Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Reprogram keyless entry Honda Jazz 2007

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Reprogram keyless entry Honda Jazz 2007

I bought an '07 Honda Jazz (Philippines) and it came with a non-stock keyless entry (Eclipse brand). I have been trying to reprogram it in vain. The instructions that I found on the net (lock/unlock method) does not seem to work. I am worried someone might steal the car because it only came with one keyless fob and would like to reprogram it.

Are reprogramming instructions all the the same for all '07 Honda Jazz regardless if the keyless entry is stock or replaced?

Help anyone?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
I doubt that they are the same. You need to find the instructions for that particular brand. I did a search for Eclipse on the Internet to see if I could find any instructions. Unfortunately I kept finding Mitsubishi Eclipse instead of what I wanted.

Good Luck

A side note: I spent a brief amount of military time on Luzon during the Viet Nam war. Later I spent some time again in Manila doing work for an oil company.

Nice country. Nice people. I enjoyed both stays there.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Originally Posted by n9cv
I doubt that they are the same. You need to find the instructions for that particular brand. I did a search for Eclipse on the Internet to see if I could find any instructions. Unfortunately I kept finding Mitsubishi Eclipse instead of what I wanted.

Good Luck

A side note: I spent a brief amount of military time on Luzon during the Viet Nam war. Later I spent some time again in Manila doing work for an oil company.

Nice country. Nice people. I enjoyed both stays there.
Ahh so that explains why it wouldn't work. So it actually depends on the keyless entry manufacturer and not the car. Makes sense.

Yeah I had an extremely difficult time because I kept getting Mitsubishi Eclipse as well. Guess I'll just have to find a shop that sells one and ask.

When was the last time you were here? Hit me up if you ever wanna chat or something