Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

tpms light on, can't turn off VSA = normal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
tpms light on, can't turn off VSA = normal?

i was planning on tracking my fit in two weeks, but with my aftermarket wheels, i decided not to install tpms sensors and now i cant turn off the VSA. there is no way to track this thing with the VSA on because if falls on it's face in to and out of corners (VSA is the greatest thing in the snow and slick roads) last year a friend tracked my fit and reported no issues but that because she was able to turn it off (stock wheels w/tpms sensors installed) this year i was gonna park the CRX and track the fit, but i can't get the VSA to turn off - is this normal? are the (lack of) sensors telling the ECU to not allow the car to be driven in that mode?
ANYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM!!!???
i was even thinking of running the kosei k1's w/ azenis off the CRX BUT
I might just throw the stocks on and take it out if i can't find a solution, but imma look for an answer at work and talk to a couple tech's - ijust thought i'd look here first

Old 08-05-2011, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
That sucks, sorry I can't lend any support because thankfully the Japan model doesn't come with dummy sensors. :P No I am not calling you or anyone else a dummy, but Big Brother I am for implementing all the nonsense required of cars today.

Even if you put your stocks back on, won't the TPMS light stay on till it is reset? Maybe you can trick the system with some jumpers just like the SRS system.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
That sucks, sorry I can't lend any support because thankfully the Japan model doesn't come with dummy sensors. :P No I am not calling you or anyone else a dummy, but Big Brother I am for implementing all the nonsense required of cars today.

Even if you put your stocks back on, won't the TPMS light stay on till it is reset? Maybe you can trick the system with some jumpers just like the SRS system.
THE SENSORS are a little silly to me too, but i understand the advantage to them, i am giong to look into the below solution
thanks for the reply

Originally Posted by jibberjabbs
Unfortunately that is the way Honda designed them (GE8s with VSA). You cannot override VSA when the TPMS sensors are not present. I have found a temporary solution that can give control of VSA without having TPMS sensors installed, but it requires a HDS system and TPMS trigger device. Here is the trick. If you relearn the TPMS sensors and then take them away from the viehical before you drive it. The car sits in a waiting mode that allows you to use the VSA override button. But the TPMS light will constantly blink. I bought a HDS for about $150 from DHgate.com it is the same as what the dealers use!
thanks for the reply, good thing i work for a dealer then huh! i do have a couple questions though
1: so i need my stock wheels close enough to my car to relearn the tpms portion of the computer correct? and then take the wheels far away so it goes into limbo? thus flashing the light - correct
2: then if i turn the car off, do i need to do it all over again?
if i do have to start over each time then that's not gonna work cause the dealership is 30 miles from the track and i can get new sensors for less than 150 and a 12pack of "spirits" for install
3: can i unplug something or will the system go into a "limp mode" and not let me drive accordingly?

imma figure this out - i promise

thanks guys!!
anyone else??????

Old 08-27-2011, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
Shouldn't one be able to just pull the ABS system fuse so it can't sense or do anything? This was my grandfathers solution on his RAV-4 where there was no way to disable the traction control.

EDIT: Because it kills the power steering as well.

Last edited by x_25; 08-27-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
After some pokeing arround through the wireing diagreams and such you can pull fuse #22 to turn off the VSA, ABS, and power stearing or disconect the VSA modual (folow the break ines, its the abs controler as well) which will disable the abs amd vsa but leave the power stearing on.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
Pardon newbie here.. but where is this fuse? I guess this could be an easy solution for those who want winter rims and not use TPMS? If you get stuck and needed to turn off the VSA you can just yank the fuse until you are clear and then put it back in?

Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beezle
Pardon newbie here.. but where is this fuse? I guess this could be an easy solution for those who want winter rims and not use TPMS? If you get stuck and needed to turn off the VSA you can just yank the fuse until you are clear and then put it back in?
Yeah, that can be done. I think it's fuse 11 in the interior fuse box. Look in the owners manual for position and access information.