Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Greddy Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Greddy Turbo Kit

Got a couple spy pics of my Fit with the prototype Greddy Turbo kit that they have been getting going for the last 10 months on my car. Friends crappy camera phone pics sorry. So far at 4psi it was at 137whp with stock exhaust they were still tuning and it should be around 6 psi when finished. My last dyno at Fujita engineering the car hit 99.9whp with a Blitz intake and prototype Buddy Club exhaust. I put the stock exhaust back on before dropping it off at Greddy but left the Blitz intake on and it hit 94whp at Greddy on their dyno. It's a 5 Speed Manual with 4k miles on it. Thats all the info I have till it's finished. I hope to have the car back around the 15th of April but who knows if I will.

Last edited by Golof; 04-03-2007 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Banned
Nice..Looks like a few options as it isn't always best to jump on the first company that has a kit....I am sure another year will provide a decent amount of options for the little Fit!

Kris

Old 04-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Greddy makes solid reliable setups. But the components they use within those setups are sometimes questionable. We cant tell exactly what parts exactly until its released.

Old 04-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
Greddy makes solid reliable setups. But the components they use within those setups are sometimes questionable. We cant tell exactly what parts exactly until its released.
The only part of any Greddy Kit I have ever not liked would be the Oil Line they use for their oil feed for the turbo. And their use of Tial wastegates on their 350z kits. Never once had a problem with any properly installed kits and I have been using and selling them since 1996. Neither of the 2 parts I mentioned not liking are bad it's just I would choose differently. I have had their bolt on kit on my old Civic for the last 6 years and 70k miles without trouble.
I am going to give them a call in the morning to see if I can get any more info on what exact turbo they decided to use as it's
kind of tough to make anything out in the picture. I assume it's a variation of the TF-035-14GK 14g that they use on the Xb. Once the car is back in my hands we will see how well everything has turned out. They are rather tight lipped about things right now so I can only wait.

Last edited by Golof; 04-07-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member
I think 10 months is a little long in time, if you ask me.
Please keep us posted with more Info and Pics !

I'm loving my Turbo but just need some more tunning done.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
so they ARE coming out with a buddy club exhaust!! i freakin knew it. theres some girl around here rockin it.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by rick@honda
I think 10 months is a little long in time, if you ask me.
Please keep us posted with more Info and Pics !

I'm loving my Turbo but just need some more tunning done.
Yea it actually has been about 10 months. They are busy and also working on a couple other kits at the same time.
They have their s2000 kit coming out right before mine so they were focused on getting that done first.

I am going to probably get rid of the Buddy Club exhaust and get either the Amuse R1 Titan or RSR Art V with the single tip. The RSR only has 50mm piping though.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM
I just got a call I will get my car back at the Greddy Tech Seminar on the 23rd of this month. Little late but it's cool. Can't get any more official info on the specs of the kit but I will try and stop by Greddy tomorrow and get some better pics to post.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
yes please!! dude u gotta come to our meets n show us this turbo kit of urs.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by Golof
The only part of any Greddy Kit I have ever not liked would be the Oil Line they use for their oil feed for the turbo. And their use of Tial blow off valves on their 350z kits. Never once had a problem with any properly installed kits and I have been using and selling them since 1996. Neither of the 2 parts I mentioned not liking are bad it's just I would choose differently. I have had their bolt on kit on my old Civic for the last 6 years and 70k miles without trouble.
I am going to give them a call in the morning to see if I can get any more info on what exact turbo they decided to use as it's
kind of tough to make anything out in the picture. I assume it's a variation of the TF-035-14GK 14g that they use on the Xb. Once the car is back in my hands we will see how well everything has turned out. They are rather tight lipped about things right now so I can only wait.
yup, their oil lines suck. caused so many car fires and busted oil seals in the K-series.

Tial BOV's? why would they use Tial when they have their own Greddy RS? hmm....odd. Tial is a pretty damn good brand in my book.

most likely they'll stick to their line of Mitsubishi turbos. you wont see garrett or precision in there.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Hey how much did the kit cost u ?? around how much do they cost?

Old 04-11-2007, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
looking good. Do you know Charles over there? tell him to call me.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by Pat272
Hey how much did the kit cost u ?? around how much do they cost?
Not sure what they will sell the kit for yet. At a guess I would say around the msrp of the Scion Xb kit. Most Greddy kits are in the 2500-3k range + intercooler BoV etc. Thats MSRP though so you can get them for much less. My particular kit cost me about 5k if I blow the motor and about 5k less than that if I don't!

Last edited by Golof; 04-12-2007 at 04:16 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:29 AM
i just wish someone would develope a turbo cam to go with the car

i am curious though did they do anything to your injectors, like swap them for bigger ones?

gas milage at 4psi are you loosing or staying the same if you dont shift aggressively?

any engine code thrown yet?
having any probelms with the gauges in your car reading any different?

Old 04-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by dj_buddah

i am curious though did they do anything to your injectors, like swap them for bigger ones?

gas milage at 4psi are you loosing or staying the same if you dont shift aggressively?

The car will not actually be set to run at 4psi boost that was just as far along as they were when it was getting tuned. They typically up the boost slightly as tuning gets further along. I don't believe the injectors have been swapped although I am not sure.
If they have an injector option upgrade like they do for some of their kits it will be tested on my car. I've not got the car back yet so I can't say for sure and I try not to bug them to much and let them do their thing. I will know on the 21st when I get my car back.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by dj_buddah

a turbo cam will not benefit the car without a proper flowing manifold. (ie. long runners). It may actually hurt the performance. Not sure what greddy's manifold looks like, but basing off their other turbo manifolds, its a log type, which are very restrictive. therefore, turbo cams wont help much, if any.

the only time they'll need to change injectors is if he's close to maxing out. Golof, check with greddy what your duty cycle is. Honda injectors do not like going over 85% duty.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 PM
For anyone keeping track I will be picking my car up from Greddy Performance tomorrow morning the 19th. Once I get the car back I will get some pics up and give some more details and my impressions on the Turbo kit. I will put it on our Dyno Dynamics dynomometer as well as a Dynojet and give some horsepower figures with just the kit as well as with a few other mods I have in mind. I will be able to check air fuel ratios etc at that time.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Golof
For anyone keeping track I will be picking my car up from Greddy Performance tomorrow morning the 19th. Once I get the car back I will get some pics up and give some more details and my impressions on the Turbo kit. I will put it on our Dyno Dynamics dynomometer as well as a Dynojet and give some horsepower figures with just the kit as well as with a few other mods I have in mind. I will be able to check air fuel ratios etc at that time.
I'm looking forward to an update. How goes that new beast?

Old 04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I hope to have a nice update in the next week or so. The car runs great the kit fits perfect etc. I will have more info soon.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
bump for interest

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo Kit