Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Help needed: HVAC Fan control switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Help needed: HVAC Fan control switch

In an attempt to do a bit of stereo work, I think I may have broken my fan switch. I followed a video that showed how to access the radio and I unplugged both the wiring and cables before pulling the center portion and radio loose. However when I did the metal clip shown in the picture came out and now the other part of the switch is separated. I can't see where I broke anything but I also cannot tell how it should go back together or if there is another piece that came off as well. Has anyone been down this road? I tried several searches but did not see what I was looking for. I started to take the screws out to separate the controls from the rest of the dash but I did not want to cause any further issues. Any guidance is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Help needed: HVAC Fan control switch-fit-switch.jpg  
Old 01-17-2016, 07:51 PM
I investigated further and found how the metal piece goes in behind the switch. I attempted to put the switch back together but apparently I broke the top of the plastic housing where the switch would normally snap in I assume. Has anyone done this replacement? I'm not sure what all parts I may have to buy. Looks like a huge pain to get apart.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
I ran into this problem before when I was changing headunit, forgot to unplug hardness for the fan control. Just change the switch and you good to go.

Part # 79570-SAA-003

Old 01-18-2016, 04:12 PM
Yes, when I started looking for parts I realized that the switch was a separate unit. I tried YouTube and this site but can't seem to find a video or write up. I don't want to take apart anymore than I have to and risk breaking something else. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Finally got this done. Had to remove the radio and the plastic that holds in all of the switches. Then the center switch can be slid out after releasing a tab at the top.