Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Basket of Snakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 09:31 PM
Basket of Snakes

Hi all, new here with some really odd mechanical problems. My 2007 Fit has been running great since I got it new. Last night was the first time I've run into a problem. I went to start it up and instead of catching on the first crank like usual, it took forever to get going. I sat there for two minutes intermittently cranking it before it finally gasped to life. It ran rough for the first fifteen seconds then smoothed out. I thought maybe it was bad gas or maybe water in the gas since winter has been sort of crazy this year and had some ideas about replacing the fuel filter. Today I had the same problem, except now when I drive it for more than five minutes, the hot engine light comes on. It isn't using any coolant, the exhaust smells fine and it the engine itself doesn't seem to be any hotter than usual. I've had a look through the threads and couldn't see anything like the problems I'm having. Any advice would be great.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:29 AM
Hey, sorry anyone didn't have an answer for you but just wondering-----what did you find out about your problem??

Old 05-11-2019, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by JerryHughes
Hey, sorry anyone didn't have an answer for you but just wondering-----what did you find out about your problem??
It ended up being an engine temperature sensor that adjusted the fuel mixture.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by SmartDalek
Thanks for that info. Glad you got it resolved. Code thrown?

Old 12-07-2023, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by SmartDalek
Was it ECT1 (the engine coolant temperature sensor located on the engine)? I'm having same issue where my car was showing overheating a few minutes after driving. I replaced the ECT2 sensor located on the radiator, but still having the problem and now my car won't turn over either.