Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

anyone installed Mugen Visor

Old 07-07-2006, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sillypuddy
my mechanic did the whole install by himself, but then he installed like 5 sets of honda access / mugen ones already :-)

-joe
Your mechanic is more skilled than me.

Some things I'll have a mechanic do like change my brakes. But for the visors, I was impatient and figured I could do it myself.

Old 07-09-2006, 01:27 PM
where can u get genuine mugen ones from? also dont they have a badge on them or something?

Old 07-09-2006, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
I think AJ-Racing.com had them. I'm sure at least one of the vendors here on this board carries them.

The genuine Mugen ones, have the word Mugen on them and they use clips too.

The Mugen should be located here as shown in the white circle.

Last edited by t-bone; 07-09-2006 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:52 PM
A-J racing still sell MUGEN ones? different to honda OEM?

Old 07-09-2006, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by st3alth
A-J racing still sell MUGEN ones? different to honda OEM?
I don't know if AJ Racing still sells them. You should e-mail their website.

The Mugen ones are definitely different than the Honda OEM ones. The Mugen ones are designed to direct airflow into your car when the window is slightly open.

You can see how the Honda OEM ones look here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6717

And here are my Mugen ones:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6855

Old 07-09-2006, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by t-bone
On my way to work today I drove with the air switched to OFF, vent switched to outside air, front windows down to the recommended level to allow air flow, and the rear windows closed.

I noticed a good amount of air coming in through my vents. Then I opened both rear windows just a crack and noticed the air flow from the vents decrease.

I think it's because of the design of the Mugen visors already optimize airflow for just the front windows to be slightly open. You don't need to crack open the rear windows to get more airflow. The fit also allows air to flow out the rear hatch too so this may assist in good airflow already. Opening the rear windows a crack may disrupt the laminar flow I think.
Interesting. Either way, I can live with it. I actually saw what I think is a Storm Silver Jazz (I don't know what they call the colors here, but there are silver ones and gray ones. I am assuming the more gray ones are the same as the Storm Silver in the U.S. - I would like to confirm that and get a set of door guards) on the expressway yesterday with the mugen visors. It looked really nice.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
AJ still selling the Visor, just call them and they will hook you up. I got mine at AJ and it was installed it at last Thur.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
wow, thats about $80us cheaper than i was quoted by a vendor here

Old 08-24-2006, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by t-bone
Here are some pictures I took. I'll post up the partially translated instructions later tomorrow.

The box of clips with the pins to hold the clip onto the visor.

One clip attached to the visor.

Masking tape applied onto the back of the adhesive strips. This helps in the removal of the tape.

The packet of a towelette soaked in toluene. This helps promote the adhesion of the tape onto the surface you wipe with the toluene after you clean the area with isopropyl alcohol.

Here are two pictures of the window lining pulled down to expose the sill to enable you to push the clips onto the window sill.

Once you position the visor on then you need to push the window lining back into place. This will help hold the visor in place before you remove the tape and allow you to maintain the position of the visor on the door.

It was noted in the instructions that you wanted the visor 2mm below the top edge of the door. The instructions that I'll scan later show this.

And here are some pictures of the final look. I need to tint my windows still.

Thank you!

Old 09-07-2006, 01:09 PM
T-bone, or anyone who has the visor, how's the wind noise in highway speed? I'm thinking of getting it as well, but worry about the wind noise. Thanks.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Mugen Visor

this is a geat product EXCEPT
1. the visors can be only positioned one time ...
2. the push-clips WILL come apart & can be made to work woth a little finesse ... may have to be taken apaprt to work
3. it is a better product than other products and may be better than the Zetaprocuct DOOR SIlls: can be a problem putting on and keeping on!!
The door sills go on but do not stay on.. which means that you may have to find another way to apply the product: do not buy!!
Mia culpa... the door sills do stay on when re-applied; the rubber does come off after a while (the rubber around the outside of the sills that is...) and the result is a little sharp but who is going to get cut? Remember about the Mugen visors: measure twice and apply once!

