Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Ebay Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Ebay Intake

Hi everyone. Well, I am just posting to let you know that recently, I was researching on the "SSR" Intake and when I went to Pep Boys to look for parts, I found that the total cost of these parts equaled to more than 50 dollars.

If this is true for you, check this ebay intake system out.

eBay Motors: 06-08 Honda Fit Jazz 1.5 1.5L L15A1 Air Ram Intake Kit (item 110298677451 end time Oct-11-08 17:03:06 PDT)

I installed it yesterday and for the price ($50.00 flat, shipping and insurance included) I thought it was a better deal for me.

Overall the sound is very nice and I can feel a tiny bit of difference with this product although I did this solely for gas mileage!

Bye!

-Bri

Old 10-17-2008, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
You should get a better filter.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by JDMxGE8
You should get a better filter.
How come? Please elaborate!

Bri

Old 10-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Cause its a cheap no name filter that wont last you a month. Mine came apart after 2 weeks and the pipe was cheap plastic. This was on my old integra. You should never buy generic ebay parts. If you really must at least put a K&N filter on it.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Ah ok, I see. I'll be sure to check the filter every other day to see how it's holding up. Thanks for the advice!

Bri

Old 10-21-2008, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
I helped that company build that kit. The photo is my car. Their original kit was just a 90 degree bend and the cone filter in front of the radiator - poor design. I suggested the extra bend to get it to the inner fender. They sent me parts back and forth, and in the end gave me half my money back (25 of the 50) for the help/photos. Good people. I can't remember the company name.
Anyway, They photoshopped the filter blue, it's actually red like a K&N. I clean it monthly, and I plan to get a recharge kit from K&N as the filter element is similar so it should work. I've had it on the car for 8k and it's not failing apart.

Suggestion: Leave the rubber ducting from the factory airbox - they, stick it in the center of the cone. It'll help give it more stability and suck more cool air from the fender.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yup, definitely get a K&N filter.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
most of the sri kits are the same as far as performance, the only thing thats different is the filter, i mean the filter should hold up but if any sign of damage or anything just get a k&n and ull be set, either way nomatter how cheap they are there all the same concept. good luck with it! i just chopped my HPS CAI to make it a SRI bec i hated the loss of low end torque, much better now, and prolly more MPG due to not having to stomp on it to get it going.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Just keep stock airbox. Wayy better

Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by tougerunner86

I disagree. The functional purpose of the stock airbox, aside from providing the engine with air, is to eliminate noise. Hence all the resonator boxes. Those kill flow and withhold power.

A well designed intake will outperform the stock any day in this car. The same is true for most cars on the road (except for the s2000, in which the stock airbox is extremely well designed)

I'd build my own with the extra mandrel bends and couplers I have laying round, but since I'm not really going for performance as much as bling, I'll get the password JDM carbon fiber intake, because it's pimp

Old 10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chimmike
I disagree. The functional purpose of the stock airbox, aside from providing the engine with air, is to eliminate noise. Hence all the resonator boxes. Those kill flow and withhold power.

A well designed intake will outperform the stock any day in this car. The same is true for most cars on the road (except for the s2000, in which the stock airbox is extremely well designed)

I'd build my own with the extra mandrel bends and couplers I have laying round, but since I'm not really going for performance as much as bling, I'll get the password JDM carbon fiber intake, because it's pimp
got to agree with you

Old 10-27-2008, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
anything is better than the stock box...........seriously

Old 10-29-2008, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
you should open it. pull out the air filter element and see how big the hole is that air comes through you would be surprised. i don't think you can put a golf ball down that hole

Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
If you want to save money you really can't go wrong with a drop-in filter.

How come? Please elaborate
The difference between airbox vs intake doesn't even match the difference in cost. If you insist on putting that on your car at least look into buying a K&N or an AEM filter. The reason being is these E Bay units have poo poo imitation K&N units that do not filter very effectively and pass great amounts of particles.

A lot of these "affordable" parts and accessories are made to make money and nothing else. I try not to support these kinds of "vendors" but it is your car and your decision.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Nabisco; 10-29-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, stock the airbox sucks but a little creative dremel work helps. It just seems it has better throttle response than a cone filter.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I thought about doing this and adding a velocity stack but it is not allowed in SCCA (H-Stock ?) class.
I want to try auto cross with the SCCA.
My friend did this on his 10th aniversiary RX-7, K&N filter of course, and it helped quite a bit.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM
'any intake is better than stock......seriously'

Seriously!? i have to disagree. People have modified the stock intake and dyno'd it along with a CAI and it produced just as much power.

Ooh and short ram intakes are better for high revving upper rpms as cold air intakes see most theyr power in the midrange rpms bc once the revs climb higher n higher the CAI cant keep up.

My .02

Old 10-19-2009, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
anyone got a video/sound clip of what the intake sounds like?

i am interested in this, but i don't want some loud ass lawn mower engine sounds coming from my car when i pull up next to people

and does it really affect performance/mpg?

Old 10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
I'm likely wrong again but any of these intakes makes the Fit run better mostly in the owners heads.

I prefer not to test one and avoid the traffic tickets that would come with it.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Well, stock the airbox sucks but a little creative dremel work helps. It just seems it has better throttle response than a cone filter.
agree. i've cut out all the baffles inside the stock intake box and noticed an increase in fuel efficiency. the intake roar is louder but throttle response is more noticeable.

Originally Posted by Black3sr
I'm likely wrong again but any of these intakes makes the Fit run better mostly in the owners heads.

I prefer not to test one and avoid the traffic tickets that would come with it.
you're right about being wrong
every situation is different: air density, elevation, ambient temperature, your Fit.. all these variables will determine whether you've made power or lost it with an intake. until you've tried it, you don't have an opinion. that's the same as saying, "sushi is disgusting though i've never tried it."

BTW, my GD is modified and i haven't been stopped for my exhaust/tint/drop/etc.. if you drive like a normal person then cops will treat you like one

Quick Reply: Ebay Intake