Honda Jazz i-shift

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Smile Honda Jazz i-shift

Hello to all the european members. Is there anyone who has the new Honda Jazz with the i-shift gearbox?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi there, I recently test drove a new i-SHIFT Jazz. Quite liked some of the improvements to the new model but was less impressed with its 'automated manual gearbox'. It's very jerky in auto mode and is difficult to get smooth gear changes in manual mode without care. Even Honda's showroom staff recommended using manual mode and easing off the gas pedal when changing up or down! There's been quite a lot of negative press about this i-SHIFT system on the internet - even the UK-built Honda Civics with this system have now reverted to a conventional auto box!
For this reason I replaced my 4 year-old Honda Jazz 1.4 i-DSE SE CVT a few weeks ago with a brand new identical model (one of the very last old shape models to be UK-registered). I have been very happy with the CVT auto box which has performed faultlessly and economically for over 50,000 miles so I thought it safe to stick with it.
Other deciding factors in choosing another 'old style' model was that it comes with a spare wheel, fits in my garage and doesn't have a silly 'clutch footrest' which puts your left leg at a strange angle thus preventing you from properly resting your left leg! Why have a footrest in the auto version where you don't use your left leg? However, best reason of all was that the old model was being sold with a £1,000 discount!
Hope my comments are of use.