Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
not to worried about the top speed limiter. im gonna try and get the final drive. who really need the car to go over 120 anyways. thats not safe heh.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
bord @ work bump

Old 04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
Thanks for the explanation!

Everyone should go the high boost setup F- low boost.

not all of us are as lucky to have scored a manual transmissioned fit.

and i'm pretty sure there are some members here who are sticking with the 5lb kit anyway.

even if you didn't do the injector upgrade and all you had was the stock exhaust, you are still looking at a much livelier ride, and a fun daily driver.

The idea of the high boost is mouth-watering...but not so much that the low boost idea is 'effed'.

OJR: thanks for all the useful info! and guys, PLEASE READ THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS! A lot of these questions were answered in the previous thread! If you are on this site, chances are you have time as your ally, USE IT WISELY, and don't make this thread cumbersome to read through as well!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Ship date updated to "early May".

Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Retired Moderator
As long as I get it by May 16th, I'll be ok lol...

Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Oscar,
Out of these 3 gauges, which 2 would you choose or would you consider to be more beneficial or useful for going the s/c route. Also, would you recommend of having them? Which do you think is most important to have. If none, then please let us know. Thanks

- Oil Pressure
- Wideband Air/Fuel
- Boost/Vac

Last edited by SickFit; 04-23-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by FitSport2007_5spd
Ship date updated to "early May".
There's no god..

Old 04-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Retired Moderator
I personally have got Boost, Oil Temp, and Oil Press. I think a wideband A/F is very beneficial but is quite expensive, and so would a EGT gauge. But I think the KW SC has been well developed and isn't a homemade turbo/SC kit, so I went with the simpler ones But thats my 0.02 which don't mean much compared to OJr.'s

Originally Posted by REXXXXXXXXX
There's no god..
Nope, just a Super Mod!

Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
There's no god..
Early May is next week dude. Chill lol.
Look on the bright side, at least they didnt put just May.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
lol i'm chill don't worry. i've accepted the fact that i can't think about the dam thing or else time comes to a complete halt. bad day- work sux, another delay, allergies killin me. i need some good news lol...

Old 04-23-2008, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
lol i'm chill don't worry. i've accepted the fact that i can't think about the dam thing or else time comes to a complete halt. bad day- work sux, another delay, allergies killin me. i need some good news lol...

lol, same here man.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by SickFit
Oscar,
Out of these 3 gauges, which 2 would you choose or would you consider to be more beneficial or useful for going the s/c route. Also, would you recommend of having them? Which do you think is most important to have. If none, then please let us know. Thanks

- Oil Pressure
- Wideband Air/Fuel
- Boost/Vac
Wideband A/F is a definite must and it pays for itself easily. AEM UEGO wideband can be had for around 200-250shipped. (last i checked was 6 months ago). Its more necessary with universal setups. You need to know if u're running optimal A/F and that the tune is fine for your car. Plus, idle problems, stuttering issues, etc can all be observed by a/f. Can help u determine if a problem is tune related or mechanical.

Oil pressure, not as important with supercharger b/c u're not tapping into the stock oil system are ya? I thought it has its own self-oiling system.

Boost/Vac, if ya want. Not necessary.

EGT, its a lot more useless than anything. A wideband will tell you much faster and easier to read. EGT readings will vary depending on where u place the probe.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
Wideband A/F is a definite must and it pays for itself easily. AEM UEGO wideband can be had for around 200-250shipped. (last i checked was 6 months ago). Its more necessary with universal setups. You need to know if u're running optimal A/F and that the tune is fine for your car. Plus, idle problems, stuttering issues, etc can all be observed by a/f. Can help u determine if a problem is tune related or mechanical.

Oil pressure, not as important with supercharger b/c u're not tapping into the stock oil system are ya? I thought it has its own self-oiling system.

Boost/Vac, if ya want. Not necessary.

EGT, its a lot more useless than anything. A wideband will tell you much faster and easier to read. EGT readings will vary depending on where u place the probe.
Awesome thanks for the info!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SickFit
Oscar,

- Oil Pressure
- Wideband Air/Fuel
- Boost/Vac
Gauges are NOT required or needed.

If I had to pick gauges, the Vac/Boost Gauge and Wideband A/F would be my choices.

-OJR

Old 04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah I was gonna get the WB, but its too costly in the end for me. The oil temp and pressure is more to fill up the two extra holes I'll have in the gauge pod haha. Good to know though in case you run your car hard. But definitely wideband A/F.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
fyi the scangauge has a host of readings that are useful. not oil pressure but it does have MAP. i know the max it is reading at now is aroung 14.5 or so so when i am in boost i will just subtract that and that should give me an indication of where i am at. also has water temp, open/cls loop, throttle position, volts, intake air temp, timing, and probably others too. And it displays/clears engine codes. in addition i have the AEM wideband a/f. that is a good one. supports data logging if you choose and can be piggybacked with other aftermarket FIC's if you wanted to.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Yeah I was gonna get the WB, but its too costly in the end for me. The oil temp and pressure is more to fill up the two extra holes I'll have in the gauge pod haha. Good to know though in case you run your car hard. But definitely wideband A/F.
Off topic but I will be custom making a pod for the gauges I decide to put inside. Made from fiberglass. Who knows, everyone that goes forced induction might want me to make them one too hehe. Lets see if I do a write up since its my first time.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by leonine
fyi the scangauge has a host of readings that are useful. not oil pressure but it does have MAP. i know the max it is reading at now is aroung 14.5 or so so when i am in boost i will just subtract that and that should give me an indication of where i am at. also has water temp, open/cls loop, throttle position, volts, intake air temp, timing, and probably others too. And it displays/clears engine codes. in addition i have the AEM wideband a/f. that is a good one. supports data logging if you choose and can be piggybacked with other aftermarket FIC's if you wanted to.
The ScanGauge will not see boost on the Base kit.

-OJR

Old 04-23-2008, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Oscar, so when you send out that email for kits ready to ship you should have the upgraded injectors ready right? Any rough idea on the price of the injectors?

Old 04-23-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
info on the AT kit please.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1