Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Megan Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Smile Megan Headers

Hey Everyone,

I just installed my Megan Racing Header on my BOM Sport Fit. At first I was alittle scared with all the talk of the "leaky" weldz. But in receiving my header package via Fedex I was extremely impressed with the new generation header Megan has introduced to the Fit market.
Sorry but I did not take any pictures but I have seen many before and after pictures by just doing a simple search throughout the forums. The overall install was pretty easy. The biggest issue anyone should have IMAO would be the small space in which you have to work in.....plus the DAMN bolts that connect the headers to the block were on there PRREEETTTYYYY tight . And it was not like you can just extend the handle to gain more torque on the ratchet because of the limited space you have to work in....but not complaining. Here are my ghetto instructions...hope it helps;
After removing the main block bolts that connect the header the rest was cake...short and sweet...remove heat sheild, disconnect O2 sensor, loosen 5 bolts that connect stock header to block, jack up car, remove "the condom looking black U shaped thing"...you can't miss it!!! Next remove header bracket...you can't miss it, remove 2 bolts connecting bottom header to the downpipe....pull the stock header out.
I am not going to bore you with the install instructions, just follow the removal one backwards or do a simple search.
My installs are a cai and megan axle back exhaust and now the header just as an update....first drive...WOW. I was worried about it being to loud..not at all BELOW 4/5 grand. After that she screams! Nice pulling power at mid to high range rpm's. At low rpm's to be honest sometimes I can't even tell it is there! Which makes it perfect for local streets but when you open her up...extremely happy. Oh by the way your rpm's will bounce off the rev limiter..... .
So I hope this helps anyone on the boarder, like I was...just do it!

Peace..........
GD3blaze07'
aspec cai
megan header
megan axle back

Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
So you noticed a significant difference in sound after about 4-5,000rpm compared to just the intake and exhaust?

I have the Megan axle-back and an SRI and I was shocked at how loud the intake was, so you say the headers add even more to that high RPM sound? I can't wait now I've got some coming on Tuesday, they're the Weapon*R ones but I'm figuring it'll all be the same.

Also going by your write up it sounds like you unbolted the headers before taking off the heat shield, is this possible or am I just reading it wrong? I thought you had to take the shield off first which I just encountered a problem with since I stripped one of the bolts on the heat shield down by where the downpipe is. If I can take the headers out without the shield coming off I'd be exstatic.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Smile Headers

You are right, the heat shield needs to be pulled. There is no way you would be able to remove the header without removing the heat shield. As far as sound I guess everyones point of view is different but yes at low rpm's with the cai / axle back / header didn't really notice anything different......it would be a different story like I had said above 4,500-redline. As far as being low pro around cops...as long as you shift low rpm's 3 grand ish, don't see any issues. I also am completely striped down to bare metal in my Fit so the sound is even louder in my car!
Yes you are right, best investment you could have made besides purchasing this great motor. With all your modz you will be able to ta.ta.ta.ta your rpm's off the rev limiter which is pretty impressive for the little engine it is. You will def see a drop in MPG....just because it is so FUN to floor it .

Old 10-06-2007, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Ahhhhh can't wait.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Megan= Cheap mass produced Chinese garbage designed to make money not power.

Old 10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Cool Megan

Megan is one of the biggest producers of performance parts for the auto industry. I guess you are NOT a fan.....we all simply did not want a can hanging from the rear. Plus with slim pickin's in the dual tip area...it kinda limits the possiblities!
Good luck with your car!

GD3blaze07'

Old 10-11-2007, 05:01 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nabisco
Megan= Cheap mass produced Chinese garbage designed to make money not power.
to each their own, but my megan stuff made as much power as all the other products out there.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 AM
"Megan is one of the biggest producers of performance parts for the auto industry." A quick buck is all they are.
There is a large quantity of APC "performance parts" available at my local auto parts store. Should I get their products too?

