Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Throttle controllers, yea!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
The Blitz is a nice mod to have...

Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
the cruise control still works like before but with this little piece of heaven the car accelerates quicker on the highways...mpg goes down a little, nothing to crazy. I made it from Newark, NJ to Boston, MA with almost half a tank idk how good that is but i was doing atleast 75mph the whole way down with a little 100mph spirts here and there ...its just a good buy
I'll have to agree with "Hondasforlife" in that the cruise control still works exactly as before, and that the mpg does not seem to be affected during long drives at constant freeway speeds. During my 600 mile+ trip to Oregon, I was curious to see what mpg I could squeeze out of my 5AT. I was able to obtain 36+ mpg at 70-80 mph during two tanks with the Blitz TC activated. One tank was run with the TC set on ECO mode and the other was set on SP3. I witnessed virtually no difference in mpg between the two settings. Make note that I have seen noticeable drops in mpg when frequent stabs at the accelerator used. It only seems to make sense that the dramatic drops in mileage are "coincidently" apparent when practicing hard/frequent acceleration. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, my stint of spirited canyon carving yielded an mpg of 28.5 during that tank of 87 octane. In short, the TC only seems to hurt mileage when you attempt rapid/constant acceleration. If you can control your right foot, you can still enjoy great mileage, yet still have brisk acceleration on tap.
-macbuddy-
BTW, I seem to smile more with the TC activated.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by macbuddy
I'll have to agree with "Hondasforlife" in that the cruise control still works exactly as before, and that the mpg does not seem to be affected during long drives at constant freeway speeds. During my 600 mile+ trip to Oregon, I was curious to see what mpg I could squeeze out of my 5AT. I was able to obtain 36+ mpg at 70-80 mph during two tanks with the Blitz TC activated. One tank was run with the TC set on ECO mode and the other was set on SP3. I witnessed virtually no difference in mpg between the two settings. Make note that I have seen noticeable drops in mpg when frequent stabs at the accelerator used. It only seems to make sense that the dramatic drops in mileage are "coincidently" apparent when practicing hard/frequent acceleration. As I had mentioned in an earlier post, my stint of spirited canyon carving yielded an mpg of 28.5 during that tank of 87 octane. In short, the TC only seems to hurt mileage when you attempt rapid/constant acceleration. If you can control your right foot, you can still enjoy great mileage, yet still have brisk acceleration on tap.
-macbuddy-

Originally Posted by macbuddy
i agree with macbuddy on this

Old 10-08-2008, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
I want to thank you guys for the feedback. I want to share an item that really worked out for me on my car though I have posted on it on "performance mods that won't hurt M.P.G". Check out this website. Next Level Performance . The two of the items used together in addition to intake ad exhaust improvements should make life much happier when behind the wheel. The Tri-Phase performance module is without a doubt , the most rewarding purchase that I have made to date as an improvement to my car.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry about all the questions...

-macbuddy-
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The two of the items used together in addition to intake ad exhaust improvements should make life much happier when behind the wheel. The Tri-Phase performance module is without a doubt , the most rewarding purchase that I have made to date as an improvement to my car.
Hey Texas Coyote,

Okay...now you've gotten my interest in these Tri-Phase/G-Box modules. What exactly is involved in the wiring? How many connections are made, and where to? Do you think you could have been satisfied with the original G-Box, or the G-Box Gold as well? Have you tried testing the limits of the Tri-Phase by using Premium fuel and the ++ setting? If so, what where your findings? What setting, and grade fuel do you normally run? Can the unit be turned off, or is it always on once installed?
From what you've read about the Blitz Throttle Controller and how it's wired, do you foresee any installation/wiring issues of running both? I too, am wondering if running both systems in concert might be the performance ticket that most Fit owner have been longing for. Imagine that, more power (NLP), and quicker response (Blitz) while maintaining fuel efficiency ( one or both units can be turned off).

Once again, sorry about all the questions,
-macbuddy-

__________________________________________________ __________

Old 10-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
^ i'd be wary of those products. just my opinion.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Alright guys I have some throttle controllers in stock!!! Well I also need to test fit the new honda fit. Anyone in so cali wants to be my guinea pig!! Call me at blitz facility or PM me for pricing.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by blitzusa
Alright guys I have some throttle controllers in stock!!! Well I also need to test fit the new honda fit. Anyone in so cali wants to be my guinea pig!! Call me at blitz facility or PM me for pricing.
Yay! Welcome back, Mike. It's nice to hear that the back-order problem is over on the Blitz Throttle Controllers. I hope that the lurkers on this thread buy up all of your stock.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by doctordoom
^ i'd be wary of those products. just my opinion.
I will be interested in Texas Coyote's reply to macbuddy. The Tri-Phase G-Box web site sounds exactly like the b.s. eBay ads for the IAT "magic performance chips". But the performance chips sold for cars 15-20 years old, that actually were chips that mounted to the ECU, sounded exactly the same in their claims, and they actually DID (DO) WORK, and they sold for $200-300..

