Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Who's running aftermarket B pipe with stock muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Who's running aftermarket B pipe with stock muffler?

I really can't say that any of the axle back exhaust's thrill me, look wise. I wouldn't mind a little tone to the exhaust so I was thinking about replacing the stock B pipe with an aftermarket one. Are there certain ones that won't bolt up to the factory muffler and ones that will?

I did some searching but didn't really find too much on this...

Thanks!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think you'll get much noise by just changing out the b-pipes, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't have a resonator built in is the J's Racing and that's like $800.

If you just want noise while keeping the stock muffler have a shop put a straight pipe where your resonator was, can't guaruntee it'll sound great though.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah, after thinking about this I think my best bet is to just get an axle back and be done.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
uh,well like the other guy said, build a straight pipe through the resonator. or what you can do is get someone to weld you up a 4x9 magnaflow muffler. and just call it a day,since your maintaining your stock b pipe then it should still be somewhat quiet.

it will look like stock too, because it really small and if they weld a tip that bends down, you will be set. since i guess you like the look of your stock muffler.

or just buy a header. for 200 bucks, i can almost guaranteed that your exhaust will sound a bit throatier . at least all the people i know who have put the header on with stock catback sounds meaner. who knows....

or just have someone weld you up a 24 inch glasspack and have no axle back. i was thinking about doing this, where your b pipe is straight, just have a glasspack right there, and have no tip or anything. that will definitely sound BEEFY, dont know how it would be performance wise...