Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Greddy Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
well so far I've had no problems at all with over heating, but then again I dont live in AZ.
haha yea 115 today... It should be fine though, im plan on getting greddy or kraftwerks? havent made my mind up yet

Old 07-02-2008, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
what happen if you have the exhaust for it would it cause problems...
NOT AT ALL, asuming ur tuning is done with the exhaust on the car. Running an exhaust will just incrase ur gains.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
haha yea 115 today... It should be fine though, im plan on getting greddy or kraftwerks? havent made my mind up yet
dude, this whole time I thought you lived in Glendale Ca! WTF!? LOL... I never paid attention to the "AZ"

... Anywho, both are well developed kits. By choosing either of the two, you'll still come out a winner.

Forced induction: DO IT!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
seems everybody is opting for the greddy or kraftwerks, ive got the hks on my ride tuned by hks in japan before i got the car. i currently got 133whp on 5.8, plan to do some more minor mods like relocation of filter and injectors to see where that puts me, oh and i may bump the boost up a bit!!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
yeah it is damn hot here... i was talking to my buddy who works in r&d for a major car company (as well as being a gearhead)... hes been trying to push me turbo for a while. his reasoning is that your only getting 30+ hp to the wheels with either kit BUT the turbo slams it on at once versus spreading it across the band.

now that i am leaning towards turbo he brings up the fact that turbos get mad hot and az is mad hot; apparently hot plus hot is not so good hahaha his question was how are the oil lines etc is managed with this kit. btw are the fogs saved on this kit or the hks or both.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gloryhound
yeah it is damn hot here... i was talking to my buddy who works in r&d for a major car company (as well as being a gearhead)... hes been trying to push me turbo for a while. his reasoning is that your only getting 30+ hp to the wheels with either kit BUT the turbo slams it on at once versus spreading it across the band.

now that i am leaning towards turbo he brings up the fact that turbos get mad hot and az is mad hot; apparently hot plus hot is not so good hahaha his question was how are the oil lines etc is managed with this kit. btw are the fogs saved on this kit or the hks or both.
The oil line is taped to the main oil switch. It is a turbo, so it does run hotter then normal, but it won't be anything out of the ordinary. I spoke to GReddy and they said hot temps in AZ should be fine. In terms of cooling, this turbo isn't meant for LONG ENDURANCE racing. If you're planning on going that route, you'll need to look into oil coolers, bigger radiators, etc. If you're just planning on bringing your Fit to track days, canyon runs, or just want a little more HP/Torque you should be fine with how the kit comes out of the box. Hope this helps.

and yes. This kit, and ONLY this kit, retains the stock fog lights.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
can this kit get me 200+ whp? is it tune friendly?

Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 1WayFit
Specs and price of the GReddy kit?
- Cast mainfold and E-manage tuned for stock exhaust.
- 122whp @ 4.5psi.
- will be submitted for Carb exemption.
I'd expect maybe another +25whp with 8psi. Another +10whp with a freer flowing exhaust, maybe +10whp with a cat-delete.

So that'd be about 170whp @ 8psi? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Assuming 12% power loss through the transmission, then 170whp = 193bhp.

Easiest way to get 200+hp (either bhp or whp) would be to go the K20 swap route.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Wanting to push 200+ in a 1.5 L engine with an aluminum block (with or with out forged internals) is just asking for trouble.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
before you guys buy the hks kit, make sure there is an authorized hks tuner near you. they are the only ones that can tune the f-con. i say this because there are a total of two people in the bay area that are familiar with the greddy emanage and hks tuners are even more scarce.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

The turbo that comes with the GReddy kit is fairly small and so it starts to spool at low RPMs; 2.5k. 200+ whp will be difficult to yeild with this kit even with bolt-ons. If you're fixated on gaining 200+ whp by boosting you're L15, you're better off piecing together a custom turbo kit and running T3/T4 hybrid.

and yes, both GReddy e-manage blue and e-manage ultimate are known to be tuner friendly.

