Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Honda Fit builds, internal stuff

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Honda Fit builds, internal stuff

So i havent really seen any good threads on this. I want this to be a thread were people can see the gains of not only bolt ons, but also of cams, port polish, block work, and turbo or supercharging. So lets see what you have!!!!

Old 04-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tony13ski
So i havent really seen any good threads on this. I want this to be a thread were people can see the gains of not only bolt ons, but also of cams, port polish, block work, and turbo or supercharging. So lets see what you have!!!!
a road few have traveled.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:29 AM
5 Year Member
Old 04-18-2010, 01:07 AM
This is true lol but I know there are some out there and would love to hear what they have done, the results and about how much it cost them.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I don't think anyone on here has cracked the motor NA. Josh built his for FI and there is a loooong thread about it. He blazed new trail in that he found some vendors willing to make high performance internal parts for the L15. Outside of Japan you aren't going to find much for our motors I'm afraid. Turns out there is a good reason why people looking for big power go K20. But I would also like to see someone go crazy with an L series, sad to say it won't be me....

Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
L-sucks...period k is only way to go.
so why waste time with that?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Ok, why do you people come here with your negative crap. This forum is meant to exchange ideas, not put people and their ideas down. SO SHUT UP!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tony13ski
Ok, why do you people come here with your negative crap. This forum is meant to exchange ideas, not put people and their ideas down. SO SHUT UP!
i made my above comment because the L is so shitty..no body WILL work on it or do any type of R/D on this motor....this motor is a dead end...i am not being negative...i am stating the facts.

btw: on my "Turbo Fit" thread there some guy in Malaysia that pulled off 400whp in his fit....but he's he only one we know of.
here is the thread if u are too lazy to search
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rbo-fit-2.html

and here are few of the picture

then there is Josh who just gave up trying to make 200whp...and got a truck....i think he's still got left over parts for sale
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ld-thread.html

Last edited by FELIXY69; 05-10-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
i don't think the l-series is a dead end, if it was it would be like saying d16's are junk ect ect, just cause its a sohc and doesn't rev till 9500 i think people look down on them, all it would take is someone to toy around and find out what works and what doesnt work for these engines, if i had the money i def would, i think company's aren't wasting there time because there not getting people calling every day asking if they have internal engine parts for these engines.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:49 PM
And that is all Felix is really trying to say. He has money to burn and chooses to burn it elsewhere (take a look at his Skyline for example) The L is not a shitty motor it is fantastic for its original purpose, which is not making 400 WHP boosted to thirty psi. If you want to make real power the L series is a dead end. If you want a fun daily driver that routinely delivers 40MPG the L series is where its at. And if you insist on building an L for big HP you are going to have to resign yourself to spending big money and having to twist peoples arms to do the work.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:35 PM
I would'nt build a L15A for big power but with a mild boost in power (140 - 150Whp) it would be a fun ride!!

Marko!!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
yea def 140-150 whp would be alot of fun, but yea your right you would def have to spend big bucks to go all out

Old 05-17-2010, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grtpumpkin
And that is all Felix is really trying to say. He has money to burn and chooses to burn it elsewhere (take a look at his Skyline for example) The L is not a shitty motor it is fantastic for its original purpose, which is not making 400 WHP boosted to thirty psi. If you want to make real power the L series is a dead end. If you want a fun daily driver that routinely delivers 40MPG the L series is where its at. And if you insist on building an L for big HP you are going to have to resign yourself to spending big money and having to twist peoples arms to do the work.

i don't think TONY is looking for MPG in this motor..he's looking for big power ..thats why he's asking about block work, cams, head...turbo and super charging..

but i agree with u ..... 150whp is already good enough for the car.
but 400whp is even better.......!!

Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't imagine 400WHP in a Fit. Terrifying is the only word that comes to mind. That and torque-steer LOL

Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
I've had my L15 boosted around ~15psi.....that was for an entire day of intense tuning. Unfortunately I pulled an internal logger code that screwed my entire map up so I had Shawn Church re-tune. So, now it's at ~6.5psi @ 149 hp & 169 ft. lbs. Can't really tell if any really big gains are in the future. The head gasket is hard to source, they've got rods and pistons....I haven't been able to get anyone to make sleeves yet....thats about all the internals I can think of...now I would be curious to see how much the engine would produce with ALL internal components and at least @ 15psi if not higher. Like I said.....I have no clue what this engine can do if it's got all it's guts upgraded....but it's worth a try, someone's gotta try and max this thing out

Old 06-12-2010, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member
I thought Josh tried maxing this engine out, and he even rebuilt a new one! i think he was doin around 18 - 22psi on this with forged pistons and the block held up pretty well.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Do you know if he was able to replace his sleeves? I thought the sleeves were somewhat weak?

Old 06-12-2010, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Nope! he just replace the pistons, rods and rebored the block. Ive heard from alot of guys from Asia that the block can hold really well, no need to resleeve, but Josh confirmed it for me when he rebuilt the L series and with the forged internals. he said this lil sucker can HOLD.
thats wat im doing now, i got the forged pistons, bolt, and connecting rods already im just waiting for my appointment to come. and start the build. while im gettin my bodykit and paint job done. I got T1R kit @6psi on now its awesome but i wanna crank this up to 15 or 18 psi.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Yes, Josh did find and confirm that the block is plenty strong enough. His quest ran out of gas when he realized that 200-250 WHP was gonna be it without investing a LOT more money in a higher flowing compressor housing. He reached the point of diminishing returns as far as him and his budget was concerned. Again, however, this is all FI, the OP was asking about NA. For that I think the be-all and end-all was the JDM Enduro motor that was posted about over a year ago.....

Old 06-15-2010, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
boosted L = fun daily

K swapped fit = lots of fun daily

Quick Reply: Honda Fit builds, internal stuff