Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

removing wing mirror?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 AM
removing wing mirror?!

Has anyone ever done this, i need to remove the part that attaches the mittor to the door, as it needs respraying - reckon it was never painted correctly when i picked it up from the garage, but they are having none of it, but anywho to cut a long story shrt the paint is peeling off and i wish to re spray it

So has anyone every removed it before, or know if a) its possible and b) is tricky!!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:06 AM
fab thank you

Old 05-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by claymore
Go to this page and look through the photos click on the replace mirror and it outlines what you need to do. Click on the little grey squares for photos.

Navigation

Pictures won't show up for me I click the grey squares and nothing happens. I really need these instructions too as my mirror is gone (thanks to some construction debris!) and I need to replace it asap.

EDIT - Ahhh-- Just broken in Firefox - thanks to IE Tab plugin in firefox i have my images. I assume these isntructions work for US Fit? (or close enough?)

Last edited by trowpa; 05-08-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Got the pictures working!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
I want to know how to remove the actual mirror itself.

I've got some blue tinting film which is like a hydro foil. Basically it beads the water up on the mirror as I don't have heated mirrors.

I've tried yanking at it but the mirror won't budge, any ideas?

Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I finally got around to sorting the mirror - needed to re paint it as it was all flaking off

Few tips. The door trim is the most tricky part - once you remove that it gets easier!!

Discovered you have to remove the wiring harness with the mirror - luckily a piece of string tied to the end means you can get it back around and through the door panel easily.

Dont know if it happens to everyone but my electric window on the drivers side didnt work after i plugged it back in, several presses up and down on the switch and hey presto, maybe its one of those weird things you have to do several times to make it work?!