Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

hks TURBO for AUto

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
the TURBO AT is faster...but not FAST like 1wayfit's HKS with MT.....
we've raced side by side and he can ditch me .......that proves AT is NO where near the MT with turbo....

good thing about AT is that when shifting...boost doesn't drop as much as shifting MT....no matter how fast u are shifting.....the drop on boost is always less on AT....i can keep it on boost from 1st gear all the way to 4th gear.....for some reason...5th gear..i can't boost as high? ??? may be the gearing on the tranny is much different.

and Yes i live 5min away from AJR....i still have to get my computer return to run properly
No lift shifts should keep boost with the Fit. Making boost is quick enough with the Fit due to compression and the tiny turbos used.
But yes, AT cars can hold boost with no problems through gears. Thats why most/all turbo track cars are auto.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
I thought about this also. When Josh told me his oil return was his drain plug I thought that was the stupidest thing they could have did.

From what Josh said, the kit creates some kind of crank case vacuum. I didnt get this? Turbo cars create crank pressure, not vacuum.
I just figured when the cars running the oil in the pan is slung around.
ah...ok. in the directions is does have the cracnkcase vent(that normally leads into the intake) rereouted and attached to the turbo oil drain. i guess the crankcase vent is supposed to create the pressure to push the oil out

but by this theory, to create the pressure in order to evacuate the turbo drain line, you would have to be in boost right before you turn your car off or else you will have excess build up in the drain line. but if your in boost before shut off, it will probably kill the turbo quick.

eh..im not a fan of it ,i wouldnt trust it

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 03-16-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
But yes, AT cars can hold boost with no problems through gears. Thats why most/all turbo track cars are auto.
um...what?

theres a huge difference between auto and a dsg/dual clutch tranny.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
ah...ok. in the directions is does have the cracnkcase vent(that normally leads into the intake) rereouted and attached to the turbo oil drain. i guess the crankcase vent is supposed to create the pressure to push the oil out

but by this theory, to create the pressure in order to evacuate the turbo drain line, you would have to be in boost right before you turn your car off or else you will have excess build up in the drain line. but if your in boost before shut off, it will probably kill the turbo quick.

eh..im not a fan of it ,i wouldnt trust it

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!
You did WHAT?

THE OIL DRAIN RELIES ON GRAVITY.

DO NOT HOOK IT UP TO YOUR CRANKCASE VENT!

what would possibly make you think that was a good idea?

don't run it that way! Hook the oil drain up to the drain in the oil pan, and the feed to a pressurized, filtered source. That's it. Physics takes care of the rest!!

EDIT: Reread your post, and you must be misinterpreting the directions.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!
You did WHAT?

THE OIL DRAIN RELIES ON GRAVITY.

DO NOT HOOK IT UP TO YOUR CRANKCASE VENT!

what would possibly make you think that was a good idea?

don't run it that way! Hook the oil drain up to the drain in the oil pan, and the feed to a pressurized, filtered source. That's it. Physics takes care of the rest!!

EDIT: Reread your post, and you must be misinterpreting the directions.
lol...i didnt do that. i have a gravity fed 3/4" drain line from the turbo to the oil pan and its tapped above the oil line. i should have plenty of flow.

the hks kit has a hardpipe oil drain. one end connects to the turbo, another to a banjo fitting that replaces the oil pan drain plug, and in that line it has a tee off of it that connects to the crankcase vent (rerouted from the intake). lol....very weird design and does not seem reliable to me. i definatly read the direcions correctly...and its a failed design to me. i assume hks was trying to use the pressure from the crankcase vent to push the oil out of the turbo drain??

Old 03-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
um...what?

theres a huge difference between auto and a dsg/dual clutch tranny.
Did I state there wasnt a difference?

Old 03-16-2009, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
^ no..but you stated that most track cars have auto trans...id need examples of this. ive never seen anyone want a slushbox tranny over a manual when racing.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:43 AM
tagged.........

Old 06-02-2009, 03:14 AM
ƒ{ƒ‹ƒgƒIƒ“ƒ^[ƒ{ƒLƒbƒgFFIT(GD3)

the above link is HKS Bolt On Turbo Kit 4 auto 1.5 GD3...the maximum u can reach is 200hp...on assumption tat u fix a Type S intercooler, upgraded injectors n fuel pump, replace spark plugs, cat converter, HKS mid-pipe n muffler, retune of F-Con IS...all these while the engine internals remain stock

Last edited by mugen boi; 06-02-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Here is a link for at turbo kit HKS - Turbo Kit - Bolt On - Nengun Performance

Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM
What ever happened to this kit not being able to fit on the AT??

Old 06-04-2009, 06:16 PM
5 Year Member
So how much does this kit make and is it really just a bolt on kit I do not splice wires and mess with harnesses.

Joe

Old 06-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Apply Online For a Credit Cards

Hi, good post. I have been woondering about this issue,so thanks for posting. I’ll definitely be coming back to your site.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Originally Posted by R@ymun2
What ever happened to this kit not being able to fit on the AT??
sorry...do not really understand what you are trying to say...i'm residing in Singapore & driving a 07 MMT/CVT 7 Speed GD3...installed HKS Stage 3 Bolt On Turbo Kit meant for auto...the link below will show you 3 types of packages for Honda Fit...2 of them is a full package (Stage 3) for both auto & manual and the other is just a basic package (Stage 1)

Translation result for http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/turbo/bolt/bolt_data.html

Originally Posted by JoeF
So how much does this kit make and is it really just a bolt on kit I do not splice wires and mess with harnesses.

Joe
minimum @ around 0.3bar or kgm/cm2...it makes about 155ps...maximum @ around 0.55bar or kgm/cm2...makes about 180ps...the most is around 200ps

and of cause...not cutting or joining or messing around with the wirings...basically plug and play

Translation result for http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/turbo/bolt/lineup/11001ah001-3.html

Old 06-05-2009, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you. Well I will be ordering this in the next 2-3 months will have to find a tuner in Tampa florida then to fine tune it and install it .

Joe

Old 06-05-2009, 07:19 PM
i'm not a very technical guy so hope that my answer can provide you as much info as poible

Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
i love college
will this work even though we have 5AT and you have CVT?

Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by keepitpg
will this work even though we have 5AT and you have CVT?
i think it should be able to work even though i never seen any difference in the kit between manual and auto but most probably they will tune it slightly different from manual as auto and CVT won't be able to handle so much horsepower as compare to manual

Old 06-05-2009, 07:49 PM
i love college
^^^ thats why its called a slushbox haha