Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Anybody has the Exedy stage 1 clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Anybody has the Exedy stage 1 clutch?

Just ordered it earlier today, planning to have it in by next week. Does anybody have it on their fit? I'm looking for reviews and such...

Thanks

Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
in for reviews

Old 04-06-2009, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Well looks like this forum is pretty dead....

Here are pics of the clutch it self, it will be installed wednesday. I'll give more info and impressions then...

Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
subscribed

Old 04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Nice! I like the holographic sticker haha

Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member
hey i forgot his SN but someone who used to own a S/C'd Fit im pretty sure had it. And i believe it was mated to a Fidanza Lightened Flywheel. I drove his car in a parking lot w/o knowing of them both, and i think it's pretty nice! The lightened flywheel was just enough to be good for daily driving and the clutch had a noticably stronger grab but it wasn't hard to deal with at all. I think you'll like it!

Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Got it installed today

My first initial impression was that pedal feel is a bit different than stock. Nowhere close to my buddy's bronze clutch on his rx7 but it is a little stiffer.

I havent ran it hard yet and wont until I get about 500 regular driving miles to break it in.

I'll update this thread accordingly for those who care...

Old 04-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
sweet keep us updated.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by sam21
Got it installed today

My first initial impression was that pedal feel is a bit different than stock. Nowhere close to my buddy's bronze clutch on his rx7 but it is a little stiffer.

I havent ran it hard yet and wont until I get about 500 regular driving miles to break it in.

I'll update this thread accordingly for those who care...
nicee!! it will be on my list of future upgrades..
It might seem that the forum is dead but there are a lot of people that lurk on here, just because they dont post doesnt mean they arent interested, so keep posting

Old 04-10-2009, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
can i ask a few questions... why did you purchase a brand new clutch? was it your old stock clutch worn out? if so, how long did you had it for? thanks

Old 04-10-2009, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
I've been using the T1R/Exedy organic clutch set since last November. I have approx 6500-7000km on this set of clutch so far. Yes I was really easy on the new clutch for almost the first 800km without doing hard launch/heel & toe/rev-match at all.

Now the clutch feel pretty consistent, even during the lapping day that I went to the last Sunday.

I will post more review on my tranny setup in my other thread later on today.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
I will definitely keep you guys updated...

spoonek4,
I noticed that you have it also when I was researching the forums to see who else might have it. I wonder if the T1R/Exedy organic is the same one as mine because Josh had that whole fiasco a while back when he bought his T1R clutch and it turned out to be 99% identical to stock. I look forward to hearing your review man, especially how it is in the long run.

RandomKoko,
I replaced the clutch because I started to notice an unusual noise in the engine bay about 2 weeks ago. The sound is similar to the sound of 2 nuts in a plastic bottle being shaken around. Its not consistent at all and the noise only last a couple of seconds. I went to a reputable local perf. shop and they told me it was the throwout bearing that was causing that noise. So I decided to upgrade the clutch since it'll replace the throwout bearing too. The noise is still there unfortunately but after spending $700 I really stopped caring and I'm just gonna enjoy my new stage 1 clutch. It'll drive me insane to keep thinking about it but if worse comes to worse, I'll bring it in to Honda for them to look at it.

My only concern now is next weekend's autocross,lol. I've been real easy on the car and I know I have to for about 500 miles, the problem is I only drive about half of that in a week haha. I need to take a drive somewhere, haha

Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 AM
5 Year Member

spoonek4,
I noticed that you have it also when I was researching the forums to see who else might have it. I wonder if the T1R/Exedy organic is the same one as mine because Josh had that whole fiasco a while back when he bought his T1R clutch and it turned out to be 99% identical to stock. I look forward to hearing your review man, especially how it is in the long run.

RandomKoko,
I replaced the clutch because I started to notice an unusual noise in the engine bay about 2 weeks ago. The sound is similar to the sound of 2 nuts in a plastic bottle being shaken around. Its not consistent at all and the noise only last a couple of seconds. I went to a reputable local perf. shop and they told me it was the throwout bearing that was causing that noise. So I decided to upgrade the clutch since it'll replace the throwout bearing too. The noise is still there unfortunately but after spending $700 I really stopped caring and I'm just gonna enjoy my new stage 1 clutch. It'll drive me insane to keep thinking about it but if worse comes to worse, I'll bring it in to Honda for them to look at it.

My only concern now is next weekend's autocross,lol. I've been real easy on the car and I know I have to for about 500 miles, the problem is I only drive about half of that in a week haha. I need to take a drive somewhere, haha
thanks for the reply man, hopefully i will look for any suspicious rattlle in my trans also. how much mileage does your fit have? thanks an hope your fit will become fit again.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RandomKoko
thanks for the reply man, hopefully i will look for any suspicious rattlle in my trans also. how much mileage does your fit have? thanks an hope your fit will become fit again.
No problem dude, my fit just hit the 20k mark a couple of days ago.

I'll post more info after tommorow's autocross

Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 PM
How's the clutch feeling?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member

spoonek4,

To be honest I'm not 100% sure if the exedy stage1 & the T1R clutch are the same. But I will say it should be somewhat pretty darn close. My transmission work(final gear, Limited Slip Differential & clutch) were installed by two licensed mechanic. And I've replaced both bearings & also bled the clutch fluid after the installation is done. I did about 400km easy mileage on the clutch, mostly city driving. I didn't do any rev match, heel & toe, double clutch, or dragging on the clutch during that period of time. I always believe in doing that no matter it's my clutch or brakes or tires. I never start to abuse it before there's a bit of mileage on it.

Now I had been to quite a few autocross events after I got this setup. probably about 4 events and 8 runs each. And I did 3 lapping events with four 30min sessions+ at track temperature ranging from 25-35c. This will be my 3rd transmission fluid change on Friday ever since I have the new setup.

I have about 20,000km(daily & track driving mileage) on this setup now and my setup is still working PERRRFECTLY fine at this time. I'm looking forward to do a couple more lapping events with this set of clutch before I go for something else. I did not regret swapping out that POS stock clutch, at all.

I used to have another set of exedy stage1 clutch set in my old EM1 Civic too. The bearings were done before the clutch kit itself. It starts to make a very noticeable squeaky noise at idle but once I step on the clutch, noise is gone. So while I had the tranny off the car I replaced that set of clutch with ITR pressure plate & exedy organic disc for the next owner anyway.

If u can get a refund on the autocross event, I'll recommend u to do that. Really, wait til u have a bit more city driven mileage on the clutch first.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Sam21 did you ever figure out what the noise was in the tranny I got the same thing.