Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

DC Sport Header?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
DC Sport Header?

I'm looking to get a header for my Fit and my local shop has a good price on a DC sports header and can have it next day, but I have a few questions.

For those that have one, how was the install, did everything line up with out any problems? Also was there any problem with the check engine light coming on after installation?

Was there a noticable difference in pull across the rpm range and what was your impression of the header in general (ie. sound, quality and performance)?

Oh and has anyone had a chance to dyno this thing yet?

Thanks for the help

Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I LOVED IT!!! i've actually got a thread on it

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t=header+Megan

Old 10-26-2007, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
DC Ceramic Header #HHC5023

kifu,

I just installed a DC Ceramic header last week. I hope this info helps.

The Install
The header install was a real bear. Just about every bolt is hidden behind one thing or another. The space is really tight, really difficult to get any leverage. I wish I had access to a set of Snap-On ratchets (80 tooth geared) as my Craftsman is only 36 tooth. Some spaces were so tight, I couldn't even get the ratchet to click into the next gear.

Probably the most frustrating part of the whole install was detaching the wiring connector on the Oxygen sensor. That task alone took me nearly an hour. Now that I know how to do it however, it would probably only take me a minute or less. The directions only say, "remove wiring harness, next remove Oxygen sensor." I wish it was that easy!

Fitment
The quality of this product is excellent. Installation was a cinch. All holes lined up exactly, and all threaded holes were machined perfectly.

CEL
After I got everything buttoned up, I fired it up. It started as usual, no CEL came on, so that was a good sign. I proceeded to take it out for a test drive.

Sound
The sound appears to be the same at idle. When I take it up to speed, I detect only an incremental increase in sound. At WOT, 4000 rpm to redline does sound a bit sweeter now.

Performance
I do not detect a tremendous gain in performance. I do notice that it does seem to rev more freely, as I have been accidentally triggering the rev limiter lately. I have to readjust my timing when shifting now, as it seems that 4000 to 6500 rpm comes up much quicker.

Install Notes
1) The kit includes the header, 6 bolts, and instructions. It does not include a gasket. Honda parts quoted one for less than $10. I decided to go with a new one. BTW, there is a front and a back to this gasket. Be sure to line up the ports.
2) There are 2 release clips to the Oxygen sensor connector. One is on top, and one on bottom. Pull the connector towards the O2 sensor when depressing the bottom release clip. Pull the connectors (harness) apart when depressing the top release clip. Had I known this, I could have saved an hour on this install. BTW, I needed a 1" spanner to remove/replace the O2 sensor from the OEM exhaust manifold to the DC header.
3) Set aside some time for this project. Without any help, it took me 6 hours. Maybe could have done it in 5 hours if I didn't have the O2 issue.

If you decide to go with a set of headers, don't stress. It really isn't that hard to do, it just takes a lot of time and patience. Good luck!

ImageShack(TM) slideshow