Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Ebay Intake

Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon

you're right about being wrong
I knew I was right!! I knid of like the little purr we have from the stock one. Maybe some pics of after the Dremel attack would help us decide. A little roar would be nice but not too much as to annoy my wife. Please Dear can I had a CATback for Xmas?

Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I knew I was right!! I knid of like the little purr we have from the stock one. Maybe some pics of after the Dremel attack would help us decide. A little roar would be nice but not too much as to annoy my wife. Please Dear can I had a CATback for Xmas?

i gutted my intake box (gd3) and got exactly what i had expected: 2mpg increase and a tad more throttle response. an OEM chambered intake without all the extra noise, if you will.. it's about time i cleaned my filter, i'll snap a few pics while i'm in there

the GE8 intake box, however, is a tad more complicated. it's got this snail shell curve, bend, contort, twist, swirl, loop, switch thing going on in the inside. looks like you've got to split the entire thing in half, cut out the baffles, then plastic weld it all together again ... i think i may be wrong, i only had a few moments to analyze the GE8 intake box when Dela tried to swipe my k&n hi-flow air filter haha

Old 10-22-2009, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
Well I have about 2 miles to grocery store with two traffic lights and 5 stop signs. I doubt if chopping up my intake box is going to knock more than a few seconds off my ET at best.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
I helped that company build that kit. The photo is my car. Their original kit was just a 90 degree bend and the cone filter in front of the radiator - poor design. I suggested the extra bend to get it to the inner fender. They sent me parts back and forth, and in the end gave me half my money back (25 of the 50) for the help/photos. Good people. I can't remember the company name.
Anyway, They photoshopped the filter blue, it's actually red like a K&N. I clean it monthly, and I plan to get a recharge kit from K&N as the filter element is similar so it should work. I've had it on the car for 8k and it's not failing apart.

Suggestion: Leave the rubber ducting from the factory airbox - they, stick it in the center of the cone. It'll help give it more stability and suck more cool air from the fender.
Got one of these today from mqtautoparts on ebay. Kit is fine, the intake and everything is blue as shown in the pics actually. It came with extra hardware that you don't even need (or can't use, more like) two brackets that i suppose you could use for extra stability if you wanted to.

Overall same quality as a DIY Autozone intake, and less money.