Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Turbo 1.5L Honda Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 03:50 AM
Thanks for the info bro... do you know where the place/address at thailand to buy the turbo kit ? man i think i gonna make a trip down there.

Originally Posted by jazz-wa
let me drop in my 2 cent on this post... im turboing my jazz in perth also.. i came to thailand and met a few jazz owner that drive turbo jazz 1.5 and one that have the rsx/dc-5 integra motor swap in his jazz.. i might try to see if they could do a kit for this swap so i could get it done in australia but here the info on turbo jazz..

td04L turbo is used due to size and fast spool and great boost range
Stock SR20det intercooler will fit real neat under the hood/bonnet need custom piping
550cc injectors control by greddy emanage
2.5 if u prefer but in my opinion i rather go 2.25
.4 bar of boost would even spin an 18inch wheels on a jazz
custom turbo manifold... i could get this about 6000baht about $200aus

JUN in thailand have a turbo kit out for jazz's.

p.s. the jazz with k20 is worth playing with... vtec controller good exhaust and intake is quite a monster.. loose some weight on the jazz u could maybe run side by side with a minor mod evo... take note that my daihatsu charade cb70 could toy with stock evo 7.. my charade is almost stock beside the exhaust and bov

Old 12-20-2005, 12:41 AM
85000 thai money around SGD$3500... for custom made turbo kit by JUN (thailand) >.<", need to sent my own car to their workshop :X

Anyone know which garage at thailand selling turbo kit which is much cheaper than that :P ???

Old 01-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi,

Just wondering are the turbo kits installed in thailand running on the manual gearbox or the CVT. Im from Malaysia and all the jazz comes in CVT. im worried the CVT transmission cant handle the extra turbo power. The CVT would be costly to repair if anything happen.

thanks!

Old 01-11-2006, 04:16 PM
- In reply the questions raised about tuning the ECU for the fit. It would be fairly easy to use a piggyback systems like the Greddy E-Manage or HKS F-Con.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:09 AM
is that air intake intercooler???

Old 01-24-2006, 03:49 AM
jazz-wa, any updates on your turbo jazz project in perth?
i m very interested in your setup, would liked to know more if possible

cheers

let me drop in my 2 cent on this post... im turboing my jazz in perth also.. i came to thailand and met a few jazz owner that drive turbo jazz 1.5 and one that have the rsx/dc-5 integra motor swap in his jazz.. i might try to see if they could do a kit for this swap so i could get it done in australia but here the info on turbo jazz..

Stock SR20det intercooler will fit real neat under the hood/bonnet need custom piping

Old 04-29-2009, 01:09 AM

JUN in thailand have a turbo kit out for jazz's.

p.s. the jazz with k20 is worth playing with... vtec controller good exhaust and intake is quite a monster.. loose some weight on the jazz u could maybe run side by side with a minor mod evo... take note that my daihatsu charade cb70 could toy with stock evo 7.. my charade is almost stock beside the exhaust and bov

Hi, mind if i share my part?

I did a swap, from a 1.3 to a 1.5 idsi.

Custom made turbo manifold,
Custom made Intercooler,
TD04,
2.5" pipes,
1.5 VTEC Injectors,
700c sub injectors,
HKS SSQ BOV
"Some" Gaskets ( to make it low comp)
Stock Internals,
Stock Intake Manifold,
No filter at the turbo at all!

Tuned by UniChip + UniChip Turbo Module

Running at 170 BHP and 240Nm Torque.

Boosting at 0.7 bar (10+ psi) and at night when its cold, it spikes close to 0.75 to 0.8bar (close to 11 psi)

I just got this set up a couple of weeks ago.
So far so good!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
impressive. I bet it pulls
does iDSI offer any advantages as to VTEC L15 when turbocharged?

Old 04-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Spooling
impressive. I bet it pulls
does iDSI offer any advantages as to VTEC L15 when turbocharged?
well the only thing the idsi lacks is the 16 valve and the vtec technology. other then that, I guess its all the same. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I did a search and found out that all the 1.5 IDSI (honda fit/jazz and city) and 1.5 vtec fit/jazz, have the same bore and stroke of 73mm x 89.4mm.

But even though, despite this information, I'm not confident in ordering the Pistons and Con Rods for my idsi, though they are the same bore and stroke to the vtec.

Been on this set up for about 2 weeks already, and i was able to out run a Mitsubishi Colt Plus, a Toyota Camry and a Subaru 1.6 TS with some soft mods. And managed to stick on to the tail of a Honda Accord Euro R.

I'm enjoying it for sure, but I wish i could get the Pistons and Rods to make it more safer and also to up the boost safely for daily driving, and when power on demand is required!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 AM
5 Year Member
Hi, what does the swap from 1.3 to 1.5 consist of? Head? Modded Pistons? Sorry for newbye questions...

TIA

Old 09-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Brokenwingz, isit neccesary to change from a 1.3l - 1.5l in order to run a turbo?

Jazzista i dont think swapping a the 1.3 to a 1.5l requires a new head or pistons.. but hey correct me if im wrong guys. Also trying to learn on engine mods here, heh, of course that's just presumption since it's basically the same engine just a bigger one.

Btw brokenwingz what turbo kit did you use?