Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
yea, take a look around for bigger injectors, you will see this is a good price since it includes everything to make it plug and play.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
Unfortunately, injectors are not a cheap date. In our package, we include all the necessary components for the upgrade to be plug and play with the new injectors.

-OJR
Sorry Oscar. I talked to a mechanic buddy of mine and he said that was about right since it included the plug and play connectors which I heard is excellent so no wires need to be spliced. I guess the price was the initial shock to me which I guess I'm probably not gonna be the only one shocked lol.

We still cool? lol

Last edited by SickFit; 05-07-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Oscar,

what is the stock a/f ratio?

what is the a/f ratio with the base kit with upgraded injectors?

does chris's car or other cars you used for testing have a/f gauges installed?

how did you get a/f readings while driving? i assume you were monitoring this because monitoring a/f at WOT vs. real driving conditions are different.
asked this a while ago...Oscar do you have any input on this. Since i am currently monitoring my a/f i am curious as to what i can expect. Thanks.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by leonine
Oscar,

what is the stock a/f ratio?

what is the a/f ratio with the base kit with upgraded injectors?

does chris's car or other cars you used for testing have a/f gauges installed?

how did you get a/f readings while driving? i assume you were monitoring this because monitoring a/f at WOT vs. real driving conditions are different.
Your questions are very generic. There is no definitive answer to "what stock a/f" is. Air/Fuel ratios can range between 15.5 to 10.1 on stock vehicles. I am sure you can see this range on your AFR gauge. Air/Fuel depends on a number of parameters, including load, RPM, temperatures, etc...

The same goes once the KraftWerks kit is installed. The air/fuel ratios can range between 15.1 to 10.1. This, once again, all depends your load, temperature, RPM, boost pressure, etc... Remember, our SuperCard only affects the boosted air/fuel, not vacuum air/fuel.

We have tuned vehicles for many years and understand the differences in load parameters between WOT and partial throttle. Our SuperCard electronics have been tested for many miles and work great on the little Fit.

-OJR

Old 05-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SickFit
Sorry Oscar. I talked to a mechanic buddy of mine and he said that was about right since it included the plug and play connectors which I heard is excellent so no wires need to be spliced. I guess the price was the initial shock to me which I guess I'm probably not gonna be the only one shocked lol.

We still cool? lol
Yep... We cool!

-OJR

Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Your questions are very generic. There is no definitive answer to "what stock a/f" is. Air/Fuel ratios can range between 15.5 to 10.1 on stock vehicles. I am sure you can see this range on your AFR gauge. Air/Fuel depends on a number of parameters, including load, RPM, temperatures, etc...

The same goes once the KraftWerks kit is installed. The air/fuel ratios can range between 15.1 to 10.1. This, once again, all depends your load, temperature, RPM, boost pressure, etc... Remember, our SuperCard only affects the boosted air/fuel, not vacuum air/fuel.

We have tuned vehicles for many years and understand the differences in load parameters between WOT and partial throttle. Our SuperCard electronics have been tested for many miles and work great on the little Fit.

-OJR
not questioning your skills. my readings have not fluctuated that much. i am in a certain range (within +/- .2) in closed loop and a certain range in open loop (same +/- .2). that is regardless of RPM(to a certain extent) or temp (driven in 48-75 degrees so far).

just curious as to what you have found with the fit specifically. is that more specific?

Last edited by leonine; 05-07-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Former Vendor
Oh, no offense taken man! Just trying to explain that there is no definitive answer to your question.

Like I stated previously, it ranges greatly within the ECU. Giving specifics would just get mind boggling. It is not as cut and dry as the question makes it. Besides, you said you have an AFR gauge correct? In boost, the Base kit will generally be in the High 11.1 range.

-OJR

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 05-08-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Oscar (wow, we must sound naggy XP) i think i pm'ed you a while ago inquiring about the final cost of the kit for the guys that preordered. I was just reminded of it when SickFit mentioned 3100, is that what we're going to be charged? Or is there tax to be added to that? I'm picking my kit up in person, so no shipping required.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:12 AM
Oscar,
You may want to consider a discount on the injectors for those of us who were with you on day one of the pre-order with our money. Just a suggestion and potentially a reward for us sticking with you all the way.

BTW, can you also confirm that Canadian orders will be shipped USPS? I sent you a note a couple of months ago about this but didn't get a response.

Martin

Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
im running a short ram intake and megan racing header right now. would i benifit from the upgraded injectors? or should i wait till i have full exhaust?

Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Retired Moderator
I'm gonna need FedEx Express 2 day possibly to get it in time for my install. Anyone getting phone calls yet? Mannnnn this is cutting it wayyyy too close...

Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Oh, no offense taken man! Just trying to explain that there is no definitive answer to your question.

Like I stated previously, it ranges greatly within the ECU. Giving specifics would just get mind boggling. It is not as cut and dry as the question makes it. Besides, you said you have an AFR gauge correct? In boost, the Base kit will generally be in the High 11.1 range.

-OJR
thanks that is what i was looking for.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gotfitted
Hey Oscar (wow, we must sound naggy XP) i think i pm'ed you a while ago inquiring about the final cost of the kit for the guys that preordered. I was just reminded of it when SickFit mentioned 3100, is that what we're going to be charged? Or is there tax to be added to that? I'm picking my kit up in person, so no shipping required.
You are in California, so you will be charged sales tax. You will have no shipping cost because you are picking it up in person.

-OJR

Old 05-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by FitSport2007_5spd
BTW, can you also confirm that Canadian orders will be shipped USPS? I sent you a note a couple of months ago about this but didn't get a response.

Martin
We changed from our original carrier, and now KraftWerks ships FedEx. There would be a special handling fee for USPS.

-OJR

Old 05-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dewthedew
im running a short ram intake and megan racing header right now. would i benifit from the upgraded injectors? or should i wait till i have full exhaust?
Are you talking about NA or with our kit?

-OJR

Old 05-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Illusive
I'm gonna need FedEx Express 2 day possibly to get it in time for my install. Anyone getting phone calls yet? Mannnnn this is cutting it wayyyy too close...
As stated previously, kits will ship Wednesday, May 14th. There will be some decision making being done by the consumer when we call.

-OJR

Old 05-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Retired Moderator
So how are we looking at shipping dates earlier than the 14th? Any chance some will start going out tomorrow or monday?

Old 05-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
If youre getting the kit, it will do away with the intake. If you have headers, you will need to get the injector kit.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Illusive
So how are we looking at shipping dates earlier than the 14th? Any chance some will start going out tomorrow or monday?
As stated on the website and on this forum, we will be releasing the kits May 14th.

-OJR

Old 05-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Hi, Im new 2 this and hve a few questions about ur product tht i hope u culd help me with...but b4 i do i should explain my situation...sorry bt this is kinda long. I live in the west indies n currently drive a 3rd generation honda city/fit aria...basically a stretched out fit. I am planning on modding it and well when it comes to the engine your super charger solution looks ideal as i have an automatic gearbox. The only problem is that its not a vtec and doesnt come with the normal 5 gears. Its model number is known as the GD8 which is pretty much the same as a GD3 but has wats called the iDSL Engine which is based on the L15A and comes with a kinda tiptronic transmission with 7 gears. I think the engine was made for better fuel efficiency and has two spark plugs for every one a normal L15A has...so for example if a L15A has 2 it would have 4. Would either of these properties hinder me in being able to use your product. If you would like more information on the car i am happy to provide just msg me or e-mail me...your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated...Once again thnx 4 takin ur time 2 read this and any help is really appreciated.

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1