Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Should I change injector for turbo car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tiu
The spark plugs aren't in the car yet, i plan to put it in with the turbo later. Need to gap them before fitted right? because when i bought it, i just gave the part number but didn't mention anything about gapping ...

As for the injectors, which type should i be looking at? I have no clue what the differences are and but thinking to use RC injectors as i hear people having prompt review on them.

Product Categories
The difference is the amount of fuel they can efficiently inject into the engine to keep up with demand of your airflow.

RC310's and 370's are what most people use on turbo Fits, if you can find them there are 400+ injectors available for other cars like the Acura RDX.

The injectors from a G35 can also be used with minor modification, if you search here there is a thread on it.

I would go with 370cc/min or larger so you won't have to upgrade unless you are looking to make more than 275whp.

You can put the spark plugs in any time you like! You will want to gap them down to 0.025" or 0.635mm

Old 05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
The stock injectors are 185cc/min @ Base fuel pressure, which is likely 3bar (43.5psi)

If you are going to attempt to flow more than ~12-13lbs/min you should upgrade where possible, and yes you will need the AEM FIC or something comparable to do this.
Hi, long time no chat here. Yes i already have AEM FIC and i still using stock injectors because in my country, the workshop for tunning AEM is no longer do tunning, due to tunner had left.

if i upgrade to 310cc or 400cc, do i need to retune? if yes, which map?

is there any free website for upload my map so that u can download and see. if not mistaken, my map cannot control individual injector, because when i change the fuel map, is the extra injector doing the job.
I don;t know how to redo the wiring. so is AEM FIC setup still able to work if i change to larger injectors?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 PM
FIC is not that hard to to tune IF you have a wideband and the open road....get that and some RDX injectors and call it a day.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
if you want to run 310cc injectors (which you can) youll need the aem f/ic. the 310cc injectors can support upto 10psi
Hi, I already had AEM FIC, however yesterday i went to workshop to ask mechanic to change 310cc injectors, they said AEM FIC cannot trim down (-) fuel, so cannot change larger injectors or else my iding got problem.

So i went to another workshop who so call expert in AEM, also give me same answer.

If not mistaken, FIC can trim down fuel right?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
The AEM FIC can Subtract/remove/reduce fuel when bigger injectors are put in, it does this by shortening the normal injector pulse width to the injectors, thus releasing less fuel. you can do this in the "fuel map" through the AEM FIC program. The AEM FIC program and give you a base map to work with and you can tune from there

Old 07-09-2011, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TunaDaMan
The AEM FIC can Subtract/remove/reduce fuel when bigger injectors are put in, it does this by shortening the normal injector pulse width to the injectors, thus releasing less fuel. you can do this in the "fuel map" through the AEM FIC program. The AEM FIC program and give you a base map to work with and you can tune from there

I saw someone else from this forum, their fuel map and my fuel map is different.
I checked my fuel map, there didn't link to my 4 injectors but they only link to my extra 1 injector.

see above image, -100 is no fuel added. if -64, -50 ,-40 etc , extra fuel injector start to add.

Last edited by clanbuster; 07-09-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
the issue might be how your FIC was connected to your car, I think most of us are using the boomslang harness so our FIC are setup to control just the 4 injectors.

you on the other hand are using 5 injectors, and your FIC is apparently connected in a manner to control that single extra injector, but not the other 4. So when you put on the 310 injectors which you can't control, they open as long as the stock 185 injectors, but since they are bigger they flow more fuel and you run rich and have idling problems.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Your car is probably setup like the second diagram, where the signals for the normal injectors are not intercepted by the FIC. Since the signals do not go through the FIC you can control the normal injectors, only the extra injector you spliced off the normal injector wire has a signal going through the FIC and thus can be controlled by the FIC

Name:  FICinjectorsetup.jpg
Views: 1966
Size:  38.2 KB

Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TunaDaMan
the issue might be how your FIC was connected to your car, I think most of us are using the boomslang harness so our FIC are setup to control just the 4 injectors.

you on the other hand are using 5 injectors, and your FIC is apparently connected in a manner to control that single extra injector, but not the other 4. So when you put on the 310 injectors which you can't control, they open as long as the stock 185 injectors, but since they are bigger they flow more fuel and you run rich and have idling problems.
thanks for the info. Does boomslang harness have plug and play for AEM FIC to Honda Fit?

my local workshop said AEM FIC cannot control my 4 injectors is basically just wanted me to change piggyback to e-Manage Ultimate or Unichip brand.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
by the way, you guys wiring AEM FIC is DIY yourself or let workshop mechanic to settle for it? I really give up them.
But wiring is not my expert. Does our Honda fit booklet have wiring diagram for ECU? How to know ECU injectors wire located?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Depending on the AEM FIC you can control 6 to 8 injectors, but I think anyone using the FIC is using the 30-1910 which can control 6 injectors. The boomslang harness is a plug and play harness which is pretty much an extension of the normal harness but has the FIC spliced into it, to monitor and/or intercept the the signals (such as the fuel injector signals) between the ECU/ECM thingy and the car

Old 01-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I'm currently building my shopping cart for boost and you guys have been a great help!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by bana1988
Thanks a lot guys. I'm currently building my shopping cart for boost and you guys have been a great help!
I'm building my list and got a deal on the aem f/ic. Wanted to know how easy is it to tune/ install