Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Change....is good....

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:02 AM
5 Year Member
Change....is good....

Okay, so I go out to my Fit after work, and some Condor or Thunderbird with diarrhea has dropped a mega-ton crap bomb on my Fit.

I had just cleaned it, so outside of the Bird defecation, it was very clean. So anyway, I think the best way to remove the offense, is to simply use one of those coin operated, high pressure washer spray wash places.

I want to remove it ASAP. Because if you leave it on...it can do bad things to your finish.

So anyway, I pull into one, that is nearby. One I have used in the past. Only to discover it no longer takes change...coins...but is ONLY pay by credit card.

I really don't want to swipe my credit card. Sorry. I just don't feel comfortable doing so, for a cheap purchase of Spray Wash time.

So I drive to another one, get parked, get out, SAME THING. It's been changed to a credit card ONLY pay system.

When did this happen?

I finally ended up paying cash, at a full fledged drive through car wash. Which was really overkill.

But evidently owners of these spray car wash's don't think Change is good.

Old 02-17-2018, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the march towards a cashless society.

Which is convenient, for sure, but like you, I'd be hesitant to trust a card swiper at a car wash. So many reports of skimmers out there. Having the option to pay with a card is fine, but keep the cash option too.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
I have a small spray bottle of windshield washer fluid in the car. I use it mainly to wash off the rear view camera after it's rained, but I have sprayed it on bird poop as well.

I'm pretty much cashless. I keep a 20 in my wallet, but it's been there for several months at this point. I pay with a credit card for everything I can so I can get the reward points, then just pay it off at the end of the month. I've flown several times and have stayed in countless hotels free by using points. The statement also allows me to easily have an accounting of my spending habits.

As far as skimmers, bring it on. Credit cards have fraud protection built in. Your never really liable for more than $50, and even then typically the card company waives this too. Just remember even the big name stores like Home Depot and Target have had their credit card info hacked as well. That being said, I never use my debit card as that's linked directly to my bank.

Old 02-17-2018, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I have a small spray bottle of windshield washer fluid in the car. I use it mainly to wash off the rear view camera after it's rained, but I have sprayed it on bird poop as well.

I'm pretty much cashless. I keep a 20 in my wallet, but it's been there for several months at this point. I pay with a credit card for everything I can so I can get the reward points, then just pay it off at the end of the month. I've flown several times and have stayed in countless hotels free by using points. The statement also allows me to easily have an accounting of my spending habits.

As far as skimmers, bring it on. Credit cards have fraud protection built in. Your never really liable for more than $50, and even then typically the card company waives this too. Just remember even the big name stores like Home Depot and Target have had their credit card info hacked as well. That being said, I never use my debit card as that's linked directly to my bank.
That's a good idea.
And I've done that myself in the past.
Keeping a small spray bottle of water, even some instant wax spray, and a micro-fiber towel or two.

But in this case?
Rodan bombed the Pagoda.
This was of a volume I really didn't want to get too personal with. And a spray bottle and a micro-fiber towel wasn't going to cut it.

But I agree, keeping a few tools to deal with "normal" situations like this, is a great idea.