Last edited by docjim2; 03-07-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Originally Posted by docjim2
this is a geat product EXCEPT
1. the visors can be only positioned one time ...
2. the push-clips WILL come apart & can be made to work woth a little finesse ... may have to be taken apaprt to work
3. it is a better product than other products and may be better than the Zetaprocuct DOOR SIlls: can be a problem putting on and keeping on!!
The door sills go on but do not stay on.. which means that you may have to find another way to apply the product: do not buy!!
have you used other "repositionable" visors that stick in the window seals?

if you have, then you won't be complaining about the "positioned one time" mugen ones

the ones that force into the window seals will expand the seal, and eventually you will either have ones that keep falling down, or get a lot of wind noise

-joe

Old 09-21-2006, 11:07 AM
News Alert!
I called Angelo @ Zetaproducts and we discussed the door sills. Zeta is really great with their help. They told me to return the sill that comes off after sticking it on: no problem. Very helpful and pleasant to talk to. Not like some of these other companies that could care less about the customer.
Many thanks to Zetaproducts for their help.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Wind noise is down 'silly' and the rain does not get in. We found that taking the plastic pins apart and positioning the bottom one where is needs to be and putting the post in last really helps.
The Mugen visors really make this 'little car' stand out. A guy in a MG pulled up beside me and asked what kind of car the Fit is and thought it was an awsome car!
Now all I need is a nice muffler and that cool Mugen wing! The dual exhaust would be great if I were a millionaire!!

Old 10-10-2006, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
have you used other "repositionable" visors that stick in the window seals?

if you have, then you won't be complaining about the "positioned one time" mugen ones

the ones that force into the window seals will expand the seal, and eventually you will either have ones that keep falling down, or get a lot of wind noise

-joe
I had "in-channel" visors on my Tundra...looked a lot better than the "stick-em-2-the-door" style visors....
Just a cleaner look in my opinion...
Um how many years would it take for the 3mm or less plastic to expand the seal...10years?
I don't like the stick on ones becasue they tend to loose stickiness after about 3 years....
But the Mugen ones sound pretty good..i'd need to see them in person first of course.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by docjim2
News Alert!
I called Angelo @ Zetaproducts and we discussed the door sills. Zeta is really great with their help. They told me to return the sill that comes off after sticking it on: no problem. Very helpful and pleasant to talk to. Not like some of these other companies that could care less about the customer.
Many thanks to Zetaproducts for their help.
The product does not stick at first. I think that the door sills adhesion above the lip does not stick properly since it is not thick enough above the lip of the sill. If it was thicker above the lip it would not pull down on the lower sill thus causing the lower sill to un-adhese. Solved this problem by buying 3M molding strips approx 3/8in and re applying them to the old strips especially to the upper ones above the lip. 3 out of 4 came off: wiped off the sill with isopropyl alcohol and stuck the double sided molding strips and re-applied. So far works fine!

Old 10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by GoFits
I had "in-channel" visors on my Tundra...looked a lot better than the "stick-em-2-the-door" style visors....
Just a cleaner look in my opinion...
Um how many years would it take for the 3mm or less plastic to expand the seal...10years?
I don't like the stick on ones becasue they tend to loose stickiness after about 3 years....
But the Mugen ones sound pretty good..i'd need to see them in person first of course.
my mechanic has seen the seal go loose in less than 3 years. btw.. it's not 3mm.. go back and look at the Weathertech ones, they are at least 5 or 6mm

he has yet to see anything stuck on with 3m tape to come off

-joe

Old 10-12-2006, 08:46 AM
my mechanic has seen the seal go loose in less than 3 years. btw.. it's not 3mm.. go back and look at the Weathertech ones, they are at least 5 or 6mm

he has yet to see anything stuck on with 3m tape to come off

-joe
and that is my point... I don't think that the product does not use 3M tape at all... but that does NOT take away from the product itself: I have gotten great comments about the sills from other people. For the money I didn't want one to fall off and get lost.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:35 AM
i thought you were referring to the mugen ones, which do use 3M tape

-joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone installed Mugen Visor