Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon*R Street Header

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 01:39 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Basically when I press my foot down, I hear a short spurt of air come out from the engine, just a quick hiss like if you press on a tire stem to let the air out. I also hear this hissing sound (but hard to hear cause of the engine noise) when I have the car idling. This would definitely be a leak somewhere right?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
If you didn't hear it before the headers then I'm going to guess that it is a leak. You should be able to poke your head in the engine bay while it's running and hear where it's coming from. Mine leaked when I first put it in because we forgot the donut gasket and you could definitely hear it coming out from where it joins the downpipe. If you've got a friend handy have you or him gently rev the engine until you can pinpoint where it's at. Just don't touch the headers after it's been running for a while.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Alright got things fixed up and sounding good now. I feel a little more pull in 1st and 2nd gears as well as a little more power in the mid-range. Should I reset the ecu after changing header?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Just wanted to say thanks to WeaponR for a great product. Installation was a bitch because of some alignment issues, but performance wise I can't ask for better especially at the low price. The car has alot more torque in the lower gears and rpm's, and just feels like my car got a swift kick in the butt compared to what it used to be. Not to mention that so far my fuel economy is showing that it is vastly improved from before, most likely due to being able to move out of the lower gears and speeds faster with the added torque and responsiveness. Once again, thanks WeaponR, the Street Header is a winner.