Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

My Hks Turbo Kit...unreleased!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by China FIT
I have the kit installed in Aug and everything works fine but the intercooler is like half smaller than the one you have! In addition, HKS website to use this injector => 16450-PNA-003 (Honda original parts it cost only approx. US$60 per each)

I have put the EVC to boost to 60 kpa and I think that we may need to change the piston & piston rod if we would like to tune this at high kpa than 60 (such order it from JE)

I was looking for the program(software) & the tune cable. Can I get 1 from you?
Thanks for the part number of the injector.

i cannot get you the program cause its the hks authorized tuning equiment. sorry.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
Yes, i was exaggerating.

I only get 28 mpg, so i'm giving up on trying to save every drop of gas, so i'm looking to getting a turbo kit. I also like turbo kits over SC because it'll muffle the exhaust down a bit too.

So you can get pictures of the Greddy and the HKS kit? let us know what you think is better, for power, and for looks, and which will allow the fogs.

well, me being in the industry is usually in the manufactures side, and i have built 3 cars already that have been featured or published. It's only fun when you like the attention, but when you get older, you'll like the piece and quite.
Yes i can get you the pictures of both cars tomorrow.
My car is officially done and i am taking it easy on it right now. I will post up some more pictures of the kit.

BTW the fog light dont fit at all...and there are no fog lights on the greddy kit cause they used a base model honda fit.

more to come tomorrow.

~BJ

Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Mmmmmmm! Tastes good! I have been waiting for this kit for quite some time now. I just hope that you are right in that it will be able to be upgraded to produce more horsepower. Now I have to start saving my money...or sell my Integra.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sdPANNfit
Yes i can get you the pictures of both cars tomorrow.
My car is officially done and i am taking it easy on it right now. I will post up some more pictures of the kit.

BTW the fog light dont fit at all...and there are no fog lights on the greddy kit cause they used a base model honda fit.

more to come tomorrow.

~BJ
NOOO!!!! This is the information i did NOT want to hear. I love my foglights and do not want to lose them. I guess if i go turbo, i'm going 2 have to re-route the charge pipes myself.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
NOOO!!!! This is the information i did NOT want to hear. I love my foglights and do not want to lose them. I guess if i go turbo, i'm going 2 have to re-route the charge pipes myself.
i know i know i love my foglights too.
i will snap a pic of my pipes and how close it is to my foglight. i only have the foglight housing no fogs.
but at least it is turbo.
~BJ

Old 11-02-2007, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
i know i know i love my foglights too.
i will snap a pic of my pipes and how close it is to my foglight. i only have the foglight housing no fogs.
but at least it is turbo.
~BJ
I think you need to remove that turbo and put the fog lights back. NOOOOT!!!!

p.s. all this turbo talk is changing my mind on the subject! LOL! Looks like both my Fit and CRX will get them one day! Soon I hope (pending wife's approval! LOL!)!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by ciburri
I think you need to remove that turbo and put the fog lights back. NOOOOT!!!!

p.s. all this turbo talk is changing my mind on the subject! LOL! Looks like both my Fit and CRX will get them one day! Soon I hope (pending wife's approval! LOL!)!
yeah i think i am going to take off the turbo kit.
any takers....hahaha
just in case you didnt know i am joking.
~BJ

Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
I want to hear about the turbo lag... I drive an A/T and the lag is annoying enough as it is. I am not looking for an enormous boost but a noticable increase in response at low RPM in "everyday urban situations".

ALSO, the kit includes a downpipe, does it mean that the catalyser is removed? Is the kit street legal?

Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
i think we need a BUMP with some more pix plz!! =]

Old 11-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
i think we need a BUMP with some more pix plz!! =]
yeah a bump and maybe some rep points too~

videos and more pics coming soon.
~BJ

Old 11-04-2007, 01:42 AM
sat. night bump

Old 11-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Looks great man! + Rep, I'll definelty be ordering that kit when it comes for sure!

Old 11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by tricolor
I want to hear about the turbo lag... I drive an A/T and the lag is annoying enough as it is. I am not looking for an enormous boost but a noticable increase in response at low RPM in "everyday urban situations".

ALSO, the kit includes a downpipe, does it mean that the catalyser is removed? Is the kit street legal?
No matter what the car will have turbo lag. Since the car was NA to begin with driving around town would/should feel the same as it did when it didnt have a turbo. When you go into full throttle youll have a slight delay in jolt of power.

But still, the turbo is small and the motor is somewhat high compression. My guess is the car will make full boost by 2500-3000rpms.

sat. night bump
Any info? Hows the car drive, hit some boooooooosst!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:29 PM
dang bj. you and brent are lucky to get those unreleased turbo's.

there goes my goal in being the fastest fit in SD. its okay though, ill just try and jump on the supercharger deal heh.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by tricolor

it does not have too much lag caus eit uses a baby turbo. it feels pretty good... but i bet it would feel better if i had my ssr wheels back...damn i bought some 17 volk gt-7 gunmetal and i think it is slowing me down a bit.

yes it comes with a d/p and the cat is still there.
hks said they do not want to release the kit until the kit is carb legal.
maybe 6 more months or so

Old 11-05-2007, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
retail should be about 4k
should be about 130
SERIOUSLY THAT'S IT....?! Because if that's the case I'd actually rather buy a K20AR with Hondata and run 200whp all day long before considering the HKS Turbo Kit.

Old 11-05-2007, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_EK3
SERIOUSLY THAT'S IT....?! Because if that's the case I'd actually rather buy a K20AR with Hondata and run 200whp all day long before considering the HKS Turbo Kit.
but by the time your done you will also be at about $8k and without a car for 2-4 months.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by ToyotaLover
but by the time your done you will also be at about $8k and without a car for 2-4 months.
thats it? only 8k. I have a 1998 integra 4 door db8 with a k20 swap and i paid over 12k for everything installed and tuned.

btw... Toyota Lover i found your hose clamps and hose.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by jamestheazn06
dang bj. you and brent are lucky to get those unreleased turbo's.

there goes my goal in being the fastest fit in SD. its okay though, ill just try and jump on the supercharger deal heh.
lucku and unlucky unfortunately... see brent had the prototyp model... and i paid for mine...

Don't worry about being the fastest in SD...there will always be someone with more money and a faster car. I always worry about only me.

with the supercharger dael you have to deal with JDMchris...hahah

Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by mducrow@mac.com
Looks great man! + Rep, I'll definelty be ordering that kit when it comes for sure!
Thank you so much! i will post up some pictures today for sure.
and a video too.

~BJ

Quick Reply: My Hks Turbo Kit...unreleased!!!!