Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon-r manifold = |

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tofuman
Bisimoto now carries a Golden Eagle intake manifold for L15s. The same that was used on the Bisimoto 533 hp CR-Z. Available with a side or bottom throttle body opening.
Bisimoto Spec GE L15, LEA1 Intake manifold, machine finish - $549.00 : Bisimoto Engineering, Where Efficiency Meets Technological Perfection

So, will this Fit on the GD?

Old 05-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I dunno, I don't think the CRZ and the GD are using exactly the same L15 though.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
I was thinking the same thing. Also the manifold doesn't come up and over the valve cover for the throttle body. Looks like a lot of modifications would need to be made.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:42 PM
It seems like Weapon-R corrected the cracking issues by adding a brace on the throttle body inlet and improved the plenum... It's rounder now! In was square before... Air doesn't like to move thru square corners!! The only problem i see is it lacks a nipple for the PCV valve... Plus a catch can will be needed to prevent flodding the manifold with oil like it happened on my Neon!!!

Nice bellmouths!!

I think it's gonna be awesome with a Phenolic gasket!!

Marko!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 06-01-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 PM
That looks nice! Have you had a chance to test fitment?

If you don't mind my asking what did that cost you? I may well go with that mani when the time comes for 2 bar boost cuz the plastic part is not gonna cut it.

Certainly more affordable than having someone like Shearer or Magnus (of Canada!) make me a one off.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
450$ including a P2R phenolic gasket that i'm still awaiting!!

Marko!!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
they should recall the old manifold...

Old 06-02-2011, 01:58 PM
...or at least put in those braces on in case of a warranty problem! My runners are 13.5in long? What about the stockers??

MArko!!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
I dunno, I don't think the CRZ and the GD are using exactly the same L15 though.
Says it fits L15A's as well. The problem I see is that you'd have to run some extensions since the TB will be all the way at the front of the engine bay instead of near the back.

At least it's an option...

Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
Says it fits L15A's as well. The problem I see is that you'd have to run some extensions since the TB will be all the way at the front of the engine bay instead of near the back.

At least it's an option...
I really just mean the GE motor.. i doubt it would fit and even if it did the shorter runners would cause massive lose in TQ.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Ok it's installed!

Fitment is good but i would have preferred to be able to bolt my wiring harness brackets back on... Also, it needed 4 nuts to be able to bolt the throttle body back on as 1 of the stock ''Brackets'' could'nt be installed due to clearance issues with the brace Weapon-R added on the throttle flange! The MAP sensor vacuum port is just a little bit too large! It's not leaking but still, it can be better! Plus, where is the freaking PCV valve nipple...? Simply inexistant and i won't put it on the brake booster vacuum line as oil fumes into brake booster bladder = Big NO NO!!

So, for the product to be perfect it would need...

-A throttle body brace that will work with the factory mounting hardware!
-A Vacuum port for the PCV system (Catch can mandatory on that intake if you don't want a pool of oil in the intake! Could be sold as a combo!?)
-A design that will allow all factory mounting hardware could be used.. Wiring harnesses, rear manifold mounting point near throttle body.. In the meantime i will need Ugly Zip Ties to conserve decent NVH and reliability...
-Smaller runners to maintain gaz velocity (Better low end torque!)
-Port matched flange! The ports on the manifold are bigger then on the head (33mm VS 30mm) creating a lip that disrupt air-flow!! May prove great on a car with a port and polished head though....

Ohh and, it's making power!! It's making more power in the upper revs but bottom end torque suffered a lot. Probably due to the monstrously large runners... I had to remove fuel anywere except in the upper revs (5500+) on my FIC to conserve safe AFR!! I expected more but now i think that it's the stock ''Catalyst and B-Pipe!'' that are holding power back and not the intake system!

Finally, my impressions are that it's a good product but it lacks some refinements... My advice would be to design the product on a car in the market where you intend to sell the product because it makes me wonder if it was designed for another car and then adapted on a Fit!! It's probably better then the first version but it still need some work on it so it can be perfect!!

