Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon*R Street Header

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
You might be a little more lucky since your car is rather newer. I got my '07 in April of '07 and didn't put the headers in until I think October or November. It was a little tight, but my friend and I didn't even bother to take it out while the headers were still in, we just unplugged it then loosened it when it was out and it was still pretty tough.

I'd recommend a lot of PB Blaster.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:37 AM
This is my opinion on the header.
1. fit and finish- nice welds, heavy duty (weighs more than stock header with shield), header slightly shorter than stock header forcing the down pipe and transmission bracket to go higher (toward engine) name tag makes putting that middle bolt a chore (I had to do it from under the car) looks nice though, no gaskets and instructions (I bought gaskets from the dealer), the header to head gasket can be reused but the header to down pipe gasket should be changed (didn't fit snug) don't chance it

2. Performance- the car has a noticeable increase in bottom end torque and makes driving in traffic easier (less pressing on gas), high rpm feels about the same but, because of better pull down low (it feels tamer) in my opinion thats better no more mashing gas to get on the freeway.

3. Bang for the Buck- I'd buy this again over the others again due to the design and half the price of the t1r or j's.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
howzit 08fitsport!

i was looking @ the t1r header, but the posts on the weaponr sound very temping...and its cheaper. i was wonder though...did u connect the support bracket? thanks.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Howzit ranton,

the Weapon R is slightly shorter than stock maybe about 5mms. There's a fat washer that goes on the bolt before putting it through the bracket bolting on to the header. I just moved that washer between the bracket and the header. IMO the Weapon R is so heavy duty you don't really need that bracket but, hey it's there so might as well use it.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
thanks 08fitsport! still debating on the weaponr or the t1r. r&d is gonna charge $580 for the tr1, including shipping to hi. wow! gonna call aj to check their price. but, $215 and 4-2-1 design weaponr sounds really good. thanks again. maybe ill see yah on da road as we're in the same town.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:19 PM
t1rusa.com is selling their header for 450. If I were going to spend that much I'd save it for the s turbo. Ask the companies for UPSP shipping it's a lot cheaper (don't tell the mail man). See you on the road.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I saw the Weapon R street header on the group sale for 195. How's that? Spend the rest on the Weapon R intake manifold and heat isolator gasket.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08FitSport
t1rusa.com is selling their header for 450. If I were going to spend that much I'd save it for the s turbo. Ask the companies for UPSP shipping it's a lot cheaper (don't tell the mail man). See you on the road.
one question though...does installing a turbo mean getting rid of the aftermarket header? thanks.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by raton
one question though...does installing a turbo mean getting rid of the aftermarket header? thanks.
Yup!, I was just saying if you're going to dish out that much for a header you might as well save it and turbocharger instead.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08FitSport
Yup!, I was just saying if you're going to dish out that much for a header you might as well save it and turbocharger instead.
thanks! that helps and makes sense to me. i been kinda going non-stop on the mods lately. i actually need to be a bit more frugal w/ my $$$.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
I just got the Weapon-R header today. Just a quick question...should I raise the front-end w/ ramps or can I install it w/o them? Thanks!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Well if you're super skinny then you can leave it on the ground, but you'll need to get underneath the car for unbolting the header from the catalytic converter and I think maybe the 3rd bolt up top, I can't remember if it's on the underside or the top. You'll also need to unplug/turn out the sensor which is on the bottom as well.

I just drove my car up some ramps and put bags of tube sand in front of the rear tires/parking brake/and reverse (manual cars).

Old 03-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by raton
I just got the Weapon-R header today. Just a quick question...should I raise the front-end w/ ramps or can I install it w/o them? Thanks!
Take off the heat shield (three bolts), break but, don't loosen the header bolts first. Then drive on the ramp to do the underside. It's hard to work on the top side with the car lifted. If possible use a jack and stand so you don't have to start the car.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
Arisenfury/08FitSport....Thanks a bunch for the info!!

heehee. Super skinny....nope....ramps it is. Unfortunately...I don't have jack stands or sand bags. I'll try and figure something out.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
When I did mine I stopped at Autozone for some PB Blaster and while I was there my friend bought some plastic ramps for something like $40. We actually had to use those as the metal ones I had at my house had too much of an angle and my front lip would hit before the tire. I'd suggest trying to find some cheap ones like my friend did, they come in handy for many things too.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks. That's good that you said you used ramps 'cuz I do have those plastic ramps--I'll be using that. I'll be doing the install @ my parent's house, so hopefully I can find something to stand on while I work on the top side of the engine. Thanks again.

Old 03-23-2008, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
WeaponR Street header installed

Well, installed the WeaponR Street header on 3/20. A big Thanks to 08FitSport for helping with the install!! Got to use his jack, jack-stands, tools & his garage for the install. MVP!

The install went pretty well. The only thing was that it took around 2 3/4 hours....probably cuz I was involved. Heehee. All the bolts & sensor came off pretty easily. Unfortunately, after bolting everything on, we couldn't get the header bracket to line up....so we had to leave it off. Later, I'm gonna try some spacers & mess w/ the hole to get the bracket on.

I've been driving around with it installed for 3 days now & there's noticably more torque in 1st and 2nd gears. 3rd and 4th gears feel good too. It's very nice to have that extra "pull" at your disposal. Off the stop feels more responsive. I have an SSI intake and Tanabe Touring axle-back & I like that it's still pretty quiet. There's a nice "throaty" growl when I open it up. I've definately enjoyed driving around with it installed for these past few days. Very happy!

Last edited by raton; 03-23-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: cleanup verbiage
Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
The bracket alignment is a known issue, no one's lines up.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:15 PM
yea i was told the same thing about the race header that the brackets dont line up. But for all headers once they are bolted on everything should be stiff enough so that there is no vibration and nothing to worry about if the brackets arent on. anyone care to 2nd that

Old 03-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by bigtymer8700
yea i was told the same thing about the race header that the brackets dont line up. But for all headers once they are bolted on everything should be stiff enough so that there is no vibration and nothing to worry about if the brackets arent on. anyone care to 2nd that
I don't know about the race header but, the street header has thick heavy duty tubes that I'm sure is strong enough to support the exhaust. Weapon R street is solid!!(I second that)

Quick Reply: Weapon*R Street Header