Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

how many hp is it take before you notice the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Red face how many hp is it take before you notice the difference?

I am a newbe but it seems like a different intake and muffler will add about 5 to 6 hp from what Ive been reading. How many HP does it take to make a difference in a car like the fit? Will you feel the difference at that small increase or does it take a larger amount to really start to feel it?
thanks
k

Old 11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
well actually intake and exhaust you probably won't even gain that much you might even lose hp depending on what set up you go with and in the fit it really shouldn't take much to feel a difference since it is such low hp already but depends on where you are gaining the hp at lower or higher rpms.

people that put the kraftwerks superchargers say they are feeling a huge difference in their car and the base kit is only giving 30-40 hp.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
personally this car is very sensative to power. I noticed very noticable gains from lighter wheels and a mishimoto carbon intake. nothing to hoot and holler about but noticable. but I think you would feel 10-15hp. but there are different ways to add power. nitrous is going to add fat tq which will feel like a lot more apposed to a supercharger or turbo. a centrifugal sc and turbo are going to pull hard towards redline.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by underdog
personally this car is very sensative to power. I noticed very noticable gains from lighter wheels and a mishimoto carbon intake. nothing to hoot and holler about but noticable. but I think you would feel 10-15hp. but there are different ways to add power. nitrous is going to add fat tq which will feel like a lot more apposed to a supercharger or turbo. a centrifugal sc and turbo are going to pull hard towards redline.

actually, the kraftwerks supercharger for the a/t fits has a huge torque curve and it makes its peaks much sooner in the power band than one would expect.

havent seen to many turbo fit dyno sheets though.

most people with bolt ons go through the same thing:
their butt dyno feels power, but the dyno says otherwise.

i still say F.I. and a decent exhaust is the best route.

i've always felt that stock cars rated at least 20hp and/or around 15lbft-tq in similarly sized cars was enough to feel the difference.