Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

k24a swap possible in fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:16 PM
k24a swap possible in fit?

Alright im new to engine swapping and im totally new to the fit but i have helped my uncle swap engines before but anyways. I was reading the k20 swap sticky sounds like its the way to go but then i read about the k24a from the tsk is better then the k20 if you can afford it or if you can even find it. I doubt anyone has done this swap yet but without even doing it will i be able to swap it in a automatic fit sport. I dont even have the fit yet im still trying to figure out which car to get but will the k24 fit in the honda fit and if it does what other stuff will i need to get as in mounts and the kpro and i was reading before he was talking about a dwb which i have no clue what that is. Yes i am a newb atm when it comes to cars my uncle does everything i just get the information and parts. And say this all works out and the engine fits i will no longer be looking at this forum's engine section i would have to go to the k-series forum website or a tsk website for my other modifcations? Well thats preety much it... and yes i know nothing about this subject i wont need you guys to tell me this if you reply

Old 09-16-2007, 10:37 PM
hmm srry for the long post i found a honda swap website and this guy on there is trying to do the same thing trying to put a k24a2 into his honda fit but this guy said skunk2 had a boosted fit at like 210 hp but i heard the k24a is like 200hp stock idk that might be a lie but if it is imagine a k24a boosted 210-109=88 so if the k24a is stock with 200hp add that 88+ hp from a turbo kit and your looking at 288+ boosted honda fit i might be wrong im just throwing that out there

Last edited by blackice; 09-16-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
first off, yes, the K24 will fit under the hood of the fit. The Hasport K20 swap mounts will work for this swap. Sports Compact Car magazine did an article on it and they said the dimensions of the two motors are practically identical except that the K24's deck is like...10mm higher or something.

Second, the K24 isn't necessarily better than the K20. If you're planning on drag racing, you the K24 will probably give you more headroom in terms of potential horsepower because of its larger displacement. But if you want to track race in a Fit, the K20 will be sufficient.

If you have the money and the know how, look into the K20/K24 hybrid motor. It uses the K24 block and attached to the top is the K20 head. Most racers these days are throwing out their B-series motors for these beasts.

Third, you can't calculate horsepower increase the way you did. Every motor is different and that includes the way it responds to boost. But the most accurate way you can estimate an equivalent gain from similar modifications is to get the percentage horsepower gained.

With that, the equivalent would be equal to:

88/95 = 80.73% gain in horsepower

that's 88 whp gain over the 95 whp that the fit puts down to the wheel. K24's put down about 170 to the wheel so...

.8073 * 170 = 137 whp gain

137+170= 307whp total

so the gain equivalent would be 307 whp. Take into account though, that Skunk2's L15a is completely built and they are running about 21psi with their turbo. If you plan on doing that in the future and don't find watching your pistons flying through your hood a very attractive sight, then expect to shell out the money to build the shit out of the bottom end.

Then again, you don't even have a car yet...by the time you buy your car and then save up enough money to do a swap, Honda's probably got their Advanced Vtec motors out and then the K swap will be obsolete. So stop reading this and go get a job and sell your left testicle and your liver and get the swap now...while all this info is still fresh in your head

Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
P.s.

Originally Posted by blackice
Alright im new to engine swapping and im totally new to the fit but i have helped my uncle swap engines before but anyways. I was reading the k20 swap sticky sounds like its the way to go but then i read about the k24a from the tsk is better then the k20 if you can afford it or if you can even find it. I doubt anyone has done this swap yet but without even doing it will i be able to swap it in a automatic fit sport. I dont even have the fit yet im still trying to figure out which car to get but will the k24 fit in the honda fit and if it does what other stuff will i need to get as in mounts and the kpro and i was reading before he was talking about a dwb which i have no clue what that is. Yes i am a newb atm when it comes to cars my uncle does everything i just get the information and parts. And say this all works out and the engine fits i will no longer be looking at this forum's engine section i would have to go to the k-series forum website or a tsk website for my other modifcations? Well thats preety much it... and yes i know nothing about this subject i wont need you guys to tell me this if you reply
ps. its TSX not tsk. Oh and not all K24's are equal, K24A2's are the ones you want, only those come with real i-Vtec. The other K24's are the ones from the Accord and CR-V and those have what ppl call VTEC-E and its not really vtec, it just means that the engine doesn't open an intake valve all the way at low rpms and at higher rpms the valve opens all the way.