Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

How to remove your grille without removing the bumper (GD3)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
How to remove your grille without removing the bumper (GD3)

I was planning on taking my emblems off and painting them. I didnt really want to take the whole front bumper off, upon investigation I found a way to remove the front grille without removing the whole bumper.

Tools needed: Flat head and Phillips head

1)When you pop open the hood you will find four black pins that hold the top part of the bumper on. These you are going to want to remove with your flat head. *shown in the pic (sorry for the dark pic)

2)After you have removed these clips you will be able to pry the top part of the bumper forward.

3)When you have come to this point, take a look at where the grille attaches to the bumper and you will notice that there are two phillips head screws that hold the grille in place. There are also a few tabs that you have to push in to remove the grille.

*Grille with the phillips head screw removed, you can also see the slots for some the tabs.

Another pic that shows the tabs that are on the grille.

I hope this helps a lot of people that would like to remove their emblems without damaging them. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

*I am not responsible for any damage done to your vehicle or yourself while performing this procedure.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:50 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
huh... i have been done that a few times but never thought to write it up... good job.