Originally Posted by cojaro
I'd expect maybe another +25whp with 8psi. Another +10whp with a freer flowing exhaust, maybe +10whp with a cat-delete.
Originally Posted by cojaro

So that'd be about 170whp @ 8psi? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Assuming 12% power loss through the transmission, then 170whp = 193bhp.
This is reasonable, and actually where I expect to be at when GReddy's done with all the testing and gives me the ok to put all my parts in. They're just collecting dust in my garage.

Originally Posted by PwRmAd
Wanting to push 200+ in a 1.5 L engine with an aluminum block (with or with out forged internals) is just asking for trouble.
yep.

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
before you guys buy the hks kit, make sure there is an authorized hks tuner near you. they are the only ones that can tune the f-con. i say this because there are a total of two people in the bay area that are familiar with the greddy emanage and hks tuners are even more scarce.
This won't be a problem because this is the GReddy kit.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 07-03-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:02 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
This won't be a problem because this is the GReddy kit.
hahaha whoops. i get mixed up in the different threads. i totally thought this was the hks turbo thread. probably because it goes off topic to other kits.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
do you have a picture of the entire kit? I assume the installation should be fairly simple like the HKS kit?

Old 07-03-2008, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
by endurance racing do you mean a drive between phoenix and LA? its about 5.5-6 hours vacillating between 75-90 usually cruising at about 80mph. I make this drive alot and it sucks to be going westbound on the 10 just before palm springs where the windmills are... i cant go faster then 80 going up that hill with the pedal to the floor.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
do you have a picture of the entire kit? I assume the installation should be fairly simple like the HKS kit?
no pics as of yet. After looking at everything when I got my car back, the install looked as of it were pretty straight forward.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gloryhound
by endurance racing do you mean a drive between phoenix and LA? its about 5.5-6 hours vacillating between 75-90 usually cruising at about 80mph. I make this drive alot and it sucks to be going westbound on the 10 just before palm springs where the windmills are... i cant go faster then 80 going up that hill with the pedal to the floor.
By endurance racing, I mean driving several hours red lining through the gears and actually racing. Basically keeping the turbo at maximum boost for a long amount of time. Also, in 5th gear driving @ 80mph my motor is reving at 4.7k's or so. A bit lower then before the turbo was put in.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
The turbo that comes with the GReddy kit is fairly small and so it starts to spool at low RPMs; 2.5k. 200+ whp will be difficult to yeild with this kit even with bolt-ons. If you're fixated on gaining 200+ whp by boosting you're L15, you're better off piecing together a custom turbo kit and running T3/T4 hybrid.
I hope you're kidding. Have fun trying to spool a t3/t4 of any a/r on the l15. With the displacement, and only 6k rpms to play with, you won't be seeing much boost at all. I understand what you are trying to say though. The turbo's that usually come with the greddy kits are relatively small, for good reliable power throughout the powerband, not high numbers.

And to whoever said something about hitting 200 whp with or without internals in the l15, it's not that serious. The block is fine honestly, and I can see the stock internals doing fine for awhile around those numbers as long as a/f and timing is right. For a more reliable motor though, the most I would expect is about 180-190 whp. 8psi is probably as high as I would go on the t1r kit or something relative, at least if you want it somewhat reliable. Much higher than that, on any decent size turbo, and be prepared to break something at some point.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
LOL, I was actually being sarcastic and I totally agree with you. It's unrealistic for someone to expect 200+ whp from the l15 and at the same time expect it to remain reliable; as a DD anyways, which is why most people bought this car.

I hoping to push 7-8lbs soon.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
LOL, I was actually being sarcastic and I totally agree with you. It's unrealistic for someone to expect 200+ whp from the l15 and at the same time expect it to remain reliable; as a DD anyways, which is why most people bought this car.

I hoping to push 7-8lbs soon.
Let me know how she dyno's

Old 07-05-2008, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Will do sir, I'll keep everyone posted.

I still need to find time to get my BOV welded on, LSD and clutch installed, and finally install my test pipe and boost controller. Then she's going in for a retune.

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit