Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Turbo 1.5L Honda Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Turbo 1.5L Honda Jazz

I everyone. I just bought a brand new 2005 Honda Jazz VTi-S here in Australia and I want to turbo it straight away.

Has anyone seen any turbo Jazz/Fits? Can you buy bolt on turbo kits? Any Pics.

Cheers,

Loz

Old 09-08-2005, 08:00 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you want to turbo already??

why don't you break in your car first before you do any serious mods?

Old 09-08-2005, 08:00 PM
oh yea, congrat to you. and post some pic if you can.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Get the Top Fuel Kit or HKS

i agree with shaolin...break in your car first!

Old 09-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Turbo's

Jackson Racing will most likely come out with a Turbo kit when the car becomes popular. I think they are a US based company and they make some good stuff. You can always check with them to see if they can make you one or use an existing turbo on the Jazz motor. Might need different plumbing as the Jazz is pretty tight inside and an intercooler would help a lot as well. You should have at least 5,000k on it before you turbo it so the engine is worked in properly. I believe most turbo manufacturers suggest 10,000 miles as the best time to turbo it, not before. You'll need to upgrade the suspension so you don't just fry your front tires off.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM
what is the average hp gain with turbo from low boost to high boost?

Old 09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Turbo Info

Ok first off what do you want the car to do? If you want more low end grunt then a supercharger is better. If you want more high end power a turbo is better. It's really best to know how you will use the car and what your preference is. an intercooled turbo will give you more power but where do you put the intercooler on a Jazz?
This link should explain the differences for you.
http://www.turbocalculator.com/turbo...ercharger.html
This site is also helpful.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question122.htm
Of course you have to find out what is avaiable for the Jazz. The turbo lag makes the car unsuitable for autocross as it can come on at the most annoying times and cause you to spin out.
It won't be cheap to turbo or supercharge the Jazz. plus you will need to (in most cases) modify the exhaust. Great fun tho, love teh power when the turbo kicks in.

Old 09-09-2005, 12:52 PM
i can't believe you can fit so many things in there. it's so small!!!!!

Old 09-09-2005, 12:53 PM
i'm only into NA and i'm just interested on how much hp gain can this little fit get with the turbo!!

Old 09-09-2005, 02:45 PM
Congrants on a new car!

First off all - what kind of engine work are you looking to do before you turbo it? Needless to say, putting a turbo on a stock Jazz is a pretty dumb thing to do, taking the lack of tools available to tune it properly.

As of today there are no aftermarket ECU modifications for the Jazz to tune ignition, fuelmaps and boost. The Jazz utilizes an OBD2A ECU which will go on a CEL frenzy if you try to turbo it without the proper tools and utilities.

Also, you need to take into acount the factors of the engine itself. First off, wall to wall clearence on the L15 engine is extremly tight. Adding more pressure and heat to an already high compression engine is not something I would suggest. First off, you'd have crazy knock problems, and that again can lead to devastating engine failure. The L15 engine is a high compression one. You're trying to turbocharge an engine set up, and tuned - for Natural Aspiration.

Old 09-09-2005, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by strepto
Congrants on a new car!

First off all - what kind of engine work are you looking to do before you turbo it? Needless to say, putting a turbo on a stock Jazz is a pretty dumb thing to do, taking the lack of tools available to tune it properly.

As of today there are no aftermarket ECU modifications for the Jazz to tune ignition, fuelmaps and boost. The Jazz utilizes an OBD2A ECU which will go on a CEL frenzy if you try to turbo it without the proper tools and utilities.

Also, you need to take into acount the factors of the engine itself. First off, wall to wall clearence on the L15 engine is extremly tight. Adding more pressure and heat to an already high compression engine is not something I would suggest. First off, you'd have crazy knock problems, and that again can lead to devastating engine failure. The L15 engine is a high compression one. You're trying to turbocharge an engine set up, and tuned - for Natural Aspiration.
We'll see... And I don't think it's dumb.

