Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Those of you with your kits already hurry up with install and post pics/videos ASAP lol!!

-Ricky

Old 05-16-2008, 03:33 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
Those of you with your kits already hurry up with install and post pics/videos ASAP lol!!

-Ricky
i was gonna post video, but my brother left his cam at his girls house. My DSLR doesnt shoot video lol.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
And we already know that nobody is going to exceed 193 whp on this kit from KW's totally custom setup. Well, I guess one add nox...

I do need to change my fuel filter (was reading the m/t install instructions).

Yah, someone get the boxed version installed with some pics and feedback soon!!
KW's TimeAttack Fit is running on the stock Fuelpump

Old 05-16-2008, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Everyone,
Here are a few pics of the "BETA" A/T Kit.
Still some changes to be made in the next two weeks, BUT-
for all A/T owners, it has more power with the A/C on than it ever did with the A/C off. KW will be changing a few things in the next few weeks.
Remember this is the "BETA", BUT: I LIKE IT!
AC

Last edited by aliencowboy; 05-16-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:19 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aliencowboy
Everyone,
Here are a few pics of the "BETA" A/T Kit.
Still some changes to be made in the next two weeks, BUT-
for all A/T owners, it has more power with the A/C on than it ever did with the A/C off. KW will be changing a few things in the next few weeks.
Remember this is the "BETA", BUT: I LIKE IT!
AC

I heard you were picking it up today... So how do you like that torque?

Old 05-16-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Chris,
Did you really have to ask?
I love it to say the least.
Tomorrow coilovers for Sun.
What time are you planning on heading out.
AC

Old 05-16-2008, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Chris,
Did you really have to ask?
I love it to say the least.
Tomorrow coilovers for Sun.
What time are you planning on heading out.
AC

alien you are a/t? are you running hondata or just the upgraded injectors? this is awesome! any dyno's yet?

Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Eldaino,
It an A/T, no dyno's as yet, it is the Base kit, The header and upgrages will be comming in the next few weeks.
You won't be sorry!
AC

Old 05-16-2008, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
Eldaino,
It an A/T, no dyno's as yet, it is the Base kit, The header and upgrages will be comming in the next few weeks.
You won't be sorry!
AC

amazing. so all you have is the base kit? thats even more promising!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Dyno request!

(1) stock a/t Fit.
(2) plus 5# kit.
(3) plus T1R 4/1 exhaust header, injector package.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Chris,
You Lucky Bast--d!
I'll proberly see you there.
AC

Xorbe,
That's more like a wish list, keep wishing!
AC

Old 05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
it is IN! chris i'll take my badge please

finished at 11:30 this morning. here's some pics. i have only driven it for about 5 minutes but let me just say: they were THE MOST FUN 5 minutes that i have been in my car to date

the real test comes tomorrow morning for the 50+ mile commute to work. I am freaking exhausted. the kit was missing a hose and a few clamps but i had some spare stuff laying around. An excellent product. superb quality.

as for my driving impressions thus far:

1) the SC is not quiet - at least i dont think so and that is exactly what i wanted. you really hear the whine as it spools up. it sounds EVIL

2) normal driving is pretty much the same as before which is good although there is an noticable difference in responsiveness.

3) as soon as you put your foot down LOOK OUT! the engine screams and the SC whines up and bamn your gone. It is amazing. Now granted it is not put your head in the back seat power but it pulls really nice.

4) A/F reading so far have been the same in closed loop which is what i was expecting from oscar's posts. Open loop and WOT it is around 10.8 - 11.4 or so. i'll know more on this as i drive it more.

Peace!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Former Vendor
You should not be removing the aluminum intake manifold throughout the installation. Be sure to follow the instructions, and you should have no problems. The belt can be done by yourself, with patience.

I'm sorry for the missing vacuum line. I understand your frustration, and it is very frustrating for me as well. We are pretty thorough about our kit packaging. Missing pieces should be directly reported to KraftWerks, so we can try to help and fix our processes. Be careful about when you open your new kits up, and be sure to not lose pieces. This happened with the S2000 owners quite a bit, and they would find the pieces later after I had overnighted them new pieces.

If there is anything I can do let me know. Please remember kit owners, that technical support is not available on FitFreak.net. You have a direct email available for technical support on your instructions.

-OJR

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 05-18-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
leonine, you're the envy of an army of fitfreakers right now... lol!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Former Vendor
Congrats Leo... Of course the performance of the kit is different on your Fit as the torque converter in the AT locks up.

The supercharger definitely has no noise. Are you sure you are not hearing the bypass valve or air filter? Did you complete the initial start-up procedure?

-OJR

Old 05-18-2008, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
You should not be removing the aluminum intake manifold throughout the installation. Be sure to follow the instructions, and you should have no problems. The belt can be done by yourself, with patience.

I'm sorry for the missing vacuum line. I understand your frustration, and it is very frustrating for me as well. We are pretty thorough about our kit packaging. Missing pieces should be directly reported to KraftWerks, so we can try to help and fix our processes. Be careful about when you open your new kits up, and be sure to not lose pieces. This happened with the S2000 owners quite a bit, and they would find the pieces later after I had overnighted them new pieces.

If there is anything I can do let me know. Please remember kit owners, that technical support is not available on FitFreak.net. You have a direct email available for technical support on your instructions.

-OJR
Thanks for everything Oscar. the kit is top shelf. no worries. i wasn't able to get the altenator bolt out without removing it. plus it had to come off for doing the injectors anyway. I think Rexx was able to get it out without removing it so good for him.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
Congrats Leo... Of course the performance of the kit is different on your Fit as the torque converter in the AT locks up.

The supercharger definitely has no noise. Are you sure you are not hearing the bypass valve or air filter? Did you complete the initial start-up procedure?

-OJR
Maybe it is the bypass valve. i definately followed the initial startup. i unplugged the ignition coils and cranked it for 10 seconds 4-5 times waiting 2-3 minutes between each time. then i plugged them in and started it and let it run for 3-4 seconds then turned it off. i did this for 2-3 times. i saw the oil level drop in the resevoir. then i let her rip and watched the resevoir adding oil as needed.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Oscar can you tell me if it's possible to install the new injectors, clips and wiring without removing any intake manifold pieces?

I can't see that being the case. I would guess the top part of the intake that's made out of plastic needs to pop off and then the injectors and their harnesses should be accessible after popping the fuel rail off.

We should be able to start the car and go for a rip Tuesday night as we won't have the injector clips on the car before then.

I am supremely confident that we will make out Saturday deadline for the show.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation It's in...missing clips :(

Everything's installed, did it all today (well, took the bumper off last night just killing time). 9am - 8pm.

But....

...missing injector clips (I think???) I have the stock injectors (took off the weapon R header and put the muffler back on). Here's what I'm working with (middle is stock plug into the injectors, outside plugs are from the SuperCard).

Old 05-18-2008, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by leonine
Maybe it is the bypass valve. i definately followed the initial startup. i unplugged the ignition coils and cranked it for 10 seconds 4-5 times waiting 2-3 minutes between each time. then i plugged them in and started it and let it run for 3-4 seconds then turned it off. i did this for 2-3 times. i saw the oil level drop in the resevoir. then i let her rip and watched the resevoir adding oil as needed.

leo it looks great man! remind me one more time...your kit is just the base bolt on right? no injectors, so no extra performance?

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v2.1