Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

I/H/E 50shot vs turbo fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
I/H/E 50shot vs turbo fit

What do you guys suggest? I think it's a pretty close race, what do you guys think?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
mmhhmmm..... trying to keep up with the turbo...lol

Last edited by rvall004; 02-26-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Why would you wany to go fast in a straight line? NOS will eventually create complications and is illegal. As for turbo, done right is street legal and will create constant power not like nos which creates a burst of power and when used for more than several seconds could melt pistions.

I/H/E= 125hp + 50 shot = 155-165bhp
Turbo tuned properly at 7-8 psi = 160+bhp

In conclusion turbo ftw.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
i/h/e 175shot direct port

Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
i/h/e 175shot direct port
+1 lol.

nitrous isn't illegal...long as your lines are purged and bottle off when you get pulled over.
ihe+nitrous is cheaper too. and I thought the turbo kits for the fits for the most part aren't street legal anyways...?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JJIN
when used for more than several seconds could melt pistions.
Not true, unless you're a dumbass about it.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shazaam
+1 lol.

nitrous isn't illegal...long as your lines are purged and bottle off when you get pulled over.
ihe+nitrous is cheaper too. and I thought the turbo kits for the fits for the most part aren't street legal anyways...?
Yep, bottle has to be closed. That's what a remote bottle opener is good for.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
Not true, unless you're a dumbass about it.
lol i wrote pistions.

first off, nos is really problematic with the law enforcement in my county. i dont know about other states but we have stricter laws on street racing/reckless driving in CA.

IMO, nos does not work as a system within the engine or with it. it is externally injected from a tank. which in my theory is fake power (think syringe&nitro crack speed). drag racers like to use them, and i think nos belongs strictly on the drag strip and no where near vehicles driven on the streets, much less in a DD. IMHO adding nos to a street car is as bad as you can get. i think of it as worse than neons because nos, no matter how you put it, is explosive pressurized gas. it can harm not just yourself but others.

think worst case scenario.

and also cheaper doesnt always equal higher value.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
You bring up some good points.

lol i wrote pistions.

first off, nos is really problematic with the law enforcement in my county. i dont know about other states but we have stricter laws on street racing/reckless driving in CA.
It's not really a problem where I'm from, but that said I haven't used and won't use mine on the street to race.

IMO, nos does not work as a system within the engine or with it. it is externally injected from a tank. which in my theory is fake power (think syringe&nitro crack speed). drag racers like to use them, and i think nos belongs strictly on the drag strip and no where near vehicles driven on the streets, much less in a DD.
A turbo is mounted outside of the engine? Does that make it "fake power"? Nitrous simply acts as an oxidizer to the fuel. It's not "crack" for fuel, if anything it's like vitamins for fuel, lol. It helps the fuel realize it's full potential and power. When used correctly, it's perfectly safe for the engine (unlike crack).

IMHO adding nos to a street car is as bad as you can get. i think of it as worse than neons because nos, no matter how you put it, is explosive pressurized gas. it can harm not just yourself but others.
This is true, it can harm yourself and others, but so goes the nature of driving. But just as with driving, you must do your best to be smart and careful. I'm glad you didn't say it was flammable, most people think it is. It is pressurized, but the bottles nitrous comes in are extremely fortified. Nonetheless though, I keep the bottle as close to the middle of my car as I can in case there were an accident while I had it in the car. I don't have it under my hood like some stupid ricer.

think worst case scenario.

and also cheaper doesnt always equal higher value.
It's always a good idea to prepare for the worst, but that doesn't mean you should live your life in fear! And btw, with all the necessary components to run nitrous, it really isn't all that much cheaper than a turbo kit... as I have found out.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
with turbo you will be fast all the time. with nos its just when you want to. how many bottles are you gonna go through. might as well get the turbo

Old 02-26-2010, 04:44 PM
As baylorbro can probably tell you, both the turbo and NOS will require cracking the motor and replacing OE stuff with better/reinforced pieces in ordert o ensure longevity. Neither is a recipe for years of trouble free motoring, good fuel economy, or keeping your factory warranty. A turbo is a better bet for all around performance. NOS is an excellent way to add some cajones to a motor in a hurry, and if you wish to add lots of HP you can do so, just requires a litttle more engine prep first. And of course doing either one on the cheap is a sure fire way to blow up your motor.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chinkyy
with turbo you will be fast all the time. with nos its just when you want to. how many bottles are you gonna go through. might as well get the turbo
Well, for one, there is not a turbo kit on the market for the GE... yet. There are some in development, but nothing readily available for the consumer market. And I'm no expert on turbos, but aren't the gains seen more in some areas of the band than others? It's not usually a smooth gain throughout is it?

With nitrous, you can choose what band you're going to run it in depending on your risk adversity. It's probably not at all safe to run under 2,500 rpm's or over 6,500 rpm's for our fits. To be safer though, I'd probably run it between 3,500 and 6,000. There is a switch that controls this, and with the management unit I have, it only engages at WOT.

Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
As baylorbro can probably tell you, both the turbo and NOS will require cracking the motor and replacing OE stuff with better/reinforced pieces in ordert o ensure longevity. Neither is a recipe for years of trouble free motoring, good fuel economy, or keeping your factory warranty. A turbo is a better bet for all around performance. NOS is an excellent way to add some cajones to a motor in a hurry, and if you wish to add lots of HP you can do so, just requires a litttle more engine prep first. And of course doing either one on the cheap is a sure fire way to blow up your motor.
Over time probably, but look how many ppl on here are running turbo kits with no problems. It's really about being smart with it. I haven't run over a 35hp shot, and don't plan on doing much over that very often.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned
turbo.........

Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
I like both but I think boost will be a better choice

Old 02-27-2010, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
boost in the long run.

gd3 with zex kit was making as much power as kwsc base kit.

with full bolt ones im sure you can make a great gain in power but the more you get nos happy your pistons will get holes in em

Old 02-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by HB1320
I like both but I think boost will be a better choice
Man if you and ricky go boost i've got some catching up 2 do lol.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
^^^well u better hurry up cause we almost done

Old 02-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Nos also doesnt kick in through out the powerband. Peaks and stops.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by rvall004
^^^well u better hurry up cause we almost done
"We" as in you and luis are each going turbo and are almost done or your fit is almost done? lol... dude we need to hang out one of these days.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by R@ymun2
"We" as in you and luis are each going turbo and are almost done or your fit is almost done? lol... dude we need to hang out one of these days.
definitly bro your lost man! I got jdm rear now...type s baby

Quick Reply: I/H/E 50shot vs turbo fit