Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

How to install 2014 Fit daytime running light?--DIY

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 10:13 PM
How to install 2014 Fit daytime running light?--DIY

Well, I got this new Fit of low version without fog lamp a month ago, really love the space and the very few power consumption.

Now I am thinking about installing a daytime running light to make it more shining in day time driving. I found a picture at one website(as following show) that have the DRL installed, it looks beautiful. I called the dealer asking how much is it but they are quoting so much so I buy one to install myself or ask one technical staff to help me installed it.
Is there anyone know how to install a DRL? Just want to know which cable is which cable. The seller do not give much infomation about how to install it.
OEM daytime running light led day light for 2014 new honda Fit/Jazz

Old 09-19-2014, 12:27 AM
It looks like you just have to connect the red wire to some power, the black wire to a ground/metal point on your car, and the other (illumination) wire to some other power source. If the seller will not help you, try looking elsewhere for someone more helpful.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
ACC means accessory power, as in, any line that gets power once you put the the car in "ON I" (used to be turn the key to ON I, but with push button start, it doesn't quite apply).

The white, ILLUM+ is most likely a wire related to the side marker/corner lamps (aka "Parking lights" even though they're usually only on when driving).

With this type of wiring, they come ON as soon as you flip the lights to the first position (turning on the corner/side lights). But unlike the regular lights, if the car is OFF, the lights go OFF too (regular lights can stay ON even after keys are removed in GEs, might be similar in GK).

Hum... it doesn't make sense to have the illum wire, unless it's used as a "reverse" control... meaning, if the controls on the steering column is set to OFF, then the LEDs are ON, then, when you flip the lights ON, the LEDs go OFF. Basically, there's a "relay" that breaks the circuit when energized, and completes it when not. Though, the ACC wire still means its OFF when the car is OFF.

Old 09-19-2014, 04:38 AM
Thank you for the explaination.
I just talk with the seller, he said the controling logic for this DRLs is when the ACC on--means the key is put in "ON I", the DRLs will be on, and when the car is off, the light will be stay on for around 20 secs.
The ILL is to "dim" the DRL, when the headlight or fog lamp on, the DRL will be dimmer(half light), but forget about the fog lihgt, because my Fit do not have a fog lamp. It is low version.
What I need to do is to find the cables which one is which in the car so to connect it to the DRL,the seller do not have the picture instructions for me, and I am worried that I need to make hole on the bumper to install this light, but it looks like not necessary seems it is oem design...not the universal drls