing - do you have a short shifter? and if not why not? (i have noticed that in my crx when tracking it that my shorter throws and circuit hero extention made the shifting out of and into the corners soooo much easier with the knob right next to the wheel, maybe i just suck at shifting otherwise) it will be the next mod i get for the fit as soon as i can find a decent one that doesnt seem to mess with the syncro's - oh and do you run the stock diff?
i thought you moved to socal rite?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
i will be watching you - you too j crim!!!

haha

Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
creeper... lolz, jkjkjkjjkjk!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
i thought you moved to socal rite?
i moved to SIMI VALLEY, but couldn't find a decent job, so after five months of depleteing my savings to survive there i move back to utah. the week after i got back the Honda dealership i had worked at for 15 years had an opening - so i slid right in - had a good time there and still have a lease on a house that a buddy is living in so i visit offten

Originally Posted by JCrimson

haha
you're car is sick, makes me wish i hadn't sold the GD, but i will start the transformation of the GE soon enough

Old 10-17-2011, 07:40 PM
B Spec itself is not a race series, its actually a race class that will be incorporated into different race series. So safety equipment is actually based on which series you are trying to race the car in. About the suspension, If you plan to race and receive the Honda contingency pay outs, you will need to run the Honda Racing Suspension which will shortly be released. They are actually going to offer a complete race package. I will post up some more details on our car later today.
Any updates on this?

Old 11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
No major updates to report lately.
Here is a video driving the car on the dyno testing something.
DriveThroughGears - YouTube

VIdeo does not really serve much of a purpose besides sound clip i guess. lol . But we will give you guys some good updates in the near future.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
No major updates to report lately.
Here is a video driving the car on the dyno testing something.
DriveThroughGears - YouTube

VIdeo does not really serve much of a purpose besides sound clip i guess. lol . But we will give you guys some good updates in the near future.

not gonna lie, it sounds mean as hell. wow

Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 PM
so I'm curious.....how much does the conversion cost? after cost, parts package, fire suppression system, wheels, tires.....all that. I have a Fit now, and I'm going into the USAF next year...so, I'm thinking after I get back, I'm going to get a new car and turn my Fit into a b-spec car. or would I be financially be better off running my Fit into the ground as a DD, and buying an already B-spec'd out Fit? this class is supposed to be affordable...so, I'm just curious...

Old 11-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by hachikid
so I'm curious.....how much does the conversion cost? after cost, parts package, fire suppression system, wheels, tires.....all that. I have a Fit now, and I'm going into the USAF next year...so, I'm thinking after I get back, I'm going to get a new car and turn my Fit into a b-spec car. or would I be financially be better off running my Fit into the ground as a DD, and buying an already B-spec'd out Fit? this class is supposed to be affordable...so, I'm just curious...
From taking a 2009-2013 Fit, it costs about $8-15k to convert it into a B-Spec race car. Now as for racing it, that's completely different.

You will need to begin with track days for 1-5 years, be good at it, get a racing license, do that for a little while at the amateur level, then apply for an SCCA Pro license. The you'll spend $20-30k in the World Challenge series just to compete.

So in short, you may want to just DD it for a while