Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Stock (EP3) Civic Si Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
off sub. anyone think the rsx type s will work?

Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
If anyone is interested, there is a member on ephatch.com that is selling his stock muffler out of Miami. You can probably get it for $30 + shipping.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I think that your going to have alot of custom work to make the ep3 muffler work

Old 03-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by showoff3civic
I think that your going to have alot of custom work to make the ep3 muffler work
Just piping from the B-pipe to the muffler. Nothing $30-$50 couldnt pay for.
Theres plenty of room under the rear of the Fit.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
It is just the muffler. Not much custom work needs to be done.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:49 PM
i hope your going to upgrade the mid pipe because i doubt there will be any real gains with just a muffler... idk much about fit aftermarket does T1R make a midpipe like the ep3? Thats what alot of ep3 members have been doing the T1R midpipe to the stock muffler and its been just as of a power gain as an aftermarket exhaust.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
i hope your going to upgrade the mid pipe because i doubt there will be any real gains with just a muffler... idk much about fit aftermarket does T1R make a midpipe like the ep3? Thats what alot of ep3 members have been doing the T1R midpipe to the stock muffler and its been just as of a power gain as an aftermarket exhaust.
I am not worried about upgrading the mid-pipe right now since this is just an aesthetic upgrade. I am not sure how the Fit's mid-pipe will hold up or if it would even be worth it with future modifications since the HP won't really go beyond 200HP.

But even for the EP3 it isn't necessary to upgrade the mid-pipe unless you want to go over 270HP, if I remember correctly.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I was going to keep my current exhaust set-up and swap out my Netemi muffler for a Ep3. Just the overall look I like of the Ep3. Plus itll put the tone down, not that my car is loud. I just dont want to hear it anymore.

I changed plans. Dont think its going to be any quieter, but its damn sweet.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Ive been really thinking of doing this. My buddy has his stock ep3 exhaust in his garage so I might pick it up and put it on. As of if I gain power or not I really dont care. Im not racing my FIT or planning to anytime soon. I like how it looks and from the sound of it, it doesnt sound too loud. I dont like loud exhausts that you cant hear anything from inside the car. If I do it, ill post pics

Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LOZA
Ive been really thinking of doing this. My buddy has his stock ep3 exhaust in his garage so I might pick it up and put it on. As of if I gain power or not I really dont care. Im not racing my FIT or planning to anytime soon. I like how it looks and from the sound of it, it doesnt sound too loud. I dont like loud exhausts that you cant hear anything from inside the car. If I do it, ill post pics
droning exhausts are the worse! long drive with a droning exhaust is like torture that leaves you deaf. i really like the ep3 mufflers too, very subtle sound and neat-looking dual tips.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by osborne
I am not worried about upgrading the mid-pipe right now since this is just an aesthetic upgrade. I am not sure how the Fit's mid-pipe will hold up or if it would even be worth it with future modifications since the HP won't really go beyond 200HP.

But even for the EP3 it isn't necessary to upgrade the mid-pipe unless you want to go over 270HP, if I remember correctly.

stock ep3 midpipe = the sucks even tho the mugen mid pipe is small for diameter. But i had a 60mm fujitsubo and the Mugen picked me up a little more mid range tq where it is needed with these motors.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by hmgFIT
off sub. anyone think the rsx type s will work?
It may. I was thinking about it also, it may be too long. Its a pretty big muffler. Hoping youre talking about the 05-06 muffler. I call it the poor mans Greddy SP muffler.

Originally Posted by doctordoom
droning exhausts are the worse! long drive with a droning exhaust is like torture that leaves you deaf. i really like the ep3 mufflers too, very subtle sound and neat-looking dual tips.
What I love about my current exhaust, it doesnt drone at all. I can drive 45mph up to 90mph and not hear a thing unless I go at least 1/2 throttle.

