Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Honda fit with turbo...Lost the Waranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda fit with turbo...Lost the Waranty?

Hi, I wanted to know if a buy and install a turbo to my honda fit i can lost the warranty of the Motor...

It Doesn't matter if the turbo only give me 200 HP? with 200HP the motor is not in damage.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Are you serious ? A turbo is about the maximum
abuse you can do to a motor... You warranty
will be void for sure.

Philippe.

Last edited by phil_qc; 06-25-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by phil_qc
Are you serious ? A turbo is about the maximum
abuse you can do to a motor... You warranty
will be void for shure.

Philippe.
Yeah, adding a turbo will void the warranty for sure...heck an intake is pushing it!!

Old 06-25-2007, 06:43 PM
mmmmmm. What is the maximum upgrade that i can make for the car without avoid the warranty?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sansar
mmmmmm. What is the maximum upgrade that i can make for the car without avoid the warranty?
light wheels, tires, weight reduction, intake & exhaust, stereo,
look, suspention, synth oil ...

Philippe

Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
pufff. thats sucksss....

Nitro?

Old 06-25-2007, 07:33 PM
here's the thing (at least in the US). there is nothing that says this voids your warranty, that doesn't. a warranty claim can be rejected if the cause of the failure was due to the aftermarket part.

if your window winding motor breaks under warranty, an intake can't possibly be the cause of the defective window motor, so that defective part would be covered.

if you add anything that "could" cause damage to your motor. you better believe honda will say it was caused by the aftermarket part.

with my wrx, i was told a CARB legal intake and cat-back exhaust were the only safe bets on power mods.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
You will never get 200hp with just a turbo......130hp at best. You are better off doing an engine swap or just getting a Civic Si

Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
The car is like a computer. the best computer is the computer that you assembly. in the car is the same. and its less expensive. And many people doesn't have it.jejeje.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by fazzster
You will never get 200hp with just a turbo......130hp at best. You are better off doing an engine swap or just getting a Civic Si
Please tell me that was a joke right? Theres a member on here that dynoed 198whp on spray and bolt ons. All you need is more boost with a bolt on turbo kit. Its all in the tuning.

200whp is very do-able with the L15. Race gas, 15psi and a good tune. Id say OVER 200whp.

Adding a turbo will void all engine/drive train warranty. Bumper to bumper should still be covered (depending on the part).

light wheels, tires, weight reduction, intake & exhaust, stereo,
look, suspention, synth oil ...

Philippe
Depending on the dealership they will void certain warranty areas with these parts. Intake and exhaust, anything that is associated with the intake (sensors, "TB" < Id know. Hahaha!). They will charge you for diag when having mods. If the car was stock you'd save that $50-$100.

Suspension can void drive train warranty. It all depends on the dealer.

You can run nitrous if you wanted. If something happens be sure the install is clean and easy to remove. Dont leave any traces or signs of you having nitrous.

If you want, go to the dealership you have in mind. Tell them what you plan on doing and ask if the warranty will still apply. If they give you a thumbs up get it in writing!! A signed piece of paper is good enough.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
MX6GT89,

Sansar wrote about installing a turbo kit. I interpret a turbo kit consisting of a bolt on turbo, engine management, and intercooler like a Greddy kit. This would achieve approximately 30 hp at the flywheel. I do believe you, that the Fit motor can achieve 200hp but this would most certainly involve much more than a "turbo kit" (pistons, flywheel, porting, cam, larger injectors etc..)....either route would most certainly void the powertrain warranty.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 AM
MX6GT89,

Sansar wrote about installing a turbo kit. I interpret a turbo kit consisting of a bolt on turbo, engine management, and intercooler like a Greddy kit. This would achieve approximately 30 hp at the flywheel. I do believe you, that the Fit motor can achieve 200hp but this would most certainly involve much more than a "turbo kit" (pistons, flywheel, porting, cam, larger injectors etc..)....either route would most certainly void the powertrain warranty.
a turbo kit include all this

A&J Racing :: Engine :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R TURBO Kit - Honda Fit 07-up GD3

Old 06-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
MX6GT89,

you can easily turn out LOTS more hp just by turning up the boost and tuning. most turbo "kits" are for 7 lbs boost. you can turn it a lot higher than that for a lot more hp, but risk to your engine would then skyrocket without the proper tuning and internals.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
MX6GT89,

Yes! Im sure hes talking about a bolt on turbo kit. I dont think they make a bolt on kit that doesnt include injectors and other fuel mods.
200+whp is doable without internal work. I know it. If D16's can do it, why cant the L15? I honestly think the OEM clutch will hold it too.

you can easily turn out LOTS more hp just by turning up the boost and tuning. most turbo "kits" are for 7 lbs boost. you can turn it a lot higher than that for a lot more hp, but risk to your engine would then skyrocket without the proper tuning and internals.
Just because it says it runs 7psi as it being a bolt on kit doesnt mean thats what its limited to. Any turbo can run more boost. It all depends on the size of the turbo of course. Pushing too much boost on a small turbo will be turning hot air. Basically a spike of good power than a fall. My Mx6 came with a TINY turbo. I ran 17psi on that turbo daily.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Please tell me that was a joke right? Theres a member on here that dynoed 198whp on spray and bolt ons. All you need is more boost with a bolt on turbo kit. Its all in the tuning.

200whp is very do-able with the L15. Race gas, 15psi and a good tune. Id say OVER 200whp.
the real joke here is you implying 200whp is the norm with turbo fit with a good tune.

good tune isnt a miracle. stock fit have 75whp, you are not tripling the hp with a just turbo kit.