Old 10-10-2008, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Questions? I drove them crazy with questions over the phone at NLP. I have Hypertech products on my other and wife's vehicles and have never had problem with either. This little box has been on my car for over 17,000 miles. I use premium fuel and did before installing the box due to the car not being driven very frequently, and that regular fuel tends to gum up more over time. There are 4 wires, -,+, and the other 2 that are spliced onto each end of the 5.6 volt + wire (that you will cut) and goes to the AIT sensor. 3 position toggle switch center is off. I just leave mine on, in the maximum position and never think about it, knowing that I have the ability to change to a less aggressive setting or turn off the power at the switch. Our cars are low emission vehicles and therfore suffer a loss of potential performance, and the Blitz,NLP combo, in addition to exhaust and intake changes, seems to be the logical way to optimize performance at far less cost ,than of other options. The increase in low end torque is going to be the most notice able thing, and allows you to use a higher gear than before lowering RPM and giving back MPG that the slightly richer mixture would cause. It all makes sense to me, and I have been messing around with cars and bikes go carts,etc.,since 1961. I hope that the Blitz meets my expectations. Just kidding, I am sure it will.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
im not sure if this was listed becouse i dident read thro the full thread how much are the throttle controlers going for now?

Old 10-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned
Questions? I drove them crazy with questions over the phone at NLP. I have Hypertech products on my other and wife's vehicles and have never had problem with either. This little box has been on my car for over 17,000 miles. I use premium fuel and did before installing the box due to the car not being driven very frequently, and that regular fuel tends to gum up more over time. There are 4 wires, -,+, and the other 2 that are spliced onto each end of the 5.6 volt + wire (that you will cut) and goes to the AIT sensor. 3 position toggle switch center is off. I just leave mine on, in the maximum position and never think about it, knowing that I have the ability to change to a less aggressive setting or turn off the power at the switch. Our cars are low emission vehicles and therfore suffer a loss of potential performance, and the Blitz,NLP combo, in addition to exhaust and intake changes, seems to be the logical way to optimize performance at far less cost ,than of other options. The increase in low end torque is going to be the most notice able thing, and allows you to use a higher gear than before lowering RPM and giving back MPG that the slightly richer mixture would cause. It all makes sense to me, and I have been messing around with cars and bikes go carts,etc.,since 1961. I hope that the Blitz meets my expectations. Just kidding, I am sure it will.
Thanks for your explanations. I may give this product a try-- just because the product description sounds like other scams doesn't mean that this is also a scam.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
I explained experiences with the tri-phase in the thread about "performance mods that don't effect fuel mileage". The one thing that I do to insure that the oil isn't becoming diluted with fuel, is to smell the dipstick when oil is checked. This has been a practice of mine since way back, starting with an Austin Healey 3000. Crank case oil gets diluted for numerous reasons and a ricer mixture is one of them. Synthetic oil doesn't seem to thin, even when you can detect the smell of gasoline, but the mod does richen the mixture and if there appears to be a problem you might consider changing oil a little sooner than recomended, which is a normal practice for me anyway. I don't think it is a problem but I also use Iridium spark plugs in the Fit, Quad electrode Bosch platinums in my wife's truck and NGK copper core racing plugs in my Safari van with Mallory Hyfire VI-A Microprocessor. You may have to use a higher heat range plugs if in a cold climate, but the Iridium plugs are variable heat range and work in all climates. I would believe that if there was anything negative occurring that the SEL would light up, and so far it has stayed off and the Tri-Phase has been on it since September 2006. Everyone that has ridden in or driven it has said, it made a big diferrence, and thought I must have done a lot more to it than I had. Now having a throttle that will let more air flow through the powerband, should make for a much more enjoyable and entertaining ride. Hey, Blitz dude, we need to talk.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Banned
I explained experiences with the tri-phase in the thread about "performance mods that don't effect fuel mileage". The one thing that I do to insure that the oil isn't becoming diluted with fuel, is to smell the dipstick when oil is checked. This has been a practice of mine since way back, starting with an Austin Healey 3000. Crank case oil gets diluted for numerous reasons and a ricer mixture is one of them. Synthetic oil doesn't seem to thin, even when you can detect the smell of gasoline, but the mod does richen the mixture and if there appears to be a problem you might consider changing oil a little sooner than recomended, which is a normal practice for me anyway. I don't think it is a problem but I also use Iridium spark plugs in the Fit, Quad electrode Bosch platinums in my wife's truck and NGK copper core racing plugs in my Safari van with Mallory Hyfire VI-A Microprocessor. You may have to use a higher heat range plugs if in a cold climate, but the Iridium plugs are variable heat range and work in all climates. I would believe that if there was anything negative occurring that the SEL would light up, and so far it has stayed off and the Tri-Phase has been on it since September 2006. Everyone that has ridden in or driven it has said, it made a big diferrence, and thought I must have done a lot more to it than I had. Now having a throttle that will let more air flow through the powerband, should make for a much more enjoyable and entertaining ride. Hey, Blitz dude, we need to talk.
You'd better PM member blitzusa right away. The Blitz controllers had a bad back-order situation right after the group buy for them took place on these forums. Mike (blitzusa) is in SoCalifornia, and he has some in stock. But he can also tell you about any dealers closer to you who may have some as well.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:21 AM
Secret Squirrel

Wow have not heard of that since I was a kid....Was a cool cartoon... Thanks for the memories
Originally Posted by Chikubi
Nothing yet. Everyone's being all Secret Squirrel and I've seen nothing other than what I've mentioned so far. Still watching though!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:26 PM
what ever happened to this topic??? there seems to be some hype about SprintBooster Power Converter - www.SprintBoosterSales.com as it's basically the same thing... I have yet to try it out or a similar product but would be curious to see if anyone else has or can compare this to the Blitz or Pivot TC?