Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Foglights on and off question

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Foglights on and off question

Hello i bought my fit Sport when it was initially lauched last April 2006 but I got mine May of the same year.. my question is about the fog lights that came with the sport model. I just recently noticed that when i switch on the fog lights it wont light up unless you turn the headlights on. Is this how it really should be? IMO you should have the option to turn the fog lights on without having the headliight on at the same time. Has anyone encountered the same problem as i did.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
that's the way it is... there are some posts under "fit lighting" that show how to modify this with some re-wiring... i think its called "independent fog light problem solved".. or something like that.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned
In several states, incl. CA, it is technically illegal to drive with only fog lights on, also with only parking lights. Headlights must be on for fogs to be legal. Honda was probably following legalities from these states in setting the Fit controls this way.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Strange, my FIT came that way from the factory, separate controls.

There's also 2 levels to the fog lights (a green fog light icon in the gauge cluster, and a yellow one) that can select between the two. I haven't noticed any difference, however.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Just figured it out (got some help translating that portion of the Chinese owner's manual).... seems there are front AND rear fog lights on the fit. Turning on my fog lights turns on the fronts, turning the switch one more position turns on the front and rear fog lights. Just tested it again, and I don't need the headlights on to turn on the fog lights.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kbyres
Just figured it out (got some help translating that portion of the Chinese owner's manual).... seems there are front AND rear fog lights on the fit. Turning on my fog lights turns on the fronts, turning the switch one more position turns on the front and rear fog lights. Just tested it again, and I don't need the headlights on to turn on the fog lights.
how is that possible if u have a USDM honda fit? can u plz take pix cuz im having a real hard time believing it.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Sounds like a EDM option. I know the smart car in Europe had a rear fog light on one of the taillights. Not an option in NA as it is not necessary. Something tells me this is not a USDM Fit...(Chinese manual, 2 fog light options, etc.)

Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
It's a Chinese made FIT. Guangzhou, China, to be exact. I love it. I've been thinking about having friends in the US ship me an English owner's and service manual. I've also seen a TON of posts on this Forum about the paint chipping and peeling issues. Several people have also mentioned this might be due to the Japan made cars using more eco-friendly paint. Guess I wouldn't have that problem here!!