Whats bothering me now is accelerating from lights and stuff. I never thought Id be the one to complain about my cars being too loud but for some reason, its getting to me. Maybe because when its hotter out, A/C on it takes a little more to get the Fit up to speed? A little more means more noise. More noise and me not going anywhere looks bad. Hahah!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
A little more means more noise. More noise and me not going anywhere looks bad. Hahah!
Man dude I couldnt of said it better

Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by LOZA
Man dude I couldnt of said it better
Ive been so tempted to put the stock muffler back on, but I dont have it anymore and I despise the OEM muffler. Its beyond ugly, if it wasnt visible Id be ok with it.

Sometimes the A/C compressor kicks on at the wrong time and I find myself getting pissed and flooring it just to try and teach the car a lesson for kicking the compressor on at that time. Hahahahh!

I was going up a hill one day in 3rd gear at low RPMs. Never had problems with hills. It was HOOOOOTTT out. A/C was on, I never have it pass "2" (not like that matters)
Compressor kicked on, I didnt move.
I floored it, let off, floored it, let off. Didnt do a damn thing. I had to push the A/C button to make it up the hill.

I cleaned my air filter yesterday. Seemed like it helped a little.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Ive been so tempted to put the stock muffler back on, but I dont have it anymore and I despise the OEM muffler. Its beyond ugly, if it wasnt visible Id be ok with it.

Sometimes the A/C compressor kicks on at the wrong time and I find myself getting pissed and flooring it just to try and teach the car a lesson for kicking the compressor on at that time. Hahahahh!

I was going up a hill one day in 3rd gear at low RPMs. Never had problems with hills. It was HOOOOOTTT out. A/C was on, I never have it pass "2" (not like that matters)
Compressor kicked on, I didnt move.
I floored it, let off, floored it, let off. Didnt do a damn thing. I had to push the A/C button to make it up the hill.

I cleaned my air filter yesterday. Seemed like it helped a little.

Wow man thats crazy..I think thats one of the reasons why I dont want to mess with mods like i/h/e. I was kinda even iffy about the wheels cause of the stupid tpms light. I also dont like the exhaust look on the FIT, thats why I was thinking of the ep3 one. Im still debating on what to do

Old 03-21-2008, 01:44 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
More noise and me not going anywhere looks bad. Hahah!
haha i couldn't agree more. sometimes i see cars (mostly civic hatches) go "roaring" by at like 25 mph. sounds like they're breaking the sound barrier but they're really going closer to the speed of me on a tricycle.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 AM
It may. I was thinking about it also, it may be too long. Its a pretty big muffler. Hoping youre talking about the 05-06 muffler. I call it the poor mans Greddy SP muffler.

The only problem with 05+ Dc5 muffler is that the pipe tapers down to restrict airflow. You'd have to go with the Type-R one which about 300 bux

Old 03-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by hondaf1racing
The only problem with 05+ Dc5 muffler is that the pipe tapers down to restrict airflow. You'd have to go with the Type-R one which about 300 bux
Just have it cut off, weld on all new piping. Even if you kept the piping and just added to it Im sure a stock RSX-S muffler has plenty of flow for the Fit.

I had to mod my Evo8/9 muffler on my Mx-6. Evo8/9 mufflers bolt on from the side of the muffler. And theres a flap inside the muffler that stays closed when driving around. Under boost the extra exhaust flow opens the flap and opens up the muffler for better flow.

I bypassed that whole thing. I cut a 3in hole in the back, had 3in piping stuck into the hole and welded in place. I also had to center the exhaust tip. The exhaust tips come out at a slight angle due to the way the mufflers hang. It was a lot of work to run the muffler, then again my Mx-6 pushes a lot more air then the Fit.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Ihh IS Jaaaarome!
5 Year Member
i have a ep3 muffler hahahaha...nanana

oh snap is me and ray...

Old 03-28-2008, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Just piping from the B-pipe to the muffler. Nothing $30-$50 couldnt pay for.
Theres plenty of room under the rear of the Fit.
You also have to modify the hooks on the can. They are too tall and will cause the muffler to hang really low.

Quick Reply: Stock (EP3) Civic Si Exhaust