Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Header & full catback exhaust worth getting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Header & full catback exhaust worth getting?

Just wanted to know if these were both worth getting? I don't want 2.5 inch piping on the exhasut because I don't want to lose performance. What size is the stock piping? Should I get the exhaust and keep the stock header? Or just get and axleback or get everything? Help!

Old 05-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by ride_the_pony69
Just wanted to know if these were both worth getting? I don't want 2.5 inch piping on the exhasut because I don't want to lose performance. What size is the stock piping? Should I get the exhaust and keep the stock header? Or just get and axleback or get everything? Help!
IMO its not worth getting the header nor the exhaust .For our fit if u want power i say go turbo or k20 swap.save your money and go for bigger and better things.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by claymore
There are SEVERAL THREADS in the exhaust forum just waiting for you to pull up a chair and read them to answer your questions. Like why you think you would lose performance with 2.5 ???
Thank you for pointing that out but I was in a hurry this morning when I wrote that thread so SORRY if I didn't check to see if there was another thread on it. Plus there is not enough info on this forum to really get the answers I am looking for.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Civtegrar
IMO its not worth getting the header nor the exhaust .For our fit if u want power i say go turbo or k20 swap.save your money and go for bigger and better things.
Why do I think I would lose power with a 2.5? Well lets see, you lose back pressure, something you need with a N/A car and not having certain internals like forged pistons and rods, cams and valvetrain or even a turbo there is no reason to have piping that big on this car because of the engine size. Now I could be wrong and if I am by all means correct me. I used to have a GSR integra so I know a little something about hondas. I have a suby now and am now getting back into the honda game so I am a little rusty.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Why do I think I would lose power with a 2.5? Well lets see, you lose back pressure, something you need with a N/A car and not having certain internals like forged pistons and rods, cams and valvetrain or even a turbo there is no reason to have piping that big on this car because of the engine size. Now I could be wrong and if I am by all means correct me. I used to have a GSR integra so I know a little something about hondas. I have a suby now and am now getting back into the honda game so I am a little rusty.
You are right you lose backpressure u lose low end power and u gain at high end. 2.5 is cool for n/a but if u going for turbo i suggest 3" pipe.there is no reason for me to hook up our small motor cuz most of us got this car for gasoline efficiency for a daily driver and most important is the reliability .if you want a fast car get like another older car and hook it up for speed all you want.i learned this the hardway before i use to have a 99 civic b18c turbo and all i modified that car so much that it can do 11.5 1/4 et but i lost the gasoline efficiency and the reliability something always break in the car and i fix it right away and one day i just got sick and tired of fixin it so i sold it for less than half that i spend on it yup it suck when something that you owned start owning you.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
Well, Claymore is right, there are actually quite a few threads that have the info you're looking for -- you've just got to wade through them and pull out what you need.

Stock piping is 50mm. Skunk2 makes a 60mm system in addition to a 50mm, and like you've already brought up, they only really recommend the 60mm for FI setup and the like, so you're better off sticking with stock diameter for N/A in my opinion.

Whether they're worth it or not depends on a lot of things. What are you expecting to gain from making the mods?

Old 05-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Ok I am gettting an exhaust soon but don't know if I want an axle back or cat back. Should I go with 2.5 inch piping or stay with the stock piping size? Want to have good performance. Also here is a catback I found on ebay for $135.

eBay Motors: JDM N1 CATBACK MUFFLER EXHAUST SYSTEM 07 HONDA FIT NEW! (item 280118064167 end time May-30-07 16:50:13 PDT)

Old 05-28-2007, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Ok I am gettting an exhaust soon but don't know if I want an axle back or cat back. Should I go with 2.5 inch piping or stay with the stock piping size? Also here is a catback I found on ebay for $135.

eBay Motors: JDM N1 CATBACK MUFFLER EXHAUST SYSTEM 07 HONDA FIT NEW! (item 280118064167 end time May-30-07 16:50:13 PDT)
Rule #1: "Want to have good performance." and ". . . here is a catback I found on ebay for $135." don't mix. Don't even think of buying a no-name Ebay exhaust -- save your money and buy quality like Spoon, Skunk2, Tanabe, etc. You won't regret it cause you get what you pay for in the end. Besides, how can you trust a seller that has "100% money back guarantee" written all over the description, then has "All sales are final no refund or exhange is offered, no shipping cost will be refunded under any circumstances if item is defective you need to contact manufacturer." written in the fine print.

Now that we got that out of the way, if money is an issue, buy a good axleback first, then get the center-pipe to make it a catback later when you can afford it. You can do that with Spoon, J's, A-spec, Skunk2, and if you stay with the stock piping diameter then you can mix and match if you like -- i.e. Tanabe muffler w/ Spoon b-pipe. If your heart is absolutely set on 60mm (2.5") piping then the Skunk2 60mm setup is your only recourse, though unless you're planning on going FI soon it's a waste and will probably hurt your performance more than anything else.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
From what Ive header that listing is wrong. The piping is 2.25in; people have asked him.

And theres nothing wrong with that exhaust. Now what Id suggest is change the muffler. Do NOT use that muffler because Im sure its cheap and will sound cheap. Buy a nice axle-back to cap off the end. Im either going to get the exhaust listed above and use it as a Bpipe or the Megan.

Looked at the link... FUNK THAT! I got quoted $200 shipped for the Megan.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Well there is a guy on here that I am going to get an Aspec axleback from. I guess I could buy that ebay exhuast and just use the mid section.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Well there is a guy on here that I am going to get an Aspec axleback from. I guess I could buy that ebay exhuast and just use the mid section.

OMG i know you from IWSTI... im xfactorSTi on that forum... but yea choose your exhaust system well... be carefull how big you go with the size of the exhaust unless you get a AFC and richen the mix up a little or you will go lean.

Last edited by 805FitSport; 06-11-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by 805FitSport
OMG i know you from IWSTI... im xfactorSTi on that forum... but yea choose your exhaust system well... be carefull how big you go with the size of the exhaust unless you get a AFC and richen the mix up a little or you will go lean.
Lol! It's a small world huh?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Stock piping is 50mm.
Since this thread is back up... Is this true? Why would companies make aftermarket exhaust systems in the same size piping as OEM?
I think OEM piping is smaller.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
im pretty sure that oem is 45mm

Old 06-12-2007, 01:55 PM
OEM is 45mm... its tiny...