Old 09-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Wow! So many posts. I did not expect that so quickly.

Yeah just purchased a black 05/05 VTi-S. Will be modifying suspension, wheels, putting probably a Mugen body kit, tinting and sound system before the turbo goes on.

Driving 5,000-10,000km is a good idea. I am just looking to see what is possible. I promised myself that my next car would be turbo. I am only looking for a low boost setup 7-9 PSI probably.

I would only go intercooled turbo. I was going to see if I can fit a FMIC or otherwise a TMIC with a bonnet scoop.

Cheers,

Loz

Old 09-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nasty Gurl
Wow! So many posts. I did not expect that so quickly.

Yeah just purchased a black 05/05 VTi-S. Will be modifying suspension, wheels, putting probably a Mugen body kit, tinting and sound system before the turbo goes on.

Driving 5,000-10,000km is a good idea. I am just looking to see what is possible. I promised myself that my next car would be turbo. I am only looking for a low boost setup 7-9 PSI probably.

I would only go intercooled turbo. I was going to see if I can fit a FMIC or otherwise a TMIC with a bonnet scoop.

Cheers,

Loz
wow, look at you...

can't wait to see your car when it's done

Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Someone that Posts too much
HKS does a turbo kit for over A$8,000 for parts alone before shipping and your install cost.

Top fuel has a prototype kit featured in the Japanese 'Options' magazine which is estimated to be around the A$4,000 mark when released. The topfuel kit made 204.1ps, 26.9kgm.

Response from Top Fuel re availability:
We are sorry to inform you that we don't have any turbo kit for GD3.It's still under development.
Best regards,
Mitsuhiro Sato

Last edited by vividjazz; 09-16-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Nasty Gurl
I everyone. I just bought a brand new 2005 Honda Jazz VTi-S here in Australia and I want to turbo it straight away.

Has anyone seen any turbo Jazz/Fits? Can you buy bolt on turbo kits? Any Pics.

Cheers,

Loz
Forced induction is always the cheapest bang for the buck power! There are commercial bolt-on kits that are available but quite expensive. And for those with the proper know-how can put together a serious package oftentimes better than these aftermarket kits.
Turbocharging today is no rocket science unlike before with today's available ECU's or piggy backs to manage your extra fueling needs.

A 50% gain over stock is quite NASTY. You're on the right track, believe me!

Good luck!

JJ

My son's car last February 2005. Front intercooler and plumbing.

Last edited by jjmichaels; 09-17-2005 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Turbocharging today is no rocket science unlike before with today's available ECU's or piggy backs to manage your extra fueling needs.
What about ignition? What kind of injectors are fitable with the Jazz/Fit? I've looked all over, and I can't find any injectors suitable for the L15A engine. Neither have I found any aftermarket timing/ignition system out there made for, or compatible with the L15A engine.

I would never install a turbo into a high compression Naturally Aspirated car/engine without the proper means to tune it. It goes against everything I've learned and done when working with Honda cars and tuning.

Old 09-17-2005, 11:40 PM
JJ, that's a great pic.

can you post more pic??

Old 09-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by shaolin
JJ, that's a great pic.

can you post more pic??
The car was featured in the July, August and September issues of Top Gear Philippines. Let me ask first if I can post it on the web.

Let me just quote a part of the article:

"Amazingly, this L13 turbo whips out as many horses as a tuned B16B Type R puts out at 5500 rpm "

Old 09-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Please post the article if you can.

Often with copyright if you copy 10% or less its ok but I'm no expert.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jjmichaels
The car was featured in the July, August and September issues of Top Gear Philippines. Let me ask first if I can post it on the web.

Let me just quote a part of the article:

"Amazingly, this L13 turbo whips out as many horses as a tuned B16B Type R puts out at 5500 rpm "

cool, thanks.

Quick Reply: Turbo 1.5L Honda Jazz