Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

What is the Best Headers for GD3

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by revd34
i don't trust weapon r race header. they finally fixed the leaking by welding. i'm pretty sure it still has fitment issue. plus the dyno gain that they post on their website is BS. i think i remember seeing a +9 hp just for their street header
I have been running mine for over a year now, no leaks and no rubs. Zero issues of any kind.

They switched to a one piece design early on.

I have been very satisfied with it, as people say you actually feel the difference. Most of the headers you will feel a little gain around 4000rpms, I personally went from the T1R Response Header (which an excellent quality header btw) to the Weapon-R race header. I can tell you first hand that with the WR you get an increase across the entire bandwidth. Would highly recommend it!

EDIT:Here is a photo I had kicking around of it

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 01-30-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Now if only they could provide us with a real dyno chart!! Not some pseudo ''It's making a lot of gains...'' type of dyno!!

Marko!!

Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
I still have no idea as to which way to go as far as a choice of header to go with after I get the high boost kit.... The rev limiter is raised with the ECU reflash and if there is any dyno results for headers or reference to headers used on the Kraft Werks runs on the high boost kits, I haven't seen them..... This little econobox is getting costly but the results so far have resulted in a very fun to drive little car.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Judging by the stock collector, i wonder how ANY header for the Fit would not give some sort of gains... Even more when S\C!! Look at that!! The exit si smaller then the allready small exhaust and if the O² Sensor is protrucing a lot into that small piece of pipe, it cold wreck havoc with flow!! Thus stealing even more power....

Marko!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 02-12-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
That is a disturbing picture..... It's surprising that there is any top end at all after looking at that....Even more surprising to me is even as restricted as the exhaust is on that end is there is an improvement in fuel mileage and power gain at the top of the power band from a larger diameter axle back pipe and glass pack muffler.... I wonder if a larger collector would have an effect on O2 readings.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Good question! I also wonder hot a fit can make 109HP with that!! The small pipe at the end of the stock header is 1½in if i remember! The collector is funny and there is a O² sensor in the way making an allready very restrictive collector even more... I don't think a larger collector would help!! Just a better one like a Hyper-expensive merged collector if one has lotsa $$$ and is a good welder!

Merged collector!

Here you can see that piece of crap!!

Maybe the tubes are smaller then the allready small ports?? Plus you can see it's not polished like the header on the left, thus interfering a little bit on exhaust flow as it may add unneeded turbulence to the exhaust stream!!
Name:  FitHeaderInstall16.jpg
Views: 3035
Size:  123.7 KB

Aftermarket seems to understand that the stock collector is a no-no!!
Name:  FitHeaderInstall19.jpg
Views: 3027
Size:  129.5 KB
Name:  FitHeaderInstall02.jpg
Views: 3108
Size:  89.5 KB

Now i really want a Header!!

Marko!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 02-12-2010 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
Your photo comparison was motivation for me to buy a Megan header with heat blanket off of another freak...When the snow finishes melting and it warms up a little I am going to put it on as well as some Swift Mach springs I got from another freak.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know what is more disturbing between the stock Header and ''Snow in Texas''! Anyway, can you post some photos of the Megan Header, and inside the collector and inlet pipes? I'm curious!! As for the springs, you will want to put a Rear Sway Bar from progress if you don't allready have one!! It really make a bigger difference in handling dynapics then springs alone!! Probably the Fit number 1 kick ass part!

Thanks!

Marko!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 02-24-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Hope you don't mind me bringing back an old thread, but this stuff is still pretty relevant considering how many GDs are still roaming the streets (hey, it's still a Honda lol). I've had the DC headers on for about 2 years, and while I do feel a difference over the stock headers, the gains are really only felt in the upper power band (around 4K-5K rpms). I have gone through a couple different setups with my intake and exhaust trying to find the best "zip" out of a NA tuned fit, and this is what I've gone with so far:

Intake:
1)DC Sports short ram - Better then the stock box, but nothing dramatic
2)DC Sports CAI - More noticable then the short ram, but living in the NE with my intake funnel in my bumper can be a little scary
3)Apexi power intake - Put the filter back in my engine bay (not as scared to hit puddles any more) and i actually noticed an improvment over the entire power band over both DC intakes. There will be some heat sink since the filter is back in the engine bay, but I have a CF hood with vents and a cowl scoop so it's not too bad

Throttle body:
Stock - 50mm opening
06-11 Civic - 55mm opening and I added a spacer w/thermal gasket. Nice improvement over stock, and it's bolt on which is a big plus.

Intake manifold:
Weapon R intake manifold: Definite improved gains over stock and it gives the engine bay some nice "bling", install is easy, just need to get creative with the vacuum hoses.

Headers:
DC Sports: Improvement over stock, nice gains in the upper power band

Cat-Delete:
Megan: The megan cat-delete does have a resonator to help keep the noise down, so you still get the gains with out the noise.

Exhaust:
1)DC cat-back: The exhaust is a nice improvement over stock, but combined with the rest of my upgrades it droned like crazy on the highway. Actually gave me a headache after 5 minutes, improved with a silencer.. but then whop wants to drive around with a silencer all the time??
2)Tanabe Concept G axle back: Switched out the DC axle back with the Concept G to get rid of the drone and not driving around with a silencer 24/7 and it worked! Still had the aggressive exhaust tone with out the head-ache causing highway drone.

Future upgrades:
1)Power station chamber intake is currently enroute, moves the filter a little further from the heat of the motor. Interested to see how it feels compared to my other intakes
2)Weapon-R SS race headers: Talked to several people with this installed and they all said it's the best they have tried, gains felt through the entire power band
3)Megan mid-pipe: With the Weapon R headers installed, I'm losing my resonated cat delete so I'm picking up their b-pipe which has a resonator and still gives me better flow over stock.
4)Apexi SV Fit axle-back: Now that I have a baby I wanted to keep the noise levels even lower with out giving up on performance so I'll still get the air flow of an aftermarket exhaust while keeping the noise even lower.

I'll have most of these parts in the next few weeks, won't install the headers till christmas till I get the mid-pipe (christmas gift), but I'll keep you posted on the upgrades as they are installed.