You get what you pay for is what I'm trying to say here.
I have seen several manifolds and other products fail. They are made in China, quantity over quality. None of their headers have equally or out performed the real ones.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
If you don't like it don't buy it. No need to knock on other people's choices.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Cool Parts

Unfortunetly MEGAN RACING is here to stay with extremely competitive product, pricing and overall performance. Like I had stated alot of us use this car for alot of different reasons and putting 900 dollars into an exhaust system for daily sales calls is DUMB . A good portion of us are not totally into modding cars but they do want there FIT to stand out alittle....I hope you see my point.
So far with my Megan products....my car is like night and day compared to stock. I would recommend anyone who does not want to put serious money into a ECONOMY CAR.
As a note you are the only person on the thread to knock people....n u have like 12 postz...kinda new here RELAX..were all here to learn and have fun.
Maybe if you reworded what you stated prior about MEGAN you wouldn't have come off like an expert who has been producing exhaust systems for 30 years.

GD3blaze07'

Aspec CAI
Megan Racing Header
Megan Racing Axle Back
Soon to come... Megan B- Pipe

Old 10-12-2007, 12:10 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nabisco
None of their headers have equally or out performed the real ones.

Ben Dynoed his car at 105whp with T1R Intake + T1R Crank pulley +T1R 50S Cat-back exhaust + T1R HEADER!!!!

I made 100whp with the Header and catback.

I'm Not saying that this is the BEST header out there... cause its not. But as far as coming on here and saying their pieces of junk is wrong. I got the header free otherwise i probably would have another. But yes, this header performs just as well as the others on the market.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I am not knocking on anyone and I apologize if I came off that way. I am just trying to encourage you to look at other systems available before considering the Megan.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com

Ben Dynoed his car at 105whp with T1R Intake + T1R Crank pulley +T1R 50S Cat-back exhaust + T1R HEADER!!!!

I made 100whp with the Header and catback.

I'm Not saying that this is the BEST header out there... cause its not. But as far as coming on here and saying their pieces of junk is wrong. I got the header free otherwise i probably would have another. But yes, this header performs just as well as the others on the market.
Chris,

I went back through the older threads and could not find a dyno printout. Would you please tell me where it is or could you post it?

Old 10-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Ben's Dyno was in the AJ-R section under response header. He had a Baseline run of 191 stock.... I seen in another post that he reported gains of 14whp... which makes it 105. My baseline run with header and exhaust can be found in the Jackson Racing thread somewhere. which was 100whp.

Here is the Baseline and the Header alone.

Last edited by JDMchris.com; 10-12-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:12 PM
megan header

here is a pic. i also installed the megan header and i was a lil concerned about the negative responses that i have read so before ordering i called megan and voiced my concerns . they assured me that all was well .they had fixed the problem( they bought new welders)i also installed the megan axle back i really love the mellow sound, unlike those screaming tin can-like exhausts. also i didnt like the look of the stainless against my taffetti white fit so i painted it

also while i am at it let me also defend k&n. some people have come down hard about k&n s.r.i. .one even wrote a friggin book ,almost(i want mention any names) . let me say i did the same with k&n i called and voiced my concerns , they told me they were aware of the problems but assured me i would have absolutely no problems anymore. how right they were .my typhoon fit like a glove, installation was a breeze, and like they say at mickey dee's....... "im loving it"!
YouTube - HONDA FIT 07

here is my other baby!

Last edited by predestyned; 10-12-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks Chris,

I had the T1R and had been looking for yours in the header threads. I have it now.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM
where did yall purchase your megan headers? i ahve seen them on ebay for around 200 shipped, that is the best price i have found, but am weary of buying on ebay, regardless of sellers feedback. any tips on good price for header and megan cat delete?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
I am selling a brand new, never used megan headers if you would like to get your hands on one. It isn't a first generation so you don't have to worry about leakage. pm me if interested. And sorry tony if it looks like i am using your thread.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:22 PM
megan headers

meagan racing header 159.00 -190.00 shipped Headers honda fit

Old 11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
i fuk!ng love my megan header... cant wait for spring to come for my new toys coming