Marko!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 06-20-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by GatorFit24
So, will this Fit on the GD?
Just to let you know it will fit the FIT but is intended for high HP turbo applications

Bisimoto Spec GE L15, LEA1 Intake manifold, machine finish - $549.00 : Bisimoto Engineering, Where Efficiency Meets Technological Perfection

Old 06-11-2011, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
DOHCtor, did you get the new manifold online? If so, where? Thanks in advance

Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
It's odd that all previous versions had a nipple for the PCV valve and this one doesn't. I wonder why/how they could miss something so obvious. Realistically you could have one added without to much trouble but it should be on there.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I got it on ebay! ahah it's perfect except for those things i said! I can remove it and bring it at a shop so that they will weld a bung at the bottom of the Intake for the PCV or, maybe, i will delete the PCV System by replacing the PCV Valve by some kind of fitting and venting it directly to a catch can! If i run 10Psi someday, i could be better without a PCV that could plug open and allow 10Psi of madness to pop every single seals out!! Still, i wonder if my drop of torque at low\mid range is not due to the insanely big runners that cause a drop of gaz velocity at the lower revs! If i had cash, i would take another one and replace the insanely ''too big'' runners with some OEM sized pipes as it seems like that intake has it's fair share of design\manufacturing flaws! I have to rev the fuck out of my engine to make some power now... I gained a bit of top end power at the expense of a ton of low\mid range torque... I may put my OEM manifold back until i come up with a solution... It's a chance i know some welders!! In the meantime, if you plan ton invest 550$ on that manifold, keep it in a saving account... you will be 550$ closer to that Supercharger\AEM FIC combo that will actually make a ton of power everywhere in the rev range!!

Marko!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 06-14-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Already Supercharged, looking for small ways to increase power before I upgrade the valve train & fuel management. Thanks for all the info, definitely much to consider.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by DOHCtor
Ok it's installed!

Fitment is good but i would have preferred to be able to bolt my wiring harness brackets back on... Also, it needed 4 nuts to be able to bolt the throttle body back on as 1 of the stock ''Brackets'' could'nt be installed due to clearance issues with the brace Weapon-R added on the throttle flange! The MAP sensor vacuum port is just a little bit too large! It's not leaking but still, it can be better! Plus, where is the freaking PCV valve nipple...? Simply inexistant and i won't put it on the brake booster vacuum line as oil fumes into brake booster bladder = Big NO NO!!

So, for the product to be perfect it would need...

-A throttle body brace that will work with the factory mounting hardware!
-A Vacuum port for the PCV system (Catch can mandatory on that intake if you don't want a pool of oil in the intake! Could be sold as a combo!?)
-A design that will allow all factory mounting hardware could be used.. Wiring harnesses, rear manifold mounting point near throttle body.. In the meantime i will need Ugly Zip Ties to conserve decent NVH and reliability...

Ohh and, it's making power!! It's making more power in the upper revs but bottom end torque suffered some. Probably due to the monstrously large runners... I had to remove fuel anywere except in the upper revs (5500+) on my FIC to conserve safe AFR!! I expected more but now i think that it's the stock ''Catalyst and B-Pipe!'' that are holding power back and not the intake system!

Finally, my impressions are that it's a good product but it lacks some refinements... My advice would be to design the product on a car in the market where you intend to sell the product because it makes me wonder if it was designed for another car and then adapted on a Fit!! It's probably better then the first version but it still need some work on it so it can be perfect!!

Marko!!
Do you have your original base map .fi6 file laying around? Since switching laptops and having to re-load the FIC software I am second guessing myself on the setup page:

I feel like something is off and I can't put my finger on it...

Old 06-15-2011, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
If you come to any kind of conclusion as to whether an aftermarket intake manifold for my car is worth the results in relation to cost i would appreciate hearing what you have to say... I've been staying inside a lot and having trouble becoming acclimated to the 100+ temperatures so I'm still at a stand still on getting things done.. I have $1K in stuff I need to install and more yet to order... I'm not getting enough sleep to focus on what I need to do. Even with a huge fan that moves a lot of air it is still hard to work with sweat pouring off of me and I have a hard time awakening before sunrise and getting after it when it is a cool 80 degrees until about 10:30 AM..... Getting old and taking medication is doing a bad number on me right now.... I have started walking around with the dog during the heat of the day and the dog doesn't want to be out longer than 30 minutes or so unless he is flattened out in the shade heavily panting...He digs down to moist soil to chill out and waits until I am have way to another hole he has dug then runs and gets in it..... I enjoy his company a lot... I hardly ever interact with 2 legged critters anymore. It ain't all that bad at all really.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:43 AM
Hang in there Tex! I had one day of 102*F and 90% humidity and that was enough for me for a while. Good to here the new companion is workin out!

4 legs good, 2 legs bad

Old 06-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Do you have your original base map .fi6 file laying around? Since switching laptops and having to re-load the FIC software I am second guessing myself on the setup page:

I feel like something is off and I can't put my finger on it...

Other then my FIC software that is an older version, my injector response time is at 486 and yours is at 729!

The more i think about it, the more i think abour doing some runners swap on that manifold....

Marko!!

Quick Reply: Weapon-r manifold = |