Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Depo tail lights grrrrrr - wiring help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Depo tail lights grrrrrr - wiring help please

I am in the middle of trying to install my depo smoked tails on my 08 Fit. After screwing in the 2 bulbs on each side, the Fit has 2 harnesses that need to plug in to the fixture but only 1 harness is on the tail light and neither stock plug mates up to the lamp. Any clues?

TIA

Old 04-02-2008, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
what? that makes no sense. This is what u do:

The bulb socket with the amber bulb in it, that goes in the top hole of the taillight. All the tabs line up perfectly, no modification required.
The bulb socket with the clear bulb in it, that goes at the bottom. Only 2 of the tabs will fit in the taillights so the bulb might sit a lil crooked (don't worry about the rain it won't get there cuz of the gasket) or u can cut the tabs in the taillight plastic so it fits properly. I just aligned up 2 of em and it held on super tight.

the bulb socket with the tiny 194 bulb in there, that is not used. Pull the bulb out and let the wire hang around.

the wiring harness with the 3 wires coming out the back (the only one with 3 wires) is the one that goes to the LED board. It does fit in there perfectly fine, no mods necessary.

btw do the mod so they fit perfectly with the body.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-fix-here.html

Old 04-02-2008, 07:53 PM
LOL - 2 things I should mention
  • I have an MBA but still can't plug in 3 plugs that are color coded
  • You are a wise man
Thanks a lot for your help, you solved my issues

Old 04-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
what? that makes no sense. This is what u do:

The bulb socket with the amber bulb in it, that goes in the top hole of the taillight. All the tabs line up perfectly, no modification required.
The bulb socket with the clear bulb in it, that goes at the bottom. Only 2 of the tabs will fit in the taillights so the bulb might sit a lil crooked (don't worry about the rain it won't get there cuz of the gasket) or u can cut the tabs in the taillight plastic so it fits properly. I just aligned up 2 of em and it held on super tight.

the bulb socket with the tiny 194 bulb in there, that is not used. Pull the bulb out and let the wire hang around.

the wiring harness with the 3 wires coming out the back (the only one with 3 wires) is the one that goes to the LED board. It does fit in there perfectly fine, no mods necessary.

btw do the mod so they fit perfectly with the body.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...-fix-here.html
Kevin
I just got my 08 fit this week and would love a set of LED tails. Which are the best for fitment. I see the DEPO needs to modify the reverse socket.

Are there any good sets out there that are simple without 100% no moding anything. I had a Scion and got led tails for that and they were 100% plug and play no water fogging at all, but I got some projectors and they where full of water in one day.

So, here the point. I hate hassels so if someone can help me I would apreicate it
thanks
Tif

Old 04-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tiffany
Kevin
I just got my 08 fit this week and would love a set of LED tails. Which are the best for fitment. I see the DEPO needs to modify the reverse socket.

Are there any good sets out there that are simple without 100% no moding anything. I had a Scion and got led tails for that and they were 100% plug and play no water fogging at all, but I got some projectors and they where full of water in one day.

So, here the point. I hate hassels so if someone can help me I would apreicate it
thanks
Tif
If you want 100% plug and play then you want these:

OR

Old 04-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com

OR

thanks hows the fit and qualtiy. I have a silver fit which one would look best. do the bulb screw in OK with cutting.

thanks
Tif

Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM

OR

who makes these?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tiffany
thanks hows the fit and qualtiy. I have a silver fit which one would look best. do the bulb screw in OK with cutting.

thanks
Tif
Fit is probably similar to the depot lights as they are aftermarket. You dont have to cut anything to put the bulbs in, they are the same as your lights now.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Fit is probably similar to the depot lights as they are aftermarket. You dont have to cut anything to put the bulbs in, they are the same as your lights now.
these are about 170.00 and the depo on ebay are about 80.00

why such a price diff.. I don't mind paying for the best too.
t