Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

H-Fit type M

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mholbrook38
What is the brand on that Stainless Steel Exhaust? Looks a lot like Greddy to me. I like it.
tanabe touring medallion

Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Former Vendor
Hi Guys. Thanks for posting this thread Chaaree. Thanks everybody for your comments and questions. We at H-Fit are also excited for the upcoming release of our H-Fit Type M exhaust. Our anticipated release date will be early June. The MSRP on it will be around $325, with the street price around $260 - $275. We'll have some sound clips for you guys in the next couple weeks. We're also scheduling time for final dyno testing. As a FYI, we've tested this design for over a year (on NA and Turbo), and we've been very pleased.

Hehe. On the bottom of the hangers, it is not rust (it does look like it!). Our production prototype came straight from production and immediately shipped. The hot welds melted the packaging.

Let me try to answer all of your questions. The exhaust canister is not a generic muffler but instead it was manufactured to our specifications by Borla Performance here in California. It is positioned horizontally (and not dipping down). I know what you mean Kenchan, and we hate the mufflers pointing down too! These exhausts were originally to be released in matte black paint, but we liked the raw material look. Our original prototype was painted black.

As for the muffler hanger shape, the space ship comment was funny. However, there is a method to our madness. Over the last year, we had developed several rear diffusers that mounted close to the exhaust. With the position of the hangers, we were able to have better clearance for our diffuser and allowed more room to work with. We kept the hanger design as you see!

Our exhaust was designed to be low key (low exhaust note with no polish, no chrome, no large useless tip) AND deliver performance.

Feel free to PM or email us if you have any questions. We'll keep you updated on this post.

Thanks,
Johnny
H-Fit Team

H-Fit.com ...Products for your GD3 / GD4 / GE8 Honda Fit...

Old 05-06-2009, 03:14 AM
after the GD3 exhaust will you guys be looking into maybe releasing one for the GE8?

Old 05-06-2009, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
thanks for chiming in, Johnny! i'll be on the look out for those sound clips

i have one question, MSRP is $325 and you say the street price between $260-$275... what do you mean by street price

Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
^^

You gotta go to Martinez at 95th and California. He runs a little shop out of his Geo. Martinez's stuff is the BOMB!

lol...but seriously, I'd like to hear some exhaust clips

Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
HAHA, sorry about the space ship comment, now that I read it, it seems as if I'm being a bit abrupt! I guess with all this Star Trek stuff going on it was on my mind. Look forward to a sound clip, and maybe a few different photo angles, particularly straight on.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Don't forget our FitFreak Discount!

Looks like a nice piece, don't forget our FitFreak discount when this is available, thx!

Old 05-15-2009, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member
Gunna pick one of these up as soon as it hits the market. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the info johnny!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
I am totally with you on the "low exhaust note with no polish, no chrome, no large useless tip." Especially the large useless tip part.

How much does the muffler weigh compared to stock? I was considering the one by Megan Racing, but this one appeals to me since it looks much smaller and lighter.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
if only the tip was SS or polished. i really like the look of it

Old 05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey everyone,
Just a little clarification.

Our entire Type-M exhaust is constructed from 316 stainless steel.
This includes the flange, hangers, muffler and all piping.

The tip is cut at a slight angle and has our H-FIT logo Laser marked on the left side.

We will have more pictures of the exhaust on our site soon. We are set for a release date in early June.

As always,
Thanks for your interest in H-FIT products!

James
H-fit team
H-FIT.COM

Old 05-24-2009, 07:37 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Tagged for interest, particularly sound and weight compared to stock.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wdb
Tagged for interest, particularly sound and weight compared to stock.

+1

Old 06-08-2009, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
Bump for updates

Old 06-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by sterVin
Bump for updates
Curious on release date!

Old 06-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Former Vendor
Update!!

The H-Fit Type M Axle-Back Exhaust is now available for sale! We spent the last 2 months field testing the production part to ensure our quality standards. Thank you all for your patience. Sounds clips will be available soon. Please email us if you have any additional questions. Ztyhurst asked about the weight of the Type M Exhaust compared to stock. The H-Fit Type M weighs 7.6lbs while the stock exhaust weights 10.2 lbs.

Click here for the H-Fit website.

Thanks!
H-Fit Team

Below are some pictures of the H-Fit Type M Exhaust:

Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 AM
do you guys have any plans for a ge8 exhaust in the future?

Old 06-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Wow that does look clean. I just may have to pick one of these up in the near future.

My question is how much interior resonance that pipe size transition would produce bolted to an OEM midpipe. Going to 2.5"OD is a big change, and with the power output of both NA and boosted L15A1s I just wonder why it isn't 2"OD or 2.25"OD.

For reference, pipe interior cross sections, assuming 1/16" wall thickness:
OEM midpipe, 1.7"OD, 1.97 square inches (measured via circumference, 5 3/8")
h-fit axleback, 2.5"OD, 4.43 square inches
percent change: 225% of OEM, or 125% more than OEM

Last edited by polaski; 06-27-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Needs a sound clip!

NM, didn't read the "will be available soon" ... in any case, waiting for it, this exhaust looks so stock I like it.

I was reading through this thread again and noticed :

"Over the last year, we had developed several rear diffusers that mounted close to the exhaust. With the position of the hangers, we were able to have better clearance for our diffuser and allowed more room to work with. We kept the hanger design as you see!"

Can we expect to see a rear diffuser come out from H-Fit? Interesting or am I reading too much into this?

Last edited by Koi; 06-28-2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by polaski
Wow that does look clean. I just may have to pick one of these up in the near future.

My question is how much interior resonance that pipe size transition would produce bolted to an OEM midpipe. Going to 2.5"OD is a big change, and with the power output of both NA and boosted L15A1s I just wonder why it isn't 2"OD or 2.25"OD.

For reference, pipe interior cross sections, assuming 1/16" wall thickness:
OEM midpipe, 1.7"OD, 1.97 square inches (measured via circumference, 5 3/8")
h-fit axleback, 2.5"OD, 4.43 square inches
percent change: 225% of OEM, or 125% more than OEM

Hi Polaski. You are correct. The H-Fit Type M Exhaust is actually a 2.25" (2 1/4") exhaust and NOT 2.5". This was a typo. The 2.25" is the largest we would go with a NA Fit. The exhaust note is quite nice and not loud inside. We will have sounds clips soon.

Originally Posted by Koi
Needs a sound clip!

NM, didn't read the "will be available soon" ... in any case, waiting for it, this exhaust looks so stock I like it.

I was reading through this thread again and noticed :

"Over the last year, we had developed several rear diffusers that mounted close to the exhaust. With the position of the hangers, we were able to have better clearance for our diffuser and allowed more room to work with. We kept the hanger design as you see!"

Can we expect to see a rear diffuser come out from H-Fit? Interesting or am I reading too much into this?
Hi Koi. We've tried a couple of different rear diffusers for the Fit. Our most aggressive design that required removing a large section of the rear bumper did not produce a noticeable increase in performance. While track testing it, we still felt a slight oversteer during some of the turns. But, we may have been driving too fast OR driving too slow. We may revisit this in the future, but there is no current plans to manufacture a rear diffuser.

Thanks everyone for following this thread. We do plan on developing an exhaust for the GE8 in the future, but there is no current developments. If you have questions on the H-Fit Type M Exhaust feel free to PM us or email us.

Thanks
Johnny
H-Fit Team

Quick Reply: